Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Fanfiction] Faith

Kalenath

DON'T YOU DARE!!! I WILL SIC NIKIS HORATIUS AND BROTHER ABRAHAIM ON YOU IF YOU DO!!!!

my good sir, you have no control over those three individuals... the best outcome for you is that you somehow get Kal to mess with their agendas to which before Kal dies, he will tell them who caused this ie. you to which you will probably die a very slow painful death... assuming they don't opt for torturing you for eternity... which Nikis and to an extent Horatius would be well versed in... Brother Abrahaim would likely opt to just obliterate you but I am sure the other two can convince him how torturing you for an eternity would be a better alternative.

oh and if some of you remember, I sent one of my assistants to the Board. They decided to vac him and I am now on the run. Sigh, those fools have no idea what is to come do they? :(

my good sir, you have no control over those three individuals...

dont need control over em just gotta tell em kal is threatening their loved ones...  or in Brother Abrahaims case the emperor. they  would have his hide within a week

Edited by evafan002

dont need control over em just gotta tell em kal is threatening their loved ones...  or in Brother Abrahaims case the emperor. they  would have his hide within a week

It wouldn't take that long.

oh and if some of you remember, I sent one of my assistants to the Board. They decided to vac him and I am now on the run. Sigh, those fools have no idea what is to come do they? :(

I did warn you.    Asking the Board to cover damages from Horatius is like asking for insurance against this guy.  Which is to say, an exercise in futility.

Wait wait...we're NOT worried about the crazed hyper-augmented zealot with an automatic armor-piercing mini-RPG launcher, chainsaw sword, and the skill to take down whole platoons of Grineer?

I think I'll just go ask Sun to lock me up in one of his interrogation chambers now...maybe with Nikis for company.

Also, condolences about your computer, Kal.  Hope you'll be back with us soon.

Edited by Temperance000

Wait wait...we're NOT worried about the crazed hyper-augmented zealot with an automatic armor-piercing mini-RPG launcher, chainsaw sword, and the skill to take down whole platoons of Grineer?

I think I'll just go ask Sun to lock me up in one of his interrogation chambers now...maybe with Nikis for company.

Also, condolences about your computer, Kal.  Hope you'll be back with us soon.

No, we're ( I ) worried about his boss who most likely doesn't know he is just based on a game, and not, in fact, an emperor.

This same person who can alter minds, change bodies to suit his needs, and lives in a pocket of the void that only Abe can find or get to.

No, we're ( I ) worried about his boss who most likely doesn't know he is just based on a game, and not, in fact, an emperor.

This same person who can alter minds, change bodies to suit his needs, and lives in a pocket of the void that only Abe can find or get to.

BINGO!

And...

We have a DEEPLY conflicted Corpus Special Forces operative who is seeking a new way. Something to believe in. A 'Faith'.

Abrahaim may not want to change her. But if he is ordered to? He will.

May be a few days to get my comp back and start writing again. At least I HOPE it is only a few days...

GL with your PC Kal. Personally I write a lot on my phone since i got a new one. Works well in combination with a cloud service to quickly exchange versions with PC. Maybe something you could use to atleast vent all those story ideas.

Though personaly i'd always use my PC for a final read through and spelling check.

Either way i patiently await your latest literary masterpiece. *goes into seiza*

Aw now what i'm going to do with my free time? I just finished watching Batman too and i have no idea what to do with my free time now.

Pester us for long enough, Shadow, and I'm sure we'll come up with something.

BINGO!

And...

We have a DEEPLY conflicted Corpus Special Forces operative who is seeking a new way. Something to believe in. A 'Faith'.

Abrahaim may not want to change her. But if he is ordered to? He will.

May be a few days to get my comp back and start writing again. At least I HOPE it is only a few days...

Oh.  Well then.  *starts thinking about how to blow up an Orokin Tower*

And with regards to your comp...well, I could tell you about one of the guys from the RP forums, who took months to get his PC back, but I prefer to just sit back and hope for the best.

No offense intended, if any was given.  I meant to say that the Cult of Kalenath we will be more than happy to help our brother fellow forum member find something to do in his spare time.

We're all Brothers and Sisters of this...uhh... forum. Yeah.

The uh, Koolaid, is over here. If you were wondering... Yeah.

I have to say that my paranoia is starting to be a serious problem for me, for example whenever i see my friends having a conversation and i can't hear what they are talking about, i find myself thinking that they are talking S#&$ about me.

Also i don't like to tell things about myself for the reason described above, and this has led to a situation where even some friends that i've known for nearly 5 years don't know anything about me.

Sorry for the delay. Computer in the shop, lots of angst. Snow. The usual.

Fast Attack

The Grineer had the largest military force in the Solar System. Considering that they were all clones, that made sense. They could be replaced far easier than humans who took time to grow and learn. Tenno were functionally immortal in many ways, but they were always outnumbered. They made up for it, mind you. Any Tenno was a match for a couple of hundred Grineer. Even just out of cryo, any Tenno was  a handful, as many Grineer strike teams had found out. But the Grineer had a never ending supply of troops. The Tenno numbers were finite and it was possible to kill one. It was insanely hard, but possible.

Of course, when said Tenno was already hurt and nearly out of power... it got easier.

She was trapped. That did not bother her. The Grineer had adapted. That did not bother her either. Very little bothered her now. She was... It was...

The Grineer had massed again and she raised her weapon despite the hole in her left arm. She was not going to surrender. Tenno did not. Not that Grineer would accept such. For them, the only good Tenno was a dead and preferably dismembered and incinerated one. There was no room for the concept of 'mercy' in Grineer. Tenno as well had been trained from early memory -most of them anyway- to be living weapons. Some had come into it late, but embraced the life.

Tiana summoned the last vestiges of her power and cast Prism again. The glowing ball soared over the battlefield. She had no idea why some of her clan had called it a 'disco ball' and really didn't care much. All that she cared about was that the Grineer in front of her screamed and fell as many beams of coherent light tore through them. Once that would have bothered her a little. She had been Grineer once. It felt like ages instead of just a few short years, but she had learned so much. She had been given so much. A home, a place, a family who had worked hard to help her, to cure her genetic deterioration. They had failed in the end, but through no fault of their own.

It had been as much desperation as the culmination of her studies when she had been presented with a warframe. Assuming the burden of a full Tenno had hurt, but change was always traumatic. She had grown, surrounded by friends and an actual family. She had thought she knew what family was, but she hadn't. She had learned. She had learned, so much. The Grineer would kill her, overrun her and tear her warframe apart. But that would not be the end.

She had been a bit dismayed when she had learned the history of the warframe she wore. The only copy had been recovered and the plans disseminated through the ranks of the Tenno along with the memories it had contained. The memories of what had befallen the Tenno who had worn it during the war with the Sentients. Even now, she was fuzzy on what a 'Sentient' actually was. Had been. Whatever. But the feelings she had felt... Her doomed sister's last moments... It had hurt. Worse than any beating. Worse than any punishment, Grineer or Tenno. Worse than any torture. It had hurt Tiana in ways she had never understood. She had broken down and cried for the first time in her life even as all of her newfound kin and closed ranks around her.

She sent another Ogris round at the massing Grineer and several of them flew away in pieces.

Lotus? Tiana asked, still a bit hesitant. She wasn't at ease dealing with the Lotus and now? She wouldn't get the chance.

I am here, Tenno Tiana. The Lotus' voice was sad. Help is coming.

You and I both know it won't be in time. Tiana said quietly as she ducked back into cover, bullets flying all around her. The mission is accomplished. She hadn't just destroyed the reactor on the Grineer ship, she had smashed it into flinders. Then again, she had a bit of a gripe against the Grineer. Just a little one.

You do not know that. The Lotus said softly.

I regret nothing. Tiana said as she rose up and fired again, another group of Grineer flying away in pieces. But there were so many of them and she was out of power. One stupid door scanner had messed up her whole mission. She had killed it. She knew she had killed it. But it had shorted out her systems anyway. Then a whole corridor lined with arc traps. She had detested the filthy things when she had been a Grineer. Now? She hated them with a passion. I have been on short time since Karl found me and took me in. I... never expected to find a family. This will hurt them, Lotus.

I know. The Lotus said sadly. The kindness in the tone was just too much as a feral growling sounded. Tiana rose again, but something struck her and she drew her pistol as her rocket launcher went flying. A Drahk Master! He had disarmed her!

I am afraid. Tiana managed to say as Drahk charged her. The first two fell, but then the others were on her. She fought. It was what she knew, what she was. Even when she could not win, she would not stop fighting.

Fear not, Tenno. The Lotus comforted her. I am with you. We will welcome you.

Tell... Karl... Then she could not even speak mental, just scream as a Drahk knocked her down and several sets of teeth bit down hard. She struggled and two went flying, but others latched on as more Grineer closed in.

I will.

"Die!"

The scream sounded as a huge red form with the two large rockets attached to its backpack landed with a smash in the midst of the mass of monsters who had just finished their grisly work. Grineer thought they knew what rage was. They didn't. But they learned. Between the crackling claw and the huge pistol, the battle was over in moments. But as the red armored from turned to the one he had come to help, he knew he had been too late.

"Rest well, warrior." Brother Abrahaim bowed his head for a moment. "Perhaps..." He shook his head. What was left of the warframe was not worth mentioning. "I give apology. I was delayed."

Not your fault. The Blood Angel froze as a golden rimed transparent form appeared nearby. The female humanoid looked... sad. In war there are casualties. I chose my path, brother Abrahaim. I did my duty.

"That is all any can hope to do." The Space Marine said quietly. One of the Grineer moved. Maybe to try and crawl away -doubtful with his guts hanging out as they were- maybe just dying slower and Abrahaim put a bolt pistol round through his head.  "Fare thee well, Tenno." The spirit bowed to the Space Marine and vanished. Abrahaim knelt quickly and a long tube slid from his armored hand into the remains of the Tenno. Golden energy pulsed.

No! Her scream came from nowhere. What are you doing? Let me go!

"You are needed." Abrahaim replied as he rose and took to the air again.

You don't know what you are doing! The other snapped at him.

"Yes I do. Rest now, sister." The red armored form said and the other voice cut off. "Transit!" He commanded as he cut the jump pack. The golden energy that enveloped him felt... angry.

"What?" Karl was not one to snap at his clan's medics, but this...

It had been a bad day. Warrior Tenno did not die in bed, everyone knew this. But this... The team that had come to rescue Tiana had been too late.

"She is not in the remnants of the warframe." Alicia said as she stepped away from the pitiful pieces of what had been a Mirage warframe. "And she is not in the database. Karl... We lost her."

"I don't believe that." Karl said with a snarl. "That door was rigged. Ric found evidence that someone rigged a separate disabling pulse. A trap. Someone set a trap for Tiana. Or for some Tenno."

"Any of us could have fallen for such a trap, Karl." Alicia said quietly. "Tiana wasn't stupid. But..."

"I know." The clan leader said with a sigh. "She wasn't experienced and her totally justified hatred of Grineer blinded her at times. But she knew Grineer tech, so... someone trapped her. And if she isn't in the warframe or the database then someone else has her. But who?"

"And why?" Alicia asked, her tone worried. "A Tenno's mind is our most dangerous weapon. Nothing else comes close. Tiana was no Grand Master, but she was good. Who could take her and why?" Both paused as an Excalibur Prime entered the tiny morgue that served Karl's clan. It was rarely used. "Will?" She asked when her mate did not speak.

"I scoured the whole area. I do not know why." Will said quietly. "But I know who." He held up a small cylindrical object. Both the Rhino and the Trinity inhaled in shock as they saw the small shell casing.

It had a winged skull on it. Abrahaim's weapons used such casings.

"Why would he take Tiana?" Alicia asked, shocked. "He is a defender of man, no?"

"I don't know." Will sounded worried now. "Sensei..."

"We need more information." Karl agreed. "But if he did take our sister... we are going to get her back."

A hungry growl matched his tone from both the Trinity and the Excalibur Prime.

Tiana was floating. She was... It was calm. She was calm. Everything was hazy, golden. She felt... wrong. This was wrong. She knew it was. But she was calm. Everything was calm. She could feel things happening to her. But whatever was happening could not pierce whatever was holding her. Holding her mind away from whatever was happening.

"How do you feel?" The voice was nowhere and everywhere. It was neither male nor female, but had aspects of both. Tiana did not respond and the voice sighed. "We are not enemies, child."

"Took..." Tiana managed to grate out past whatever was holding her.

"Yes." The voice sounded sad now. "Your body was dead. Your patterns were degrading and you had no access to the database. You would have been lost."

"Prisoner..." Tiana grunted.

"Ah... No and yes." The voice replied. "We did not want to hold you. But you are fighting. It is what you do. What your kind are for. We have prepared you a new body. A human one. You wanted to not be Grineer, yes?" Tiana tried to stiffen, but whatever was holding her was pervasive. "Now, now..." The voice clucked. "Don't struggle. Almost done, girl." Tiana did not fight as power washed over her. Instead she curled her mind up into a ball. A protective... "Okay..." The voice said sadly. "Your way then. This is going to hurt."

Tiana spat in her mind, but then she screamed as power washed over her. Not a soothing current, a torrent. It seeped into every part of her, prying, delving. She focused herself, hiding her deepest secrets, but whatever was digging into her mind was too pervasive and too strong. Before she realized, she was sobbing as the power withdrew. But then it came back and she tried to scream as it focused on her, deep, deep within her mind. But she had no defense against the power that surged through her.

Then it stopped.

" Interesting. So... Avalon survived... And this... Eliza is Empress..." The voice mused. Tiana whimpered but the voice was kind now. "Easy child. It is all right." All Tiana could do was weep and the voice sighed. "You may be new to the Tenno, but you did them proud, child. Rest now. When you wake, you will assume your place as a defender of Man."

No... Tiana begged as soothing golden energy carried her into darkness. She could feel bits of her fading, other parts coming in... She was... it was... she could hear music. It was beautiful, but nothing she knew. Please...

"Rest now. You will serve, Daughter of the Emperor."

The black haired female human lay still as golden energy worked over her body. The silent form to one side did not speak. He did not have to. The disdain he was feeling came through quite clear in his body language.

-We made her a new body and are finishing the mind alterations now.- The voice of the artificial intelligence said quietly. -You will need support.-

"You are cleansing her mind." The Space Marine said with a snarl. "She did not deserve that."

-Not cleansing.- The machine intelligence corrected him calmly. -Altering. She will remember being a Seraphim Battle Sister of the Order of the Martyred Lady. No more.-

"I brought her here for you to help." The Space Marine said firmly. "You have harmed her. This... is dishonorable."

-We are helping her.- The other replied calmly. -The warframe was all that was keeping her from death. This will be a better use of her than fading away.-

"This is wrong." Abrahaim snapped. "She defends humankind. The Emperor would not condone such."

-She is Tenno. Tenno serve.- The other replied. -If she had been lost, it would have been... unfortunate. She can aid you now. Bless the mind too small for doubt.- Abrahaim went stiff as a golden beam of energy struck his head from behind. -She will serve the Emperor and fight for the Emperor. Would you deny her that chance, Space Marine?-

"No." Abrahaim said firmly as the golden energy faded. "For the Emperor."

-For the Emperor.- Was there a hint of smugness in the machine's voice? If so, it faded.

"What?"

No one blamed the speaker for her stunned outburst. No one. Shepherd wasn't her name, more a title. She was a spiritual guide for a small colony of humans who were hiding from the Grineer on Mercury. Getting her into this conversation had been... interesting. For one thing, she was human. She had some skill and power, but in the end, she was just as human as Janet was.

The Oracle nodded slowly. This virtual world was small, a couch and two chairs set in a small, comfortable room. At least she had managed to make herself look normal, without the burn dressings that she would wear for some time. She was still coming to terms with her abilities. She had a great deal of power, but not a lot of practice in using said power and if she made a mistake? ... She shied away from that mental path. She had seen way too many of her mistakes in visions to ever think she was infallible.

"Let me get this straight..." Shepherd said slowly. "We have a character from a game running around slaughtering Grineer." Janet nodded. "And his religion..." She swallowed hard.

"He reveres an Emperor." Cecelia had kept her mouth shut for most of the conversation. She was very nervous and Janet laid a hand on her arm. The girl was scared, and who could blame her? She was the best authority on the game currently and hadn't even quibbled when Janet had asked for her presence. "Not 'quite' a deity, but close. A father figure whom he reveres. In the game, the Emperor made the Primarchs from himself and each of them made the Space Marines from themselves. So... technically, he did create them. He gave them a purpose. To kill anything he tells them to. To be his 'Angels of Death'."

"I have studied a lot of religions..." Shepherd said slowly. "That... seems wrong."

"That is because it is." Janet was still trying to wrap her mind around everything she had seen. "It was made for a game, not real life."

"Wonderful." Shepherd said with a sigh. "We got word of a new presence. Steel Meridian is calling him a 'savior' and other such drek. Lots of people are talking."

"I know." Janet said softly. Both other women looked at her and she nodded. "If it goes beyond talk... he is one man. Well..." She qualified. "One Space Marine. He cannot be everywhere." Shepherd nodded.

"I have curbed what I can." The religious guide said with a sigh. "I mean the last thing we need is another cult popping up." She glanced at Janet who nodded. Janet knew what Shepherd suspected. That there was a lot more to the woman she had met on Mercury during the hunt for the Elena Greensky than met the eye.

"I agree." Janet said with a fervent nod. "I am no 'messiah' myself. Just a woman with abilities others do not have." Shepherd raised an eyebrow and Janet shrugged.

"Considering some of what I have heard about you..." Shepherd said slowly. Janet froze and Shepherd smiled a little forlornly. "I had to be sure."

"I am no leader." Janet said firmly. "Maybe I can do some good, maybe not. But I can help a bit here and there. I am no messiah though so don't even try." She said sternly.

"I know that." Shepherd said with a smile that faded. "Others will not."

"Right now, I am only concerned about this 'Space Marine' and Violet." Janet said with a shrug. "I don't..." She trailed off as Shepherd shook her head.

"I can help." Shepherd said calmly. "If I know the truth."

"Shepherd... I..." Janet paused as Cecelia rose, stepped to her and gave her a hug. Then the girl vanished. "I..."

"You are scared." Shepherd said with a nod. "I understand. Any power is frightening. I can help, if you let me."

"There are things I cannot tell you." Janet hedged. Shepherd nodded.

"I know." The spiritual guide said with a smile. "What can you tell me?"

"If we don't find him fast, we will have major problems when the Tenno discover what he has done..."

Major problems is putting it mildly janet what has happened will be taken as a declaration of war and I don't care how well equipped and trained he is. one space marine versus an entire clan of tenno? space marine loses

Edited by evafan002