Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Neurodes And The Rng

(PSN)cHeMicalLyRaNdom

Question

Okay, so I have been playing Warframe for a couple weeks now. And for the past week and a half I have been farming for neurodes and haven't seen a single one drop. The only ones I have came from the prologue when I first started playing.

Any ideas on where I can find these. I have been farming ODD and earth.

Edited by (PS4)cHeMicalLyRaNdom

24 answers to this question

Thank you for moving it. I wasnt sure where to put it, so I thought can't go wrong with general. Thanks.

No problem, this thread may help you determine where to post: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/318374-read-before-posting-threads-what-is-and-isnt-general-discussion/

I was going to suggest Infestations for neurodes, but I see you are on PS4 and our drop tables for resources are still a bit screwy.

Our next large patch (which should only be a few days away) will correct this problem and have them rain like candy again.

I'm not sure where to find them well enough now. Honestly, I have found none since our latest patch.

Earth is definitely not the place to farm neurodes, that's the mistake most people make. Orokin Derelict or Eris is where you want to go. Always someone running ODD or ODA in recruiting. 

Lephantis isn't that hard and uses the same standard mechanic of weakpoints. Rhino Stomp makes it stupidly easy since it will freeze him in place for whenever the weakpoint is showing. Either way, easier with friends.

Earth is definitely not the place to farm neurodes, that's the mistake most people make. Orokin Derelict or Eris is where you want to go. Always someone running ODD or ODA in recruiting. 

Lephantis isn't that hard and uses the same standard mechanic of weakpoints. Rhino Stomp makes it stupidly easy since it will freeze him in place for whenever the weakpoint is showing. Either way, easier with friends.

I usually get 1 every 3 missions I go on Earth. That is where I go for nuerodes. 

Regarding earth and Neurodes .. 

Get Master Thief and then watch for any Earth alert missions.

Do them as friends or invite only (so you don't join a 'rush' squad) then search every nook and cranny for chests and lockers.

Using scanners helps as they'll highlight the lockers and chests through walls so you know where to go and where to look.

Alert missions seem to have better drop rates.

Nightmare missions don't seem to have better drop rates, they're just way harder so I don't think doing them will get you better resources results.

Often you can find a neurode very early in on the mission in chests aswell.

eg. in an infested defence mission, don't just run to the defense mark and start the waves, run around the map and open up all the lockers first.

I've have scored lots of easy neurodes this way, leave at 5 minutes, enjoy neurodes .. rince repeat.

Also works on Jupiter.

eg. the mission where after you start you have to use these big orange jets to help you jump over a big chasm, in the rooms to the left and right I've found 4x neural sensors in the mission a couple times before I've even fired a shot. 

Trick to it is to watch the bottom of the screen whenever you're collecting things and you'll see them come up.

A quick way to make friends in the game is to say 'hey neurode / sensor / orokin cell here !!' so everyone in your team gets the goodies aswell :)

You might also try Viver, the Interception mission on Eris. It's still owned by Corpus, and for some reason those square-head fanatics seem to be less attached to their neurodes than the Infested.

Edited by Dualice

I've done every mission on earth and got nothing. I do them by self and take my time. I've done countless ODD and a couple ODA and nothing. I have not unlock Eris yet but this will be my next try. Hopefully in the next patch this is fixed so it will make crafting things so much easier. Because with me have drop rate boosters and a friend going as Nekros this is impossible for me.

No problem, this thread may help you determine where to post: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/318374-read-before-posting-threads-what-is-and-isnt-general-discussion/

I was going to suggest Infestations for neurodes, but I see you are on PS4 and our drop tables for resources are still a bit screwy.

Our next large patch (which should only be a few days away) will correct this problem and have them rain like candy again.

I'm not sure where to find them well enough now. Honestly, I have found none since our latest patch.

That is very good to hear. I will work on something else in the mean time. Thanks. :)

I get the bulk of mine as a side benefit of farming Kubrow eggs on Earth exterminates.  Open all containers and lockers.   This isn't the norm, but I got 4 in one mission yesterday.

You can actually find a few neurodes by going to the plain earth survival and scouting out the lockers with master thief. (Or was it DS earth survival? I dunno, but pretty sure you can find some there)

Either way, I usually farm for neurodes using master thief on Eris survival, and try to unlock as many lockers as possible

Neurodes are a pain to get. by far the best place to get them is from lephantis. you have 4 chances for one to drop from the boss. Just keep in mind that if you're going to fight lephantis, go for a low conclave build. it will lower his level, and make him easier to kill. i tend to run a valkyr with ONLY vitality, steel fiber, and rejuvenation on (rejuv is optiona, but the health regen is nice if you're soloing him, which is the best way to go when doing low conclave boss battles like this. unless you have a group of friends that are all doing the same thing), and I equip nothing else except my phage (yes, no sentinels, no secondaries, no melee weapon), which has hell's chamber, point blank, vicious spread, corrosive damage, and heat damage from the mod blaze, which increases overall damage as well. this is low enough conclave, and gives you some really good damage against lephantis (anywhere from 100-600 per tick), and he's really easy to take down with this.

That's the easiest way to get neurodes at the moment tbh