Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snipetron 2.0 (How To Bring It Back Without Breaking The Lore)

Voidflow

This thread is more about standard version of Snipetron.
Snipetron comeback/reveal out of vault could be done as reward of The Perrin Sequence syndicate, rare drop or Market.

Possible solutions:

A.) Changing description of Snipetron to energy weapon via different description:

"The Snipetron is a fast auto charging sniper rifle, which accelerates light projectiles to very high velocity through magnetic induction"

Advantage with this solution is that no changes to Snipetron or Lanka required. Since Snipetron can be standard Corpus sniper rifle, while Lanka in energy lab modified version of Snipetron (longer manual charge, heavy projectiles with less velocity, silent more punch through).

Fast auto charge = fast automatic charge mechanic, which as fast as Snipetron fire rate 1.5 r/sec = > Equal to current Snipetron, that means game wise no change required!
Hit scan = light weight projectiles which are accelerated through magnetic induction > less punch through, less initial damage and more noise compared to Lanka!

B.) Changing description of Snipetron to energy weapon via different description:

"Snipetron sniper rifle fires light weight high velocity bullets with additional acceleration through magnetic induction"

... therefore barrel design of Snipetron model. Advantage with this solution is same as in solution B.)

> First attempt of Corpus to build "energy based" (= energy assisted) sniper rifle.     

C.) Similar background as in case of Braton carbine!? Snipetron as standard bullet type sniper rifle.

Here new Model for Snipetron or Lanka would be required. This may lead to community complains, because of already existing Shock camo for Lanka/Snipetron in the shop. Furthermore the decision of players to build and forma a weapon is also affected by weapon look.
------------------------------------------------
I personally prefer solution A and B, which doesn't require new model (Lanka or Snipetron) only updated description and buffed stats for Snipetron.

> Lore issue fixed/addapted.
> No new modeling required.
> No complains any more from community.
> Alternative, nice Corpus sniper rifle with hit scan (easy to use).
> Viability in PvP.

For those who scream for new model of Lanka, think of people who bought shock camo for it, formaed it due to unavailability of Snipetron model etc.
And don't forget there is still place for one more Corpus sniper: MoAs Railgun with hit scan new fancy model etc.

Re-issue the Snipetron Vandal while you're at it.  It's not a Founder's Pack item therefore it's not exclusive-exclusive, and people who have it have had it long enough to comfortably satisfy the condition of being a timed-exclusive.   See also: Strun Wraith.

Edited by Momaw

Re-issue the Snipetron Vandal while you're at it.  It's not a Founder's Pack item therefore it's not exclusive-exclusive, and people who have it have had it long enough to comfortably satisfy the condition of being a timed-exclusive.   See also: Strun Wraith.

Snipetron Vandal is still a exclusive therefore shouldn't be released to those who didn't do the event 

Snipetron Vandal is still a exclusive therefore shouldn't be released to those who didn't do the event 

Brakk and Detron were exclusive to events as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't DE state that the only weapons never to return were the Founders Pack items, Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal?

Letter13 has a thread on this exact topic somewhere.

This?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/186696-suggested-plan-for-reintroducing-retired-andor-event-weapons-wip/

Brakk and Detron were exclusive to events as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't DE state that the only weapons never to return were the Founders Pack items, Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal?

correct

Edited by Aeon66

How about reintroducing Snipertron as prototype, Corpus-build Gauss Rifle with changed model? Probably this suggestion was made before, and also was rejected for some reason, but I think that's a good way to bring back this weapon. Why?

Gauss Rifle is (in my understanding at least) a hitscan and loud gun, unlike Lanka. Shoots bullets like original Snipertron, but not in regular way, it instead uses electricity (electromagnets to be precise) to accelerate and release the projectile at the target. Would make sense as very old weapon that is a technological stepping stone between bullet firing Bratons and all the energy weapons used by Corpus today.

Or how about we give it a different model, change the stats... and call it something else.

I'd certainly prefer that idea.

I recently noticed that the existance of the Snipetron Vandal means that it's actualy the Lanka who would make more sense to get a new model than the Snipetron.

If they make a new model of the Snipetron they would also need to make a new skin for the Vandal variant. Since the current skin is designed to fit on the current Lanka/Snipetron model.

While creating new (symbol) skins takes relative less effort than a full new model, it would still mean that DE would have to do extra effort just to bring back the Snipetron with a new model.

Of course on the other hand they could simply then release a Lanka Vandal using the Snipetron Vandal skin, but that would still mean having to create a new model AND new Vandal skin just to bring a weapon back.

Perhaps because of it's seniority over the Lanka, it's the Lanka which should get a new model. Maybe one that has a cooler effect while charging up, like 6 hexagon shaped coils around the barrel which light up one after another while charging.

How about reintroducing Snipertron as prototype, Corpus-build Gauss Rifle with changed model? (...)

Actualy since the Grineer Spy Drone event which gave players a last change to get a Snipetron (plus the Vandal variant), i always thought the Snipetrons are Corpus Lankas, stolen and modified by the Grineer to fire bullets and then stolen again by the Tenno.

At least as explanation for it's rare status.

Edited by Othergrunty

Nice, I missed this one due to my inactivity for some month.

I recently noticed that the existance of the Snipetron Vandal means that it's actualy the Lanka who would make more sense to get a new model than the Snipetron.

If they make a new model of the Snipetron they would also need to make a new skin for the Vandal variant. Since the current skin is designed to fit on the current Lanka/Snipetron model.

While creating new (symbol) skins takes relative less effort than a full new model, it would still mean that DE would have to do extra effort just to bring back the Snipetron with a new model.

Of course on the other hand they could simply then release a Lanka Vandal using the Snipetron Vandal skin, but that would still mean having to create a new model AND new Vandal skin just to bring a weapon back.

Perhaps because of it's seniority over the Lanka, it's the Lanka which should get a new model. Maybe one that has a cooler effect while charging up, like 6 hexagon shaped coils around the barrel which light up one after another while charging.

Actualy since the Grineer Spy Drone event which gave players a last change to get a Snipetron (plus the Vandal variant), i always thought the Snipetrons are Corpus Lankas, stolen and modified by the Grineer to fire bullets and then stolen again by the Tenno.

At least as explanation for it's rare status.

It is not that easy, since Shock camo skin for Lanka/Snipetron is on sale.

I bought shock camo, formaed my Lanka 6 times and according to my account data its my most used primary weapon so far. I see no reason to use it anymore if DE would change this nice corpus model to something unnecessarily fancy with charging light show, huge rails etc.  I love Lanka as it is. It would kill the whole joy in playing. I'm sure there are some people who are also addicted to Lanka, as some to Snipetron V.

There are probably more people out there who have Lanka and missed the opportunity to get Snipetron.

Difficult.

So the question is how many people are out there, who own Snipetron and vandalized version of it (compared to Lanka owners). 

Edited by Voidflow

Fine. Event-exclusive weapons?  Re-issue the event.  Call it an instructional historical simulation that the Lotus put on for Tenno that are freshly thawed to bring them up to speed on current events. DE already said in the devstream that they are looking at reusing old event material. Pointless objection.resolved! :D

I'm pretty sure rebecca said somewhere that old vandal weapons will never come back again.

Edit: nvm , just read this https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/186696-suggested-plan-for-reintroducing-retired-andor-event-weapons-wip/

Even the braton vandal and lato vandal aren't really fair. Why do closed beta players get things that we can't? I wasn't invited. I didn't even know about the game then. Is DE really saying that everybody who played during that time is more worthy of getting special things than thousand-hour veterans who put in our time AFTER that point, and that it is impossible to be a contributing member of the community or earn special items without being in closed beta? Why am I being punished, now, for Warframe's obscurity early in its development? (Alternatively: Why am I being punished for not owning a time machine).

The only things that really and truly should be exclusive-exclusive are the founder's pack items because they were advertised and sold as such.