Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

*steam Deleted My Entire Game

Spacetronaut

I was running a Tower II Mobile Defense on my own and completed it, but instead of going back to the main menu after extracting it stayed black for about 15 seconds and then I started getting impatient. I started clicking around and then I saw a very quick flash of the death "revive or abort" screen and then it was just my Warframe laying on the ground dead with the heartbeat sound affect when you have low health.

After I Alt+F4'd because nothing was responding, I started up the game again and it was stuck on "checking for updates". So I went into Steam and verified the game cache, then said "175 files failed to validate."

I'm now reinstalling 4.9GB of files.

This happen to anyone else or am I just insanely unlucky with this game today? I would've gotten a Bo Prime Blueprint if this didn't happen.

So I went into Steam and verified the game cache

You shouldn't verify through steam. Ever. Because the version of the game on Steam's servers is outdated (but Steam thinks it's the latest) and because of how patches are applied it thinks that every one of your game's files are outdated (when really they're more up to date, but Steam doesn't know this) so it redownloads them all anyway, reverting you to an older version of the game.

You should only ever verify your game cache files through the Warframe launcher.

That being said, it sounds like you were a victim to lag.

It happens when you get steam to validate your game, Steam doesn't seem to keep an update to date version of Warframe, so yeah...

I highly recommend that you never use steam to validate your games, unless it's explicitly broken/corrupted.

Never verify the game cache through steam, it has an old version and resets it so you have to download all the new content since then. The Launcher has a own verify option.

Edit: Damn, Tenno'd so hard

Edited by Ogractor

I've edited the thread title for clarity. It wasn't the void that deleted your game, it was Steam thinking that you had outdated/corrupt game files because when it checked your files against the Steam server files (which are actually outdated) it saw a mismatch, deleted your game and began redownloading an outdated version.

If you verify Warframe through Steam, you're going to have a bad time.

You shouldn't verify through steam. Ever. Because the version of the game on Steam's servers is outdated (but Steam thinks it's the latest) and because of how patches are applied it thinks that every one of your game's files are outdated (when really they're more up to date, but Steam doesn't know this) so it redownloads them all anyway, reverting you to an older version of the game.

You should only ever verify your game cache files through the Warframe launcher.

That being said, it sounds like you were a victim to lag

Making me wonder, why they don't make steam download just the launcher instead of a outdated client bundle with it?