Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Should My Secondary Be?

Draconzis

Question

I do not want a weapon that eats up bullets, so automatic weapons are out.

Burst fire weapons &!$$ me off for some reason, so those are out too.

So I am wanting a secondary that puts out nice damage and will last in a long fight w/o ammo pickups. I like weapons with good damage per shot over ones with good DPS. I do not know which one to do. I already have the Seer and Akmagnus, but I am not sure which one to pick, or to just find another weapon. I am wanting something I can get without too much farming, so prime secondaries are out as well.

EDIT: I do have both Brakk and the Detron, but I do not like them because of how they are like shotguns.

Edited by Draconzis

For mid-range weapons, I'd recommend the Marelok. It hits like a truck, but the accuracy is really bad over long ranges so you can't exactly pick off across-the-map headshots with it.

For short-range, I'd go for the Brakk or Detron if you have either of them. Beastly, they are.

Doubt you have a brakk and detron. If you did, you'd definitely know what secondary weapon you want even if it's not those.

That makes zero sense.

"Doubt you've ever used a Lato and Aklato. If you did, you'd definitely know what secondary weapon you want even if it's not those."

"Doubt you've ever used a Braton or Paris. If you did, you'd definitely know what primary weapon you want even if it's not those."

"Doubt you've ever had a full loadout before. If you did, you'd definitely know what loadout you want even if it's not that one."

Having experience with one or two items does not magically make one knowledgeable of every other item in that equip slot.

Edited by SortaRandom

Why anyone can't tell this guy the most OP weapon in game?

But Personally , Marelok and Brakk are OP.

Marelok required mastery 5.

Brakk is really great but it's burst fired.

If you're only mastery 2, there's no OP weapon for you..

Maybe Aklex?

forum rank =/= mastery rank

I'd choose Akmagnus over Seer any day. But if you really want a hard-hitting, ammo efficient secondary I recommend getting a Marelok or Lex Prime.

Marelok has high base and status and doesn't require much grind. Lex Prime is similar but more crit-based. Akbolto is actually really good, but be prepared to mash your left click. 

Just because the OP does not like Brakk and Detron does not mean that they are not the best choices.  To be fair, Marelok is probably better than Detron and just behind Brakk.  These three weapons are the strongest secondary weapons in the game currently.  While there may be other secondary weapons that offer comparable DPS, they either have ammo efficiency problems or require macros to optimize DPS output.  These other contenders include Dex Furis, Wraith Twin Vipers, Akbolto, Akvasto & Akmagnus.  Lex Prime is a pocket sniper but unless you are engaging at medium to long range exclusively, Marelok will outperform it.  A future release of Aklex Prime has promise so long as DE does turn it into the next Akbronco Prime.  That's pretty much it.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

That makes zero sense.

"Doubt you've ever used a Lato and Aklato. If you did, you'd definitely know what secondary weapon you want even if it's not those."

"Doubt you've ever used a Braton or Paris. If you did, you'd definitely know what primary weapon you want even if it's not those."

"Doubt you've ever had a full loadout before. If you did, you'd definitely know what loadout you want even if it's not that one."

Having experience with one or two items does not magically make one knowledgeable of every other item in that equip slot.

Makes perfect sense. Have you built one of those? How many weapons/ranks have you gone through to even get to them? How many invasions did you do to get them? How many G3/Hunters did you get for each piece to drop? How many enemies have you killed with those weapons? I guess I can see how an ignorant person could not see past obvious things like "oh, they are just weapons". These are the hardest weapons to get in the game and it's highly unlikely that a person who doesn't know what secondary to use (reeks of inexperience) would just get them even through riding on other people's marks.

Makes perfect sense. Have you built one of those? How many weapons/ranks have you gone through to even get to them? How many invasions did you do to get them? How many G3/Hunters did you get for each piece to drop? How many enemies have you killed with those weapons? I guess I can see how an ignorant person could not see past obvious things like "oh, they are just weapons". These are the hardest weapons to get in the game and it's highly unlikely that a person who doesn't know what secondary to use (reeks of inexperience) would just get them even through riding on other people's marks.

Considering that very little time was spent leveling new weapons during the Gradivus Dilemma and that G3/Harvester drops are 100% RNG rather than a test of dedication or skill, having either of those weapons in possession is a very, very poor indication of a person's experience with every other secondary in the game. There is literally no evidence to support this assumption other than "Well, I know for sure that this person spent at least several hours playing the game".

Considering that very little time was spent leveling new weapons during the Gradivus Dilemma and that G3/Harvester drops are 100% RNG rather than a test of dedication or skill, having either of those weapons in possession is a very, very poor indication of a person's experience with every other secondary in the game. There is literally no evidence to support this assumption other than "Well, I know for sure that this person spent at least several hours playing the game".

Wrong. 100% RNG?

Come on dude, just admit you couldn't connect the dots.