Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Many Musicians Do We Have Around Here?

DJ_Vauban

-Raises Hand-

I tend to make mine alone. Primarily they fall into multiple categories, such as Orchestral or Hans-Zimmer-al.

Okay, I think before we even start planning and stuff, we should maybe...see how many people want to participate and what their style is and that kind of stuff owo

Well as I said before I can supply the bass lines as long as it's not something Flea created. (Flea being the Red Hot Chili Peppers' bassist, literally the God of slapping).

And unfortunatley I don't have any drum set so I can only do bass.

Yeah, sadly, I don't have any instruments at home. Could always bring some from the rehearse-room. But it will require planning and so forth.

Takes around one hour for me to just get there, and then one hour to get home. Also, it depends on the style ofc.

I see myself, pretty open minded, but there are some styles I just refuse to touch :p

If any of you has a song that you think would be nice to work with, feel free to post it owo Or if you are good at writing your own songs, post that too so maybe we can all add our own part to it.

-hasn't really thought this through yet, hopes for someone with more experience in organizing this kind of stuff-

Edited by DJ_Vauban

A nice idea might also be to compose a complete new song with everyone adding their own part to it owo but I don't know if everyone can pull that off <w> So for example the guys playing drums "compose" their part while the violin and everything else their is compose their part and in the end, we have a complete new song

Edited by DJ_Vauban

A nice idea might also be to compose a complete new song with everyone adding their own part to it owo but I don't know if everyone can pull that off <w> So for example the guys playing drums "compose" their part while the violin and everything else their is compose their part and in the end, we have a complete new song

As long as you tell us in what key and scale you're playing, we should be fine.

Uh...I may make music but that doesn't mean I know exactly what you are talking about ^^; halp?

You should normally be familiar with the different "notes" such as A,A#,B,C,C#,D,D#,E,F,F#. (Also known as the chromatic scale). 

A scale is uhm..How to put it simply.. A collection of notes, which sound "good" together. A set of notes usually displayed in ascending order but they don't always have the same notes. It all depends on the first note of the scale, which is the "key". Like a Dorian scale. You can have a Dorian scale on A, like you can have one starting on C, and so forth.

Wikipedia would probably explain it a lot better than me. It would be far easier for me to explain it to you if you were right beside me with a guitar in hand.

Bleh, I kinda forgot this thread existed >w<;

So either, we could choose one song and everyone changes a certain part of the song to be more the style they use, the chorus would be best i think...maybe (is terrible at describing stuff like that)

For those who haven't seen it yet

that's kind of what I mean by that. The basic melody remains while different styles of music, or whole different songs are added to it in this example.

The other would be composing a complete new song, percussion, lead, chorus etc etc

OR we could decide on one song and do it this way

but then again, those who make music with their pc like I do might feel a little awkward cause we don't really play an instrument, I know I would feel weird, knowing everyone puts so much effort into playing while I just sit there and let my PC do the work for me.

That first video you posted was weird as hell man.

What I meant by collab was exactly the second video you posted, however fitting you in it would be hard. Unless we just put a video of your computer playing the midi sequence by itself lol.

Also dat key-tar in the band cover. Wtf. I thought all of those died in a fire back in the 90's

Lol, well it was weird because...uh, if you watched youtube poops you would be used to it ^^;

I think before we even decide on what way we do it, we will have to know who will participate and what instruments they play, doesn't make much sense if we decide on a song that uses classical instruments when we only have people playing an electric guitar or something lol