Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Um, How Do I Build Brakk?

TotallyLagging

Question

17 answers to this question

Depends what you wanted it to and mods you have available.

I personally like to use it as a raw damage gun. It is fairly evenly spread between damage types so it does well against all factions. 

Serration, Barrel diffusion and lethal torrent are all mandatory on any build. 

After that the remaining 5 slots are up to you. 

Personally I would always spare one slot of Seeker as punch through means this pistol will be instant death between you and a few meters out.

This gives you 4 slots 

In later games, later survival/defence or Tier 4, I find that the clip size is the only thing holding this gun back. 

I personally run all 4 elemental/status events mods for pistol. The base status is 10% + 4 event status mods + the pellet count with 180% multishot makes it easy to proc status effects 

If you don't have all these available to you just use the basic uncommon four elemental mods and you will be doing plenty of damage

If you don't have seeker you will get a lot of benefit out of clip size/reload speed benefits to fill the only weakness of this weapon. If you have nightmare mods an Ice storm or stunning speed will give you a useful intermediate mod choice. 

In general the Brakk comes with one V and one - polarity. You will probably want to forma at least twice to add two more Vs. 

This will allow Serration, Lethal Torrent and Barrel diffusion to be on polarity as these are the most expensive pistol mods. 

Edited by MDRLOz

This is the build I use. It lacks punch through which can be a pain, but it doesn't lack punch.

Three Forma. Mostly crit with some elemental.

http://goo.gl/WfpqHh

Well I admit I'm missing a lot of mods. Heck my Hornet Strike's not even maxed and I don't have Pathogen Rounds and Ice Storm.

Is crit actually viable though? 33% at max is kinda low.

My max damage build. Most damage per shot. http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Brakk/t_30_23002232_193-5-5-195-3-5-196-2-5-202-1-5-204-0-10-206-4-5-207-7-10-209-6-5_204-7-202-6-196-9-195-11-206-6-193-6-209-6-207-7/en/3-0-4/0 I've used in t4 surv past an hour I've used it effectively in t4 surv to 1 hr and 20 and stop after that because i got the part I need not sure how long it effectively lasts but I definetly suggest my build. Best secondary by far.

For long survival/defense runs, you can't go better than this except your party has 4x corrosive projection auras then change the elemental and dual elemental mods for viral.

http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Brakk/t_30_30032220_193-6-5-195-3-5-204-4-10-206-7-5-207-5-10-209-0-5-212-1-3-263-2-3_209-6-212-7-263-7-195-6-204-7-207-7-193-6-206-11/en/3-0-4/0

Edited by Deccode

This is the build I use. It lacks punch through which can be a pain, but it doesn't lack punch.

Three Forma. Mostly crit with some elemental.

http://goo.gl/WfpqHh

Can you explain how you got over 4000 corrosive damage using only Hornet Strike, Convulsion and Pathogen rounds. I put in the exact mods/ranks you did on my Brakk and only get 2419 Corrossive damage.

In fact, every build listed on this thread has extremely high numbers but when you actually place these mods in-game they are significantly different.

What gives bros?

Barrel Diffusion and Lethal Torrent = Multishot = the UI doubles damage of the various types even if you don't have 100% chance of multi-shot.  However with both of those maxed you essentially do so it works in this instance.

So what you are saying is Warframe Builder displays damage differently than in-game.

Again, I modded the EXACT same way as these builds in-game with much lower damage numbers.

So what you are saying is Warframe Builder displays damage differently than in-game.

Again, I modded the EXACT same way as these builds in-game with much lower damage numbers.

ZenBlade is correct, Warframe Builder gives you different numbers than in-game. In the Arsenal I get the same numbers as you.

switch my build's deep freeze (or another element) to gunslinger (maxed) and see what happens to the burst dps

@PoeticProdigal

You don't.  In truth all of the listed stats are just theoretical as it assumes 100% accuracy and no damage fall-off.  Take Seeker for example, no stat represents how piercing multiple enemies will increase the damage dealt.  In some cases you are only hitting 1 enemy while in others you are hitting 3+.  Think of these damage values as a representation of what could occur in the actual game.  Critical chance, status chance, fall-off distance, spread, etc. are all variables that affect the damage you actually deal.  The best you can do is maximize the values with the understanding that critical chance may not proc or that some/all of the pellets may miss.

@PoeticProdigal

You don't.  In truth all of the listed stats are just theoretical as it assumes 100% accuracy and no damage fall-off.  Take Seeker for example, no stat represents how piercing multiple enemies will increase the damage dealt.  In some cases you are only hitting 1 enemy while in others you are hitting 3+.  Think of these damage values as a representation of what could occur in the actual game.  Critical chance, status chance, fall-off distance, spread, etc. are all variables that affect the damage you actually deal.  The best you can do is maximize the values with the understanding that critical chance may not proc or that some/all of the pellets may miss.

Understandable.  I guess what I'm trying to ask is why does the Warframe builder calculate damage so differently?  What are they factoring in that gives such higher stats?