Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Corpus Eximus With A Penta

AlphaHorseman

You know, for all the weapons we have in the Corpus and the Grineer labs, it makes me wonder how come these weapons are research weapons from each faction, yet they do not use it.

It would be interesting to see an Eximus with a Penta, a melee tech with the Serro, and other enemies with their respective weapons. It would help players differentiate between enemies not only by their different colors (especially for the Corpus), but also by the weapons they carry. 

Plus it doesn't make sense to me why they don't use these weapons since we've researched these weapons in our labs.

Of course I'd think to ramp this up a little with adding a small pool of weapons available to each enemy type, that they have a random chance of spawning with (since DE likes RNG, this might be something that appeals to them.)

Now if people were looking for a challenge in the game, I'd think this would prove to be an interesting way to give them some. This is not a final solution to the power creep some are feeling, but this would help to diversify combat situations and make the battlefield a bit more interesting.

Note: This is not limited to the Corpus and the Grineer, if somehow the Infested could use the melee weapons available to them from the lab, and DE can fit it into their lore, then so be it. It would also be interesting to see some of the Corrupted get weapons from the Void drops as their faction is finally fleshed out and the placeholder enemies we face now are finally removed for better enemies in the void.

ANOTHER Note: Of course I'm not talking about these weapons modded to the max like how we have them, but stocks of each weapon for an army that's easily massed produced. So it'll have some kick to it, but not as powerful as the ones we choose to personalize ourselves.

To Clarify: This would apply to weapons not only in the labs, but others as well. I forgot that the Penta isn't clan tech.

Edited by AlphaHorseman

Above all else, they could use new units. It doesn't at all have to be a unit equipped with a new gun, nor are there many reasons for them having quite a few of the ones we own. I could see the penta being plausible on a planet's surface, not so much in their ships. Serro wouldn't be as believable due to the flavor text making it apparent it was never really a weapon to begin with, with no real reason why it would be issued to soldiers anywhere in particular.

In short, just because they exist doesn't mean there is reason for an enemy Corpus/Grineer to be using them.

Doesn't mean they can't use it, Grineer use Grakata and Karak, both of them aren't clan tech

Was pointed out since the original post references clantech weapons.

Above all else, they could use new units. It doesn't at all have to be a unit equipped with a new gun, nor are there many reasons for them having quite a few of the ones we own. I could see the penta being plausible on a planet's surface, not so much in their ships. Serro wouldn't be as believable due to the flavor text making it apparent it was never really a weapon to begin with, with no real reason why it would be issued to soldiers anywhere in particular.

In short, just because they exist doesn't mean there is reason for an enemy Corpus/Grineer to be using them.

Was pointed out since the original post references clantech weapons.

True, but it feels kinda boring when a large number of different units use the same weapons. If the weapons within the labs were researched from the respective factions, and being used against them, you'd think the Grineer/Corpus/Void would realize that these weapons are viable, and they already have them, so why not just use them. 

I agree with Original Poster, weapon variety makes is more interesting, but aren't you worried about how their level scaling might inflate the damage of powerful guns like the Penta? Just think about how destructive thrown grenades are in T4 void survival after a while. As far as i know, an unmodded Penta does even more damage. If they did something like this, they'd have to be very careful with how damaging they are.

I agree with Original Poster, weapon variety makes is more interesting, but aren't you worried about how their level scaling might inflate the damage of powerful guns like the Penta? Just think about how destructive thrown grenades are in T4 void survival after a while. As far as i know, an unmodded Penta does even more damage. If they did something like this, they'd have to be very careful with how damaging they are.

Agree on this. People were complaining about timed grenades killed them during void survival. Now with Penta they can massacre everyone within mid-range more efficient