Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Have Fun In Warframe!

4MostlyHarmless2

Introductory Steps

Step 1: Craft Obex/ Kogake (Obex preferable)

Step 2: Craft Valkyr/ Volt (optional but produces more hilarious results) 

Step 3: Acquire Brutal Tide stance (not necessarily for what you think)

Step 4: Buy Codex Scanners (again, not for what you think)

Step 5: Apply this build to Obex/ Kogake: http://goo.gl/9aAWp1

Step 6: Equip all aforementioned items 

Step 7: Go to a Mission

Step 8: Equip Codex Scanner 

Step 9: Realize the joy of punching things to death at incredible speed and with no regard to safety or actual effectiveness of your decision. 

Before you wonder what I'm smoking or whether this should actually be in General Discussion, I'd like to take this opportunity to ask a question to all of you: When was the last time you did something like this? When was the last time you looked at your arsenal, and thought along the lines of "hm... what if I tried punching Captain Vor to death with a hilariously ridiculous barrage of fists? (I have done this, by the way, it's decidedly satisfying) When was the last time you looked at the game and thought of discovering some creative way to play it so that the game became less grindy and more fun?   

There was this thread I saw a while back that talked about modding weapons not for damage or efficiency, but for the sake of playing with them in a different way. Sadly, few people have been contributing to it, so it's currently dying a slow death, which saddens me because it has the potential to prove that there are so many different ways to play this game and make it enjoyable. Focusing on making your weapons stronger is a valid tactic for enjoyment, but in a game that still has no clearly defined endgame, you can only push it so far before you get tired of spam 4/point-click killing everything or being OHKO'd. 

tl;dr While you're still playing this amazing game for free, be creative. Becoming the strongest is not the only way to enjoy things: there are many other ways that have yet to be discovered. 

(oh dear I forgot my maxed Flame Repellent)

Edited by 4MostlyHarmless2

I may use all 4 abilities on all frames and whatever weapons I want for fun but weapon mods are pretty cut and dry.  Do you want more damage or less damage is what it basically boils down to.  Guns shoot, melee uses your equipped combos.  You can't really "play with weapons in a different way", only optimized or less than optimized way.

Playing a game... for fun? What madness is this!?

Everyone knows games are now a second job you have to pay for.

To OP; I'll bite. Gonna try this out quickly.  Then post my findings to the T.U.O.O.F.A.T.T.A.F.A.D.  

Report: It's alright, though I don't see the point of the codex scanner. I personally find it a lot more preferable break-dancing a breakneck speeds (See what I did there :D).

Edited by DecapitatingJim

You can't really "play with weapons in a different way", only optimized or less than optimized way.

Ah, but optimized for what, exactly? What is the "optimal" way of using a weapon? In real life, to kill things more effectively, perhaps. But what we play with isn't real life: this is a game, and sometimes I believe we can forget that a game is usually meant to entertain, not necessarily to be optimal. 

Although if maximizing optimization in a game is something that you enjoy then that's fine as well. Different players, different layers. Or something like that. 

Edit: To SolarDwagon: unfortunately I'm rather lacking in knowledge with capturing videos in-game, let alone where to upload them and how to put them here. Perhaps the guy who posted before you could upload one to showcase if we asked him politely. 

Playing a game... for fun? What madness is this!?

Madness? No.

This. Is WA...SPARTAA!!

Ps. I only play games for fun. I don't grind stuff in the same way as others. When I need to level something I go to a regular mission actually use it (Like Exterminate in Mars) instead of this Dark place called Sector Sechura etc.

pleaaaaaaaase

Report: It's alright, though I don't see the point of the codex scanner. I personally find it a lot more preferable break-dancing a breakneck speeds (See what I did there :D).

Breakneck Breakdancing is fun, admittedly. The reason I put the Codex Scanner in however is because 1.) The idea of having a Codex Scanner out and punching things to death is rather entertaining to me, 2.) The quick melee on the Obex and Kogake is pure punching and it seems to be surprisingly fast even while unmodded, (and it doesn't have that fancy backhand that the Fists Only quick melee has). 

(Also, the Scanner lets you see through walls so you can feel cool. And a bit more tactical knowing who you'll be punching to death next with your fists of fury) 

pleaaaaaaaase

Breakneck Breakdancing is fun, admittedly. The reason I put the Codex Scanner in however is because 1.) The idea of having a Codex Scanner out and punching things to death is rather entertaining to me, 2.) The quick melee on the Obex and Kogake is pure punching and it seems to be surprisingly fast even while unmodded, (and it doesn't have that fancy backhand that the Fists Only quick melee has). 

(Also, the Scanner lets you see through walls so you can feel cool. And a bit more tactical knowing who you'll be punching to death next with your fists of fury) 

Video is rending out now x3 Just gotta convert it down to a workable size and format, then upload it. 

It's more a personal preference. I just love the idea of this badass unknown space ninja break-dancing around an enemy ship. It's like a huge f*k you to the other factions.

I've made myself what I call "my bullet-hose loadout".
Grakata, Twin Vipers Wraits and a Dethcube with the Deth Machine Rifle, all modded for maximum ROF. Very funny, but also incredibly ammo consuming. Perhaps your "hurricane of fists" idea would suit this build nicely?

Video is rending out now x3 Just gotta convert it down to a workable size and format, then upload it. 

It's more a personal preference. I just love the idea of this badass unknown space ninja break-dancing around an enemy ship. It's like a huge f*k you to the other factions.

yaaaaay

The only thing better than an unknown space ninja break-dancing around an enemy ship... is four unknown space ninjas break-dancing around an enemy ship. 

@ BenzinNinJa: It would most definitely suit it. The idea is for speed with no regard for safety or efficiency: go all out, don't hold back, bullet hose the enemy to death and when you run out of bullets just punch them to death. Or Breakdance them to death. (And I'm sorry but now I'm totally going to steal your loadout and do fun stuff with it :D)  

yaaaaay

The only thing better than an unknown space ninja break-dancing around an enemy ship... is four unknown space ninjas break-dancing around an enemy ship. 

Now we just need to make a 4 player Mirage team, and then have 20 unknown space ninjas break-dancing around an enemy ship!

Step 3: Acquire Brutal Tide stance (not necessarily for what you think)

Any particular reason why you're not going with Grim Fury?

I haven't played with it yet, but the description speaks of "lightning fast hit chains", so it sounds like that'd improve the intended performance.

Any particular reason why you're not going with Grim Fury?

I haven't played with it yet, but the description speaks of "lightning fast hit chains", so it sounds like that'd improve the intended performance.

Brutal Tide is just a way to get more mod points without bothering to Forma or potato the weapon, which is why it's not necessarily for what you think. (Also, the lightning fast hit chains of Grim Fury aren't as fast as they claim to be) The point of the build was just to be creative and use what I had to make punching my enemies lightning-fast into oblivion a reality.

I just realized I missed out on more speed by being unable to fit in a Quickening mod. That'd only be a temporary boost, though.  

Brutal Tide is just a way to get more mod points without bothering to Forma or potato the weapon, which is why it's not necessarily for what you think. (Also, the lightning fast hit chains of Grim Fury aren't as fast as they claim to be) The point of the build was just to be creative and use what I had to make punching my enemies lightning-fast into oblivion a reality.

I just realized I missed out on more speed by being unable to fit in a Quickening mod. That'd only be a temporary boost, though.  

I see...

I liked your idea, because I like fun, so I've given it a try myself.

Now all I gotta do is rank up my Obex and then forma it.