Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Worry About Syndicates As A Completionist...

The thing about syndicates is how you have to work your way up to the top to get the best rewards... and i'm sure it's safe to say that sigils will also be incrementally added to the list every minor update or so.

Now the thing about syndicates is how your positive standing with one will negatively impact your standing with another.

As a completionist, i am already planning on first maxing my reputation level on all the syndicates with rewards i don't care about and collecting all their sigils before focusing on the ones which i do.

Due to the (awesome) nature of DE adding content to the game at intervals, i fear that i have to infinitely re-rank my reputation level of a syndicate which i don't really care about just to get a new sigil which has been introduced. and the grind process will be extremely tedious.

Can we please have a check point system? so once we attain a rank, we won;t be able to fall beyond that?

Thanks.

Edited by --Q--Ascended-Seraphim

Due to the (awesome) nature of DE adding content to the game at intervals, i fear that i have to infinitely re-rank my reputation level of a syndicate which i don't really care about just to get a new sigil which has been introduced. and the grind process will be extremely tedious.

infinity re-ranking  just for 1 new item does seem like DE

It seems the point of having multiple sub-factions for whom high reputation with one precludes high reputation with two others is to make it difficult/impossible to game all the factions. Yet, DE makes it possible to switch factions and even allows you to trade buyable rewards. DE seems like they're being pretty dang lenient as it is, to me. 

Edited by DrJia

From the way DE worded things and their general attitude towards syndicates, I'm assuming that they expect everyone to just trade away all the stuff they have duplicates of or don't want, so that everyone, regardless of native syndicate, has everything. That said, I FULLY expect them to sneak in week-long events for the syndicates where depending what syndicate you're part of, you'll get something different. And there'd be no time to improve your standings with the syndicate that has the thing you want the most. That would frustrate me, and all completionist players, beyond belief.

my concern is mainly for weapons, mods, and other bonuses.

if these items become syndicate exclusive i do not want to have to re-level factions endlessly every week or two because a new patch came out.

no matter how fun it may seem the first time, or two, it will eventually just become tedious and annoying. 

I'm hoping it won't be like that one span where EVERYTHING was Clan Tech and you had to keep locking players out...

...Honestly, I think they'll make updates to the favor shops for the Syndicates more spread out. If nothing else, we'll probably have a few 15.x-level (as in comparatively big changes) updates after we get our claws on the system before they start doing this.

Hell, it gives us something to grind FOR at least.

I share your feelings. I too am a completionist, so badly in fact that I am still frustrated that I can't complete the 'Death Orb' object codex entry.

So of course I'm going to feel empty inside if I do not have access to those other mods. Even if we did have access to them, I feel that we would have to go through a very long painstaking grindfest just to re-level factions and get them... And that's not really a solution in my opinion.

Trading seems to be some form of solution, but I really think DE needs a new trading UI first (I'm still all for some form of auction house). Trading as it is now is just too tedious, just like the recruiting channel.

I couldn't disagree with the sentiment of this thread more strongly.

I know it won't happen, but I would prefer if any rewards that you earned from a syndicate became inaccessible upon your falling out of favour with them.

I wouldn't consider myself a role-player, but the syndicate system does appeal to the part of me that connects with my tenno. It presents a series of ideologies and asks you to side with the one that resonates with you. The whole purpose of syndicates is to carve an identity for yourself, which entails making decisions that involve sacrifices.

In the event we could simply max one syndicate, and then move on to the next until all rewards are obtained, then everyone will be on equal ground at the end of the day, and that identity will be lost, because there is no individuality.

Not to mention, mindlessly flip-flopping between drastically different factions makes that part of me that connects with my tenno wretch in disgust. Most likely, this system will reward this behaviour, which spits in the face of the foundation it was built upon.

Syndicates represent making a choice. It sounds ridiculously obvious to state, but an important consequence of making a choice is differing outcomes. That means not having everything.

I couldn't disagree with the sentiment of this thread more strongly.

I know it won't happen, but I would prefer if any rewards that you earned from a syndicate became inaccessible upon your falling out of favour with them.

I wouldn't consider myself a role-player, but the syndicate system does appeal to the part of me that connects with my tenno. It presents a series of ideologies and asks you to side with the one that resonates with you. The whole purpose of syndicates is to carve an identity for yourself, which entails making decisions that involve sacrifices.

In the event we could simply max one syndicate, and then move on to the next until all rewards are obtained, then everyone will be on equal ground at the end of the day, and that identity will be lost, because there is no individuality.

Not to mention, mindlessly flip-flopping between drastically different factions makes that part of me that connects with my tenno wretch in disgust. Most likely, this system will reward this behaviour, which spits in the face of the foundation it was built upon.

Syndicates represent making a choice. It sounds ridiculously obvious to state, but an important consequence of making a choice is differing outcomes. That means not having everything.

Right.

And assuming if you're a hardcore supporter of the corpus, I'm sure you're never ever going to support the grineer If they're offering a catalyst BP in an invasion.

Nor would you consider farming for the brakk.

And vice versa.

You will fight for good loot. like it or not. And if the system locks you out of it. You will be disgruntled.

DE has never been about  player choice , lore , or  story -  De has always been about make the player grind for gear . The lore has been trickles as a framing  device only the grind is real 

Edited by Ravel7

Right.

And assuming if you're a hardcore supporter of the corpus, I'm sure you're never ever going to support the grineer If they're offering a catalyst BP in an invasion.

Nor would you consider farming for the brakk.

And vice versa.

You will fight for good loot. like it or not. And if the system locks you out of it. You will be disgruntled.

You're exactly correct. I did over 100 invasions for Corpus during the Gravidus Dilemma knowing fully that we were going to lose because I'm a supporter of Corpus. I *did* support Grineer afterwards to farm Detron, but it made my skin crawl. Besides that, I've never sided with Grineer for loot. I fully wish to be locked out, and I will not be disgruntled.

DE has never been about  player choice , lore , or  story -  De has always been about make the player grind for gear . The lore has been trickles as a framing  device only the grind is real 

You're right, besides Gravidus we've never had a choice to make. IMHO, that's what syndicates were supposed to be. It'd break my heart to see it turned into another grind machine.

You're exactly correct. I did over 100 invasions for Corpus during the Gravidus Dilemma knowing fully that we were going to lose because I'm a supporter of Corpus. I *did* support Grineer afterwards to farm Detron, but it made my skin crawl. Besides that, I've never sided with Grineer for loot. I fully wish to be locked out, and I will not be disgruntled.

You're right, besides Gravidus we've never had a choice to make. IMHO, that's what syndicates were supposed to be. It'd break my heart to see it turned into another grind machine.

Then it's merely just simple choice on your part to just choose NOT to do the quests for those who you do not support.

Do not request the government to ban the import of garlic just because you personally don't like it.

Then it's merely just simple choice on your part to just choose NOT to do the quests for those who you do not support.

Do not request the government to ban the import of garlic just because you personally don't like it.

I believe that the growth of this game would be much more interesting if one player had access to X and another had access to Y.

Not even just from a gameplay standpoint, but just from a social one. You're already seeing threads announcing allegiances to "red veil" or whatever. What value is that pledge if you've also dipped your wick in every other faction and gotten their rewards?

As I said, it would contribute to establishing an identity in-game, and you could feel like you're carving your own story. Syndicates is a real chance to add immersion, and I really can't help but feel that it's going to be lost if it rewards this completionist behaviour.

Also, I fully understand that I'm voicing my opinion of what I'd like syndicates to be. I don't see what the problem is with that, or maybe I'm missing the point of this "garlic" line.

Edited by AM-Bunny

I do not agree with OP on this. How would you feel invested in a syndicate if there are not consequences? While you may want to have everything that is certainly not a lore-wise approach.

I totally support the way they want to implement the system. We will finally have bit of lore that can mean something and isn't just an event of the week that does not seem to really have lasting impacts in the world. At least now we will have something concrete that can be further build/improve upon.

Beside, you want everything then trade for it. They said in the devstream that the rewards will be trade-able and usable regardless of your reputation with the syndicates. So for you it's just a matter of acquiring the item.

Even as a completionist myself (already have all weapons and warframes except the Vandals and Primes I was too late into getting), I'm going to have to agree with AM-Bunny here: Syndicates are a great way to add some actual choice into the story that you can't simply "game" to get everything, and that choosing an allegiance to a single faction (or two) makes the lore more tangible.

Edited by LGear

it basically forces each player to choose a side, Grineer or Corpus, and that doesn't sit well with alot of older players.

personally i'm not into it, my Tenno dislikes each faction, that's how i've chosen to play, but now i'll miss out on some cool gear because of it.

it basically forces each player to choose a side, Grineer or Corpus, and that doesn't sit well with alot of older players.

personally i'm not into it, my Tenno dislikes each faction, that's how i've chosen to play, but now i'll miss out on some cool gear because of it.

Totally agreed.

I see my tenno as a battle hardened god of war whom the factions will fight over to have me favour them. Not the other way around.

In short, I want access to all content and gear please.

Perhaps let mastery rank dictate the 'rate of reputation loss' from factions. And that you won't fall below a certain reputation rank you've achieved for each faction at each milestone.

It'll make sense that they wouldnt want to incur the wrath of an experienced tenno.

Our reputation stays out of their fear of us, if not out of respect for our powers.

That way the lore might sit slightly better with those who insist on it. And we completionists can collect our gear.

Edited by --Q--Ascended-Seraphim

The syndicates are specifically NOT aligned to Grineer or Corpus, even if a couple of them do come from said factions.

Also, you can be friendly with at least two syndicates at once, and all the rewards (weapon mods, warframe augments, etc) are said to be tradeable, so you can just ask someone who's into a syndicate you're not in favor with to trade with you.

Are the abiity augments tradable? I understood that mods were, but I wasn't sure about the augments.

The "augments" are mods, so they are tradeable. They just use the term to signify mods that can only be used by a specific Warframe or Weapon.

Edited by LGear