Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Question To Tysis Users

yarash2110

By the time you would need a dedicated weapon to remove armor from super tough enemies, a team without Corrosive Projection will not be able to keep up with the enemy hordes anyway. You're stripping armor off this one heavy gunner over here, meanwhile your team spends their entire supply of ammo on three other heavy gunners over there.

It's just a sad reality of the game that "High Level Void" == "Corrosive Projection or GTFO".

By the time you would need a dedicated weapon to remove armor from super tough enemies, a team without Corrosive Projection will not be able to keep up with the enemy hordes anyway. You're stripping armor off this one heavy gunner over here, meanwhile your team spends their entire supply of ammo on three other heavy gunners over there.

It's just a sad reality of the game that "High Level Void" == "Corrosive Projection or GTFO".

They should be using Corrosive element on their Weapons anyways and not all of them need Corrosive Projection. Maybe two with CP, one with Energy syphon and other with Rejuvenation.

You'd rather go with Radiation if you're going into high voids, seeing that Tysis barely deals any damage and it's only useful for being able to proc 2 statuses at once. Also as guys above me said - CP or GTFO meta...

I'd rather have an army of lvl 160 Heavy Gunners by my side rather than strip their armor off and half their health. Just a personal prefference though.

They should be using Corrosive element on their Weapons anyways and not all of them need Corrosive Projection. Maybe two with CP, one with Energy syphon and other with Rejuvenation.

Statistically, no. That's just not the most effective option to enhance overall damage. 4x Corrosive Projection completely strips enemies of their armor, and makes the element of choice Viral (at 75% damage to fleshy enemies). Corrosive is great for the Void when you're not packing 4x CP, otherwise, it's just inferior. The only enemies you have the advantage over are Ancients, which aren't as threatening as Heavy Gunners with their armor still intact. I've found that Robotic enemies are the biggest struggle in high-end material, strangely enough.

Energy Siphon can be replaced by energy pads, while Rejuvination can be replaced by, well, not getting hit, a healer (Trin/Oberon), or Life Strike. Corrosive Projection, meanwhile, has no real replacements. Stripping the armor off of every enemy with Corrosive procs is just far too time-consuming to be worthwhile.

Tysis is still good for end-game tho, just not necessarily for its Corrosive procs. With a good fire rate, multishot mods, and a 100% proc chance, you can basically pick any element you want and go to town. The Corrosive procs get in the way, but it really doesn't matter because you'll still get at least two status procs per shot. The only dice roll is whether or not it's a Corrosive proc or the other element of your choosing.

-snip-

For status-based weapons, I agree that Radiation has some of the best utility. Viral is a close second, but being temporary makes it less effective, imo. The only reason I might not choose Radiation for a proc-based weapon is if I'm packing Nyx or Oberon, who can basically replace those procs.