Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"space Ninja"

Shady_Steve

Seriously, you don't understand what an opinion is. 

So if someone says that square has more corners than a hexagon its an opinion correnct?

Lets try putting it more simply:

Old frames-simple design with little accent on ability thematic and relatively simple color schemes.

New ones-overly accented design based on their ability themes. Color schemes are what I would call a total mess.

There. They are different. Not the same design plan. Don't go together.

Edited by Cabadath5

You obviously did not read my post.

You're entitled to your opinion, but presenting it as fact is a no-no.

You didnt even read the definition, and if you believe opinions shouldnt be treated as facts then why are you presenting your false dilemma as fact? Edited by UrielColtan

Didnt even read the definition and if you believe opinions shouldnt be treateated as facts why are you presenting your false dilemma as fact?

A false dilemma is when someone only presents two options in a situation where a wide range of options are available.

Not sure how that has anything to do with this.

So if someone says that square has more corners than a hexagon its an opinion correnct?

Lets try putting it more simply:

Old frames-simple design with little accent on ability thematic and relatively simple color schemes.

New ones-overly accented design based on their ability themes. Color schemes are what I would call a total mess.

There. They are different. Not the same design plan. Don't go together.

Except no one here is arguing how many corners a square has. You tried to argue that your use of the terms "alien vibe"  and "abominations" are somehow objective. And "color schemes are a mess". 

Those are not objective terms. Please stop pretending that it's fact. 

A false dilemma is when someone only presents two options in a situation where a wide range of options are available.

You wrongly suggested that this was just a matter of me not knowing what an opinion is and ignored the false dilemma opinion being pushed in the post I quoted

"Now fast forward about 15 warframes and you're having to stretch farther and farther and include more ostentatious design elements and themes to avoid "the cool new warframe being "Excalibur #16" in appearance."

Wait, what? How was that a false dilemma? He merely pointed out that the guy's opinion was not fact like the guy pretended it to be. And he's right. The guy tried to push the idea that his opinion was fact.

What he is discussing with that other guy is irrelevant to me as I was responding to a comment toward ME. I suggest you recognize that.

You wrongly suggested that this was just a matter of me not knowing what an opinion is and ignored the false dilemma opinion being pushed in the post I quoted

"Now fast forward about 15 warframes and you're having to stretch farther and farther and include more ostentatious design elements and themes to avoid "the cool new warframe being "Excalibur #16" in appearance."

sorry, had to.

I'm... not sure what side you stand on, but I agree with the quote bit: the more the game expands, the more and more unique the frames will have to get to make them clearly identifiable from one another (especially in a game where you can cover up the frame's design with syandanas and armor and stuff).

Edited by Morec0

...that's not a false dilemma

He said that as time goes on, frame designs will evolve. 

Forgot to mention.

That also was not the definition I was referring to. I meant the "I'm entitled to my opinion " definition.

...that's not a false dilemma

He said that as time goes on, frame designs will evolve.

Dont recall anyone asking about evolution but in any case he is saying that they have to put ostentatious things like tophats or else everyone will look like Excalibur, actually.

This train of thought is further supported with similar suggestions.

"But as I noted earlier, the visual themes of the early warframes can only go so far before we end up with just variations of excalibur designs."

Edited by UrielColtan

If you thought this game was ninja at any time, then you were seriously wrong.

When all I had was Excal, a Mk-1 Braton, a Lato, and a Skana, it certainly felt like it. No rush or fury mods so the animations were actually reasonable and not too fast for the parkour-esque moves.

A ninja (忍者?) or shinobi (忍び?) was a covert agent or mercenary in feudal Japan. The functions of the ninja included espionage, sabotage, infiltration, and assassination, and------> open combat <----------in certain situations. - Wikipedia

Ninjas are always shown in movies and T.V. shows as silent stealthy killers. In reality most ninjas never even looked like what youd expect, many were farmers and workers and woiuld often work in the areas they ninja'd in. In other words you dont need to look like a ninja to be a ninja.

"Commander! Where are our ninja battalion?"

"It's that group over there with the top hats."

"Why are they wearing these....top hats?"

"Because ninjas dont have to look like anything."

"That's not .... never mind."

I feel like making a thread explaining Ninjutsu and it's history.. but nope! The drama is too strong for that!

Hey that was my idea.

A megathread about this could really lead to interesting things though... Someone needs to do it.

Edited by unknow99