Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Still Use Kubrow?

The_OG_Slinger

If I plan to use a melee frame I have one loaded up for it. (like Valk)

With that Alpha Leader mod or whatever it makes it so they never die, plus they no longer bodyblock shots or mess up your aim.

And they hit like a mac truck.

Yes. My Huras is a much better "stealth" sentinel than Shade. Sahasa comes in quite handy giving you that extra 25 energy from a dig when soloing. Sunika is wonderful in a Capture mission. And my Raksa is good with a Loki Radial Disarm or infest defense mission.

I like that I can only take one out at a time. And when I want to, I'll sometimes swap with a Carrier or Wyrm (Carrier is nice for ammo hungry weapons).

I usually put them away as I go to bed. Then when 5pm PST hits, I take one out and let them thaw so they're ready when I get home.

Yes and no. I just picked up the Dread and Hate the other day about an hour apart. Firing a bow when my half witted kurbow wants to stand in front of me pisses me off so I haven't used him much recently.

If DE would make it so that your dumb dog would be by your side or behind you I'd use it more otherwise I could care less about him.

If I run melee-only on Ash, I throw my best gun mods onto my Dethcube sentinel, with the machine rifle. That little sentinel absolutely rips relentlessly.
Watches my back and shoots down one mob after another.

My kubrow simply does not have that level of efficiency; combined with the cooldown to pull it from stasis so that it's ready for a mission, PLUS maintenance.
I'm sorry, sentinel all the way.

All my sentinel needs are mods like the kubrow health leech, and Link mods, so that it gets much higher survivability  and I would be totally set.

Flame throwers and explosions wreck my sentinel over time. Just need mods to keep my sentinel alive, and I won't need my kubrow at all.

Edited by Jathniel

Yes, I still bring my dog, she helped me get off my Carrier addiction. I like her very much. On missions, she never once disappointed me, she's a very good companion. Sometimes when I lack skills she step up and murders everyone in sight. Amazing. We've bonded now, no turning back.

Nope because mine died... had to go away for a while and didnt get a chance to cryo it. its also the reason why i took a break from warframe. Reeeeeally anoying putting all that work into something just to have it die and go away forever. I understand DE wants it to be like a tamagotchi but at the same time its kind of a scummy move. people could spend plat on them just to have it die from 1 mistake. Might as well just flush some money down the toilet instead.

I don't really use them, Why because compared to sentinels their not use friendly, you can't freely switch back and forth between them, their expensive to make (and often you get one of the type you already have or one that is ugly as F*** so you shove that thing out the air lock and waste all that time and resources) they are also expensive to keep, throwing away lots of credits on those stabilizers. On top of that there is less room for customization. So for me the big issue is your putting in more for less, sentinels on the other hand you can swap out each sentinel without a cool down time change their weapons out, a sentinel you get instant results. also with sentinels you can equip guardian which can be a real life saver, the kubrow equivalent of this mod is limited to one kubrow so yeah, your doing more for less

I prefer my kubrows over sentinels purely because of their survivability. They have so much health and shield which is constantly regenerated with your melee, that they are near invincible if you are paying attention to their stats (And if they do get downed, you have 38 seconds to revive them with Loyal Companion).

Damage wise they do fairly well. Their crit damage with Bite and Maul maxed is pretty crazy (Its awesome to see your kubrow grab and 1 hit a level 40-50 enemy). But I am not sure if they will out perform a sentinel for consistent DPS, given how finicky their attacks and ability usage seems to be.

But I do agree that the time and effort making them is a bit much. And without mods they are pretty useless. But I guess that goes for everything in the game. 

Of course not, they haven't removed health degradation. I use sentinels a lot though, got up to 5 forma in their weapons and up to 4 forma in sentinels themselves.

Although I would have used kubrows sometimes if it would have been impossible for them to die. Like it is for every single inventory item in the entire game.