Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do Something About Serration And Hornet Strike.

Innocent_Flower

I agree... Completely rework the entire game structure.. The mods are op so take them away... On second thought the guns could hurt people so let's remove those... Oh and we don't want anyone to cut themselves so cut all the blades, clubs, staffs, whips... From the game... Now change the title of the game too because warframe sounds mean and violent... How about rainbow debates... We can sit at multicolored tables and talk about our issues with the grineer and corpus like good little balls of light...oh I missed taking the frames out too because they were only designed for violence.

How to miss the point in one easy step. That comment is about as helpful and relevant as shadows of the dead...

I love it when people jump to extremes and put words in people mouths.

They are fine as they are! You're not forced to use them!

But you're so heavily encouraged to use them that it's not a small deal to just decide not to use them. 

Your teammates become far more powerful than you. 

You can't play lategame content like the void without them. 

New, harder content like t4 is added because players are so OP that they ask for more challenge. 

I agree... Completely rework the entire game structure.. The mods are op so take them away... On second thought the guns could hurt people so let's remove those... Oh and we don't want anyone to cut themselves so cut all the blades, clubs, staffs, whips... From the game... Now change the title of the game too because warframe sounds mean and violent... How about rainbow debates... We can sit at multicolored tables and talk about our issues with the grineer and corpus like good little balls of light...oh I missed taking the frames out too because they were only designed for violence.

Can I report posts for being... without quality? A small group of people against any change are giving reasonable arguments against the idea and you're... discrediting them with this sillyness.  Are you secretly supporting me with some kind of ironic devil's advocate type thing like Dspite or something? (that guy always agrees with me). I feel like I could make one of those videos with the narration and the word-art out of this post. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

I really wish that every player that claims anything is OP in a PVE game would go away. It is just that simple. I'm off to eat some Sumpo chicken now...

Fun fact: Many players don't sit exclusivity on the buff or nerf side. Many sit in the middle and know buffs/nerfs/reworks each have their place.

Things can be OP in a PvE game. What does it being PvE have to do with anything? Sure it less of an issue then in PvP, but it still has its problems.

Dang the forums really do hate change. Even suggested ideas that probably wont see daylight seem to terrify some of you.

You enjoy your chicken.

I agree, m8s. The customisation pretty much losses all its meaning when several mods are simply "MUST HAVE". But the ways out of this situation may vary. It may be, as several folks proposed, diversification of options to upgrade weapon, where raw damage modifications would stand alone. Like having to reforge weapon several times in the foundry, bumping additional resources and time in a gun or have its damage being increased by leveling. Or it may be achieved by buffing other mods dramatically to the point where applying Sure Shot or Expel Infested instead of Hornet Strike would actually be a legit variant.

Can I report posts for being... without quality? A small group of people against any change are giving reasonable arguments against the idea and you're... discrediting them with this sillyness.  Are you secretly supporting me with some kind of ironic devil's advocate type thing like Dspite or something? (that guy always agrees with me). I feel like I could make one of those videos with the narration and the word-art out of this post.

So you agree that it sounds as stupid coming from me as it did from the op? Thanks for validation... There is no reason to change the mods at this time. Rework the ai, weapon scaling, enemy scaling... ect... Which brings you to another issue. If a MR17 is rolling with a MR0 who's enemies are going to be faced? I think that logistically you just haven't thought this through to the end. There is far more to this than a simple serration mod sucks and is ruining the game... Instead of dealing with all of the logistical issues in your system how about making a 10 slot damage card that would allow you to scale your own weapons to your enemies...like perhaps a serration card or something...

Ok. Imagine playing warframe with me, but I've got a new weapon. The weapon has tons of ammo and rapid fire. When I fire, all life on the screen dies except the players and their companions. Naturally the interaction needed by the players is considerably lessened. 

Do you imagine me to be fun to play with?  

and that's why we need ballance even in a PVE game.  because that's essentially what it's like to be playing with someone OP. 

I honestly don't see any point to this topic at all i am a noobie.  only been here a lil less than 2 weeks and already i have mastered the mods, most of mine are max, and most frames are maxed, my foundry stays building stuff. why you ask well i am glad you did ask. its because i run missions a lot and got the stuff i wanted and WANTED TO USE it took time and work to do so but hey its my game and ill grind if i wanna

ok now that i have babbled in short

IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT USE IT!

DUH!!!

( AND PLZ DONT COMMENT ABOUT ANY GRAMMAR ERRORS CUZ I DONT CARE AND PEOPLE RESORT TO THAT WHEN THEY HAVE LOST ALL OTHER ARGUMENTS)

Edited by CharonSoulwalker

I honestly don't see any point to this topic at all i am a noobie.  only been here a lil less than 2 weeks and already i have mastered the mods, most of mine are max, and most frames are maxed, 

( AND PLZ DONT COMMENT ABOUT ANY GRAMMAR ERRORS CUZ I DONT CARE AND PEOPLE RESORT TO THAT WHEN THEY HAVE LOST ALL OTHER ARGUMENTS)

1: Ok. 

2:People more often resort to that when they want to wish that they misunderstood such a "noobie" argument. 

Would you prefer to fire 540 rounds at an ancient only to be slapped like a .....moving on... Or when you enter the room a shroud of death and destruction befall at your feet???? I prefer the latter...

I'd prefer a balanced game where neither happen. 

But you're so heavily encouraged to use them that it's not a small deal to just decide not to use them. 

Your teammates become far more powerful than you. 

You can't play lategame content like the void without them. 

New, harder content like t4 is added because players are so OP that they ask for more challenge. 

Encouraged but not forced! It's a difference, a big one tho.

If my teammates are powerful than me, that's good, i just stay back and let them kill everything for me.

More challenge = more fun

Ok. Imagine playing warframe with me, but I've got a new weapon. The weapon has tons of ammo and rapid fire. When I fire, all life on the screen dies except the players and their companions. Naturally the interaction needed by the players is considerably lessened. 

Do you imagine me to be fun to play with?  

and that's why we need ballance even in a PVE game.  because that's essentially what it's like to be playing with someone OP. 

And you know what would happen? I would offer DE some feedback into what seemed to be happening, and it would not be in the lines "OMG what have you done YOU NEED TO FIX THIS NOW", it would be "I was in a game with weapon X and the player that had it was named Y and he seemed to kill a LOT faster then say, my personal heavy FORMA weapons, so maybe you guys should have a look to make sure it's not a glitch or a mod combo that is getting out of hand".

See what feedback is?

Our job is to inform of what we see. Topics that start as "DO SOMETHING NOW ABOUT X OR Y" are stating that YOU already seem to exactly what is happening already, and know what is best, and that everyone else should shut up and do what you say.

Not feedback.

If you kept jumping in "my" games and tried to troll me with guns or abilities or for example tried to "steal" my kills when I had told you clearly at the start that I had to get 30 kills to get the affinity secondary mission bonus, I would just drop you as a friend, put you on the block list, and if joined up with you, leave those games. I have all the tools I need to control what I define as "not fun players" and so do you.

Edited by DSpite

words.

Absolutely none of this is relevant. You upset because I refered to you as a devils advocate? I mean, rather than give some new information on why these mods should stay exactly the same, or reasons why they shouldn't changed, you've instead chosen to give another lecture on your opinions concerning feedback. Sunshine I've seen them before. You're kinda making the opposing side look weaker because you don't tackle the subject directly. You think of new scenarios that don't need to exist. Or issues that could be fixed with something stated. 

Ok I think I see a fundamental misunderstanding here.

Flower has a... rather tactless approach to their threads sometimes. That gives the impression that their opinions are less feed back or ideas and more demands based on their desires. I've been around long enough to observe lots of Flowers threads roll the same way and 90% of the time I disagree with them.

But let me play a little bit of a explanatory role: NO one that happens to agree that serration is a problem is basing their opinion on the "I don't like it so it should go away" mentality. I do make my own fun and I don't use it often. Although the whole "if you don't like it, don't use it" argument is very wonky, because it still doesn't mean something isn't arguably broken. But all that doesn't change the problem what players on our side of argument see, that being a lack of actual choice and modding diversity.

Pure dmg mods are a small part of the issue I agree, and at the very least I understand the posters responding with arguments along the line of "rework enemy scaling/dmg mechanics first, then we'll talk". The biggest point that seems to be missed though is that if this came with the scaling rework etc that many people want, and provided us with a choice of difficulty not based on endless scaling and not based on nerfing ourselves, then that would suit everyone and remove multiple issues, including the reliance on specific mods that are effectively deemed essential.

If all that were occur, then everyone on both sides would be more or less happy, so why the rage and outcry? At the very least contribute something meaningful if you disagree. Some posters managed to do it, so why can't some of you?

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Ah, I thought I was being not-so demanding with the whole "some possible sollutions" thing.

Lots of users have different opinions on feedback though. Some will prefer you to only state what you don't like and not give solutions. Some will want to focus on the solutions you have as a "this is a problem" would be meaningless to them.  

It is required because the enemies don't just get side-grades. They get straight up buffs to damage, health, shields, armor, etc.

They don't just get buffed in reload speed or fire rate.

Tenno are simply going to have to do the same. Hence why we have mods like Resirection, Vatility, Serration, etc.

The Idea is to lessen the extremeness of the former so we less need the latter.