Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What would YOU spend real money on?

TheRealTuna

I spent my platinium from the founders programs on Warframes and Pro weapons.

I don't see myself as having the time, nor the desire, to grind the bosses to get drops to build something in the Foundry.

It's much easier to drop 20-30usd, get the frame(s) or the weapon(s) you'd like and get on with it.

So Cosmetics, Frames and Weapons is what I've been buying, both here and other F2P like PlanetSide 2 (Spent over 32000 SC points on my NC PS2 soldier so far).

Paying customers are willing to drop their money on shortcuts, so as long as the F2P users have the same options in-game through grinding and the foundry I don't see a problem in letting us purchase everything from the market directly.

Clothes and other customizable visual upgrades to my character. I don't feel <:~*~|Unique|~*~:> enough as it is.

The characters are ugly enough now so you could probably get people to pay to make them prettier. I'm guessing adding mech/robot style skins would be popular judging by the sci-fi theme.

Paying customers are willing to drop their money on shortcuts, so as long as the F2P users have the same options in-game through grinding and the foundry I don't see a problem in letting us purchase everything from the market directly.

I agree and I'm soneone who can't afford and has no inclination to buy anything stat related from the market unless it can't be found anywhere else and I need it to experience all the stages or dungeons in a game. People who have money and work most of the day probably don't want to sit around working in their video games and would rather pay to have fun faster. It's a fair system and I like to see people support the games and be rewarded even if my contribution isn't as big.

That said as posted above I have a soft spot for cosmetic clothing and such. It's usually affordable to create a look you like in most F2P games which is nice.

Edited by MegatechBody

What I think is good :

- Cosmetic stuff like skins, colors (we need more flashy colors in the palette, especially for lights), additional effects...

- Shortcuts (buying weapons/frames/orokin superchargers with plat, affinity/credit boosters). I don't usually buy this stuff but it's always a fair deal.

What I think is bad :

- Plat-only gameplay-tied items like aklatos, bolto or starter frames pre-update 5.3, etc...

- Frames/weapons slots which limits the versatility of non-paying players and thus limits their gameplay.

as long its not p2w I would spend on everything that is available

I have no problem spending money on f2p games I enjoy and that I think the price is right on things. Have already spent $100 on planetside 2

But yeah comsetic items are always sought after on f2p games that are not p2w.

I was thinking of buying founders for warframe but as its not a skin but a completely different warframe which is exactly the same but reskinned I wont pay for it. If they changed that I would buy founder.

Well personally speaking, the only things I've spent plat on are more slots for weapons and warframes, Pro'ing all of my frames and weapons before the blueprint options, and the color picker. I would definitely spend more on cosmetic options, though I couldn't disagree more with whoever said the frames are ugly, and please god no anime mecha garbage.

When I don't have as much free time to play the game as I do now, I might lay down some plat for a warframe I don't want to wait to have to try, but I enjoy the process of earning them ingame at the moment. Unless they drastically reduce player income or increase the price of weapons, I can't imagine ever spending money on those.

Customisation options mainly, ranging from Warframe skins, camos and decals (both color and fabric-wise) to weapon skins and costumisations.

Also, in general, I assume people would pay for boosters, buffs and/or themed cosmetic items.

However, there are also things I'd rather see gone from the shop, like any warframe thats not a blueprint. I'd be fine wtih selling the helmet/chassis/systems blueprints for every warframe for those not willing/wanting to farm/grind bosses for the drops but still have them craft the thing in the foundry and collect the materials needed to do it.

Getting the "best" warframe and weapon right off the bat kinda defeats the point of playing the game.

Getting the "best" warframe and weapon right off the bat kinda defeats the point of playing the game.

Some people play video games to have fun not earn fake pixel trinkets. Rh7ZS.gif

Also in a properly designed video game nothing should be "the best", everything should have its own strengths and weaknesses. In that way you also reduce the amount of items you have to create as each one is a viable choice, giving players a wide variety of weapons to choose from throughout the game without locking off certain choices because they're no long viable.

Edited by MegatechBody

Some people play video games to have fun not earn fake pixel trinkets. Rh7ZS.gif

Also in a properly designed video game nothing should be "the best", everything should have its own strengths and weaknesses. In that way you also reduce the amount of items you have to create as each one is a viable choice, giving players a wide variety of weapons to choose from throughout the game without locking off certain choices because they're no long viable.

Hence the quotation marks.

The term fun is often used losely. I don't think anyone plays games to NOT have fun, but that still doesn't prevent discussing the term against logic way too often.

Hence the quotation marks.

The term fun is often used losely. I don't think anyone plays games to NOT have fun, but that still doesn't prevent discussing the term against logic way too often.

Well I'd say there's a difference between addiction to positive reinforcement and lighthearted amusement but that's just me.

Well I'd say there's a difference between addiction to positive reinforcement and lighthearted amusement but that's just me.

Or I've spent a good chunk of the past decade maining MMOs and RPGs and expect everything you get in a game to require some time and effort sunk into it.

• 2 months later...

I would love to see a full Warframe decal/style customization it would look awesome and I doesn't ruin the color pallet system they have going and also custom skins for each Warframe and pet so the skin styles match kinda giving the different Tenno clans look. I would pay out the butt for a proper customization dojo.

Personally. I'd like to see more Skins/Helmets. Maybe some special color pallete that have effects on them, like they're more shiny and chrome looking, or they have a faint glowing circuitry pattern, or camo or something. Anything cosmetic works.

Aside from the stuff that changes appearance, I'm perfectly fine with the shortcuts. You can buy the orikan reactors and the warframes, or you could spend a few days grinding for the blueprints for one of the warframes. I just did that recently for the Frost frame, and it felt good to get it without throwing down how much cash. As long as they are obtainable in game with enough effort, I don't see a problem with that. I just really hate seeing frames or weapons that you HAVE to drop real cash on to get.

Like skins I wouldn't care about, because it's just something saying, look I supported the game and got this awesome skin or helm.