Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Varying The Level Of Mods

AWZaji

Hello, first i would like to say that english ist not my native language, so please apologize if my grammar is not that good.

Now to my idea:

Imagine you have a level 8 serration mod in one weapon installed and you would like to increase the level of that mod, but if you do that the game says that weapon xyz´s capacity is reached and you can´t increase it anymore.

So my idea is, that you can vary the level of mods, so that every build can have the same mod but each one with a different level.

You can only change the level of the mod to the point it already has been upgraded.

A little example:

You have serration level 8 so you can only change it to the levels 1-8.

So what do you guys think? Do you think this idea is good or has ist some flaws that holds it back?

Zaji.

Hello, first i would like to say that english ist not my native language, so please apologize if my grammar is not that good.

Now to my idea:

Imagine you have a level 8 serration mod in one weapon installed and you would like to increase the level of that mod, but if you do that the game says that weapon xyz´s capacity is reached and you can´t increase it anymore.

So my idea is, that you can vary the level of mods, so that every build can have the same mod but each one with a different level.

You can only change the level of the mod to the point it already has been upgraded.

A little example:

You have serration level 8 so you can only change it to the levels 1-8.

So what do you guys think? Do you think this idea is good or has ist some flaws that holds it back?

Zaji.

i already do this. i have multiples of selected, essential mods for adding to low level frames/weapons, then i replace the lower ranked mods as the frame/weapon progresses.

Edited by d1sc1p1e

As far as I remember, DE said that they might let us decrease the mod's rank at a cost.

If this means paying credits to decrease the rank and then using fusion mods and credits to increase it when needed, then I doubt people would use this feature.

I'd like it if they did it kinda in a similar fashion to the way I imagine the mods work in DS PvP (because I avoid that like the plague due to how unbalanced I hear it is): They could make it so you have to have at least the base cost of the mod available, and then it only works as far as your capacity would go.

Example:

I forma my Brakk, back to rank 0. I go do a survival mission or something and it hits rank 5. I have a Cicero Toxin mod (I forget the name) with a cost of 7. (Let's assume I don't put it in a V polarity slot for the sake of example.) I could, under the "new" system, install this mod and it operates within the Brakk as if it were cost 5. I then go into another mission.

Partway through this mission, my Brakk hits 6. When it does, the Cicero Toxin mod begins operating as if it were at cost 6. The same occurs for cost 7.

At rank 8, I could install another mod whose base rank is 4, like the Tethra's Doom mod (so I can have Corrosive to better deal with those pesky Grineer as opposed to mere Toxin)...but this would then make my Cicero Toxin mod decrease back to operating cost of 4. The two mods would then rank up in order of position (like the way mods unlock in Dark Sector PvP).

Edited by Samoth95

I really hope they do implement it, i'd love to be able to fit a max rank mod on and 'downgrade' it temporarily to fit in a new slot, so i don't need multiple copies of every mod just to play the game effectively.

As a side note, it also opens the doors to upgrading mid-mission, by having mods pre-configured to upgrade as soon as the weapon levels up to accommodate the extra cost (possibly with some extra cost or something, idc)

As far as I remember, DE said that they might let us decrease the mod's rank at a cost.

If this means paying credits to decrease the rank and then using fusion mods and credits to increase it when needed, then I doubt people would use this feature.

That would be a terrible feature, they might as well charge players for picking up new mods too. or make you pay 1 platinum per mission, or require a subscriber status to get mission rewards.

Paying a small credit fee to 'downgrade' a mod is acceptable, but having to manually re-level it is the dumbest possible thing DE could do.