Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change Detron Base Damage To Electric

notionphil

Well obviously we wouldn't be bringing an unmodded Detron vs Grineer Heavies. You'd mod it for corrosive or radiation.

I agree that having both corrosive+radiation (current state) is a benefit against grineer heavies.

My point is that the Nukor does it better currently bc of the constant stream of procs, and I'd like to see the Detron have a more unique role...not just be another ultimate grineer heavy killer. I would like it to be more versatile. 

Why do I propose changes to the Detron instead of the Nukor? Because the nukor's very essence is obviously radiation, and the Detron is constantly the subject of 'please change this weapon' threads. As stated in the OP, I don't think Detron needs a buff (my 4 forma'd Detron is one of my favorite guns), but I would like it to be less pigeonholed.

Usually I think you have good ideas, but I think this one is a miss. While yes the Nukor is a radiation gun too that fills the niche of 'slayer of grineer heavies' like the Detron, I don't really have a problem with some guns having somwhat overlapping roles. Particularly when the Detron has better burst damage rather than forcing me to hose down a target for a few seconds before he pops. And Detron's immensely fast reload speed has me back in the fight sooner.

Honestly, the base radiation damage is Detron's greatest strength. It makes the gun one of the best grineer-hunting weapons around, and with the right build it's good against greedy milk and space zombies too. 

Making Detron have electric damage would get rid of this utility. I'd end up using the same damn builds I always do for nearly every other weapon. (Rad/viral for grineer, Corrosive/cold for void, mag/tox for corpus, Corrosive/heat for infested).

Players define "uniqueness" differently I suppose. Please see my below reply to the other poster:

I understand that for sake of min-maxing the guns are different, but my overall point is that I'd get more excited about virtually any other base damage type as opposed to 2 pocket radiation guns that fill nearly the same role. I'm looking at overall scope of the game, not what is in a particular player's arsenal.

If anything (and in light of your point regarding Nukor qua microwavy radiation weapon) I would support Detron getting switched over from radiation to magnetic. This would still allow for complex elemental builds, would not make it look bad next to Nukor, and would actually accentuate the ''unique feel'' that many seem to value for the Detron. After all, there are no weapons with real ntrinsic weapon damage (pace Kogake wall attack and Kestrel ground slam). 

Am I right?

EDIT: in terms of the niche that a magnetic Detron could fill, I see it being useful in high level Void missions, where you could combine the shield killing Magnetic damage procs with Corrosive and Blast (knocking down enemies and then being effective killing any kind of enemy) , or else a Viral and Radiation build.   

Edited by TennoSimons

If anything (and in light of your point regarding Nukor qua microwavy radiation weapon) I would support Detron getting switched over from radiation to magnetic. This would still allow for complex elemental builds, would not make it look bad next to Nukor, and would actually accentuate the ''unique feel'' that many seem to value for the Detron. After all, there are no weapons with real ntrinsic weapon damage (pace Kogake wall attack and Kestrel ground slam). 

Am I right?

I'd actually be happy with the Nukor being moved to magnetic damage instead, which would have made a good deal of sense in the first place.

My main issue is that we only have a few elemental guns, even fewer elemental secodaries that actually fire projectiles...it's kind of a waste for 2 of them to serve the same purpose and have the same specific(read:dual) damage type.

So yes, changing either to magnetic would also be something I'm happy with. I just want more variety.

Am I right?

But why would the detron(A corpus weapon) make a weapon with an element only useful Vs corpus?

But why would the detron(A corpus weapon) make a weapon with an element only useful Vs corpus?

Same reason why they made Prova, Lecta, and Amperex, all weapons primarily useful via moas. Cutthroat corporate warfare?

Mind you, I like my current head-canon about the Detron: It's a gun the corpus made for boarding grineer ships, where heavies are really tough to deal with and you're rarely more than a hundred feet from the enemy. Man, DE needs some fluff in that thar codex.

Same reason why they made Prova, Lecta, and Amperex, all weapons primarily useful via moas. Cutthroat corporate warfare?

Mind you, I like my current head-canon about the Detron: It's a gun the corpus made for boarding grineer ships, where heavies are really tough to deal with and you're rarely more than a hundred feet from the enemy. Man, DE needs some fluff in that thar codex.

Prova and Lecta are clearly stun batons(Though one's on a whip. Kinky?)  So maybe crowd-control weapons used as impromptu weapons?

And Amphex is a lightning gun. I don't see how that could be ever be a different base element.

And electric isn't too hard to mod for grineer, whereas magnetic is useless Vs non-boss grineer. But that's beside the point

...So why on earth did you not suggest that?

(Didn't notice the post earlier, that's why it's a double post)

As said in the OP, many ppl are clamoring for a Detron change. So I am proposing a change to that weapon since it's a frequently discussed topic.

As said in the OP, many ppl are clamoring for a Detron change. So I am proposing a change to that weapon since it's a frequently discussed topic.

True. I'm one of those people. However, most people aren't going for a damage type change, instead for just a pure number change.

True. I'm one of those people. However, most people aren't going for a damage type change, instead for just a pure number change.

Yes, I realize most of the posts are requesting a numerical buff...however many posters in those threads specifically complain about the fact that the base radiation dmg hampers the weapon against corpus and infested...hence...this thread.

Clearly, opinions are very split on the Detron. A large number of people like it just as it is. Another vocal (not sure of the size) group finds it in need of a buff.

And I personally find it strong enough, but want it to not fill the same role as the Nukor :)

As others have said: because the Corpus are a bunch self-interested, backstabbing, basturds, as the ongoing shenanigans between Alad V and other corpus sub-factions attests to. 

I think the Detron and Nukor are different enough to continue existing side by side. I can even see the point of the grineer making a radiation ray despite not being effective against shields. The corpus do have a much greater tendency for backstabbing, so why not create a gun that can pull that trigger? Har har.

I think a large part of the value in the detron is the combined element base damage type. You could substitute Magnetic on it or the Nukor, but that just doesn't seem as valuable as base radiation.

• 3 weeks later...

That image wasnt funny or accurate the first time you tried trolling by posting it, Max.

Maybe you should take your funny images to a place for people who share your same level of intelligence and wit. Reddit perhaps?

yep that was a bad joke

I gotta agree with a lot of the commentors before me, the radiation damage allows you squeeze in Corrosive + Cold on top of the Radiation, pretty much giving you a perfectly well rounded weapon. So I would prefer the Rad. damage remain as is.

However, if they wanted to buff the status chance so that we can get some shiny procs out of that rainbow build, I think that would be more than enough of a buff to make it even more fantastic without contesting the Brakk for raw damage.