Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To All People Talking Trash About Des

KaptainK3nny

I'm so confused. If people want to complain, let them. Complaining about their complaining won't do much good, tbh.

This. Metacomplaint threads never get anywhere good.

I was just going to make a thread : "to all people talking trash about people talking trash about DE" with the hope that somebody would make another thread with the title "to all people talking trash about people that are talking trash about people talking trash about DE" .... but i think it is not worth it :s

but on a slightly more serious note:

People will always complain about something (sometimes very often about minor things...like this thread....).

And that's good...

We can just hope that a lot of people will do it the "normal" way.

( with a suggestion to fix a problem or a new idea that could add "more" to the game, or a detailed description why something does not work as good as intended....that stuff ^^ ) 

Complaining or more accurately criticizing

At some point people need to know the difference between the two. Criticism is totally okay. There have been loads of threads that have criticized something and brought about positive change. 

However, the average "devs are incompetent/greedy/whatever" complaint thread just gets us nowhere. If the goal is feedback with the intent to bring about positive change, those threads are just as bad as no feedback at all. 

So i actually had this dispute with a clan mate and it is something that just wanna complain about i mean grinding for gear to sell is so easy. Yet they just don't wanna do the grind it's a matter of people being lazy and just saying that it is pay to win. But what they don't understand that it is only pay to win if you want it to be for the dedicated players that work there buns off in the heart of the void know the pain and are not complaining bout this small issue so let them complain I say. That is just more plat for the players who work the hardest so ignore them and make the free plat that they don't wanna grind for. Stay up fellow Tenno and don't let the complaining get to you.

Grinding is boring , when it's the only thing that the game is offer , it's even more boring , we just get burn off faster when the game offer only grind,also I can get plats with doing nothing ,If i trully wanted to , I sold enought mods to have "nice amount of plats" I can just buy and resell ,no effort required , just watch offer , buy and resell...once Warframe will have real content , maybe the complain will be less , like DeSteve once said , he want to stop the "Go to A and run to B" (or somethin not to far)

Just think what is your games actually let's see : 

Exterminate : Run , kill stuff , extract

Survival : when first released was cool for being in defence maps , not to big ,enought ennemies ... anyway : run,kill,run,oxygen , extract whenever yo u want

Capture : Run/Rush kill your target extract

Defence : Same as exterminate but forced to stay 5 round , so basicly Exterminate but longer oh also protecting the same cryopod 484116518 time

Rescue : Rush that all you need to , unlock the dude , rush

Dark sector : Kill kill kill , Extermination again

Deception : Rush even faster than you can ,no one will wait you except "friend door"

Don't think i've missed anything oh wait , Boss,I was joking they are regular units with a bit more Hp/def / immortality time 

I agree with the message, but this is the wrong way to go about it imho. I've been behind DE since the original darksectOr game, and I think they know a thing or two about being told how a game should be made.

Dark Sector was originally about space mercenaries, but publishers forced a drastic change in time/storyline. Eventually, DE went on to self-publish their original concept, now called Warframe. I highly doubt DE gives two kubrow excretions what people think about their game. They made what they wanted to, and have a full passion behind it. It's fantastic, and that's why DE is an outstanding group of individuals.

Good on ya, DE.

Bam, no more needs to be said. I too have been around since the original darksectOr. I still have the old trailer on a DVD from PSM. They have been through so much to get here, kudos to DE for dealing with so many unsavory characters.

So i actually had this dispute with a clan mate and it is something that just wanna complain about i mean grinding for gear to sell is so easy. Yet they just don't wanna do the grind it's a matter of people being lazy and just saying that it is pay to win. But what they don't understand that it is only pay to win if you want it to be for the dedicated players that work there buns off in the heart of the void know the pain and are not complaining bout this small issue so let them complain I say. That is just more plat for the players who work the hardest so ignore them and make the free plat that they don't wanna grind for. Stay up fellow Tenno and don't let the complaining get to you.

Grinding is boring , when it's the only thing that the game is offer , it's even more boring , we just get burn off faster when the game offer only grind,also I can get plats with doing nothing ,If i trully wanted to , I sold enought mods to have "nice amount of plats" I can just buy and resell ,no effort required , just watch offer , buy and resell...once Warframe will have real content , maybe the complain will be less , like DeSteve once said , he want to stop the "Go to A and run to B" (or somethin not to far)

Survival : when first released was cool for being in defence maps , not to big ,enought ennemies ... anyway : run,kill,run,oxygen , extract whenever yo u want

Defence : Same as exterminate but forced to stay 5 round , so basicly Exterminate but longer oh also protecting the same cryopod 484116518 time

Deception : Rush even faster than you can ,no one will wait you except "friend door"

Don't think i've missed anything oh wait , Boss,I was joking they are regular units with a bit more Hp/def / immortality time

All RPG's have grindage, go back to CoD if you want it spoon fed to you lol. Edited by Aisuru_Kaze

I agree with the message, but this is the wrong way to go about it imho. I've been behind DE since the original darksectOr game, and I think they know a thing or two about being told how a game should be made.

Dark Sector was originally about space mercenaries, but publishers forced a drastic change in time/storyline. Eventually, DE went on to self-publish their original concept, now called Warframe. I highly doubt DE gives two kubrow excretions what people think about their game. They made what they wanted to, and have a full passion behind it. It's fantastic, and that's why DE is an outstanding group of individuals.

Good on ya, DE.

Bam, no more needs to be said. I too have been around since the original darksectOr. I still have the old trailer on a DVD from PSM. They have been through so much to get here, kudos to DE for dealing with so many unsavory characters.

Those "unsavory characters" or need'ed for any games , except you want to play with less people , also those guys can also pay or make pay , if you played Dark Sector ,atleast you can say it , Dark Sectors was more hard (even if it was short) than Warframe , Hell I enjoyed finishing that game

Edit : to not double post , all games have grind right , but Warframe is only based on Grind & RNG , Atleast just by watching vids of CoD, I can see that you can make people rage easy on that game 

Edited by Chaosdreamer

See lol this is the instant thinking that people go for im bored you see even through getting bored there is a reward no matter what that is what keeps me going. so no need to complain and always expecting something that you want is what will put the good players ahead of the ones whinning so ha im gonna stay positive no way you can get me down my fellow tenno :P

Good on ya, DE.

Those "unsavory characters" or need'ed for any games , except you want to play with less people , also those guys can also pay or make pay , if you played Dark Sector ,atleast you can say it , Dark Sectors was more hard (even if it was short) than Warframe , Hell I enjoyed finishing that game

Edit : to not double post , all games have grind right , but Warframe is only based on Grind & RNG , Atleast just by watching vids of CoD, I can see that you can make people rage easy on that game

Lol not sure what game you are playing. Sounds like another entitled child argument to me. As stated before if you want it handed to you for no effort go back to children shooter Sims lmao.

If we all sit here and praise them without voicing concerns then that would not improve the situation and would, eventually, make things worse. They would think nothing is wrong so nothing would get fixed.

How do you think they know about what needs fixing for the next patch?

Us, the player, telling them what's bugged and what does or doesn't work properly.

Not everyone is going to happy 100% of the time.

Not everyone is going to be happy full stop.

What amuses me, in every game, is when someone complains some idiot comes along and says "well if you don't like it then leave" ... so they do. Then look what happens. Games go on the decline due to lack of playerbase with people leaving in droves.

One day when you log in and the game is all but dead you will sit there and ask "where did it all go wrong" .... you, you is where it all went wrong, telling people to leave.

Complaints can serve a VERY useful purpose. No one person can see everything, be everywhere.

One of our jobs as players and beta testers, which so many people like to forget, is to HELP DE make the game better. We need to report problems in as much detail as we can.

So many people come in and just play. Then they scream when things don't work right, but do nothing else.

But not all.

Some of the BEST posts I have read recently have been complaint posts. Complaints about game mechanics, weapons, whatever. If they are well thought out and well organized, that makes them FAR easier to read quickly and far more likely for a dev to notice and go 'Oh, THAT needs to be fixed'.

The ones that are a wall of text where every line is capital letters in internet slang disrespecting everyone and everything usually just get ignored. Sorry, that is just the way it is.

Edited by Kalenath

If we all sit here and praise them without voicing concerns then that would not improve the situation and would, eventually, make things worse. They would think nothing is wrong so nothing would get fixed.

One of our jobs as players and beta testers, which so many people like to forget, is to HELP DE make the game better. We need to report problems in as much detail as we can.

Not to disagree with you here, because I definitely agree that feedback is important, but we need to do more than just voice concerns. If the devs don't know what we like about the game how are they supposed to add more stuff we're gonna like?
Edited by vaugahn

Not to disagree with you here, because I definitely agree that feedback is important, but we need to do more than just voice concerns. If the devs don't know what we like about the game how are they supposed to add more stuff we're gonna like?

They can't know what we like. So we must tell them what is right AND wrong.

But so many people forget that in the need to voice their complaints in obstructive or disrespectful ways. I have fallen to that level myself on occasion. But it doesn't help. It occasionally makes me feel better, but very rarely.

The thing is, do we WANT to help make the game better or just rant?

Edited by Kalenath

Complaining or more accurately criticizing

At some point people need to know the difference between the two. Criticism is totally okay. There have been loads of threads that have criticized something and brought about positive change. 

However, the average "devs are incompetent/greedy/whatever" complaint thread just gets us nowhere. If the goal is feedback with the intent to bring about positive change, those threads are just as bad as no feedback at all. 

agreed

Good on ya, DE.

Lol not sure what game you are playing. Sounds like another entitled child argument to me. As stated before if you want it handed to you for no effort go back to children shooter Sims lmao.

It's hard to talk with White knight, whatever i will say you will defend it right? "Shooter sims" I guess you are even more broken than i throught