Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fps Drops To Under 1 Fps Every 2-3 Minutes

TrinityPrime

Yesterday, I wasn't having this problem but when I loaded up Warframe today I'm getting these mini fps pauses that occur once every 2-3 minutes and lasts 2-3 seconds.  The pauses occur at the same frequency regardless if I'm in mission or on my Liset.  When hosting a mission, noone else noticed anything and I did notice my sound works fine during the fps freeze/pause/massive-drop.  

I haven't touched my settings for at least a month and I've been playing a lot of Shadows of Mordor this week and haven't noticed any performance problems, only been logging into Warframe to claim my daily forma and run the occasional alert or do a few leveling runs.

Anyone else getting this or is it just me?

Edited by KnotOfMetal

i had intermittent freezing at one point, and for me, there seemed to be no source. except one morning when Flash wanted to update. and then the issue was gone. 

*shrugs*

after the fact it had seemed like a likely source of the problem if it was, because every game i had been experiencing the issue in used Flash.

(which is most games nowadays :/)

Edited by taiiat

Yes! I've found it's background programs - namely Google Chrome. Whenever I have Google Chrome up on my second monitor, it lowers my FPS drastically until whatever it's doing stops. So, for say, Twitter, everytime there is a twit, warframe slows down.

That's exactly what I was doing!  Ya, closing chrome and using firefox to have an alert tracking site like deathsnacks.com/wf open on my second monitor fixed/removed the pausing problem.

Weird that this slowdown only occurs between Chrome and Warframe.  

Also, don't see much chrome in warframe, wonder if there's a connection there >.>

Edited by KnotOfMetal

Like this?

And it stops when I leave the party

Ya that's what it looks like.  Went away when I stopped having youtube videos running or twitch.com or deathsnacks.com/wf running on my second monitor with the chrome browser.  Those conditions work just fine with firefox.

Ya that's what it looks like.  Went away when I stopped having youtube videos running or twitch.com or deathsnacks.com/wf running on my second monitor with the chrome browser.  Those conditions work just fine with firefox.

In my case it does not depend on the browser