Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Just Stopped Playing?

NoirProxy

Yeah, mostly. I'm not having as much fun anymore. I've done what I wanted and don't have anything new to do.

Then take a break.  Play some other games for a while, keep up with your clan or the forum community, come back when you get the urge.  It'll all still be here.

If your bored just take a break and come back :> or like was mention, give yourself a goal, mine is to max out my current 3 frames and 8 weapons. Also getting with friends and playing together really helps to improve the experience because you'll have many fun moments like watching one of em get stuck running perpetually in the corner xD Also, play a bit of music you enjoy while playing it, something relaxing so you can just chill and enjoy the experience. Alot of people will play a game like its a job and that will make it boring, you gotta play it like a past time, something you do to enjoy yourself.

This is actually the best advice for everything, including your life. Don't play this game like a job, play it like a past time. Great sentence!

If you have opened all frames and weapons or just the ones you want then, yes, there is nothing to do.

This isnt unique to this game this happens in all games, there isn't one game out there that doesnt have this.

And i can never understand the critique of something being "grindy" since ALL games, much like the previous point, consist of you doing stuff over and over. There isnt a game out there that you dont eventually repeat stuff constantly. Giving you side things like WoW adding Pokemon so you could do something in between the grind doesnt change that fact that you will grind. 

See in WoW, there's a whole universe of things to do  that don't revolve around repetitive grinding.  In this game, everything is about the grind. None of the missions are fun or interesting. You pick the one that has the best chances of giving you whatever you're going after, and you just plow through that mess until you get what your after. Then you repeat the process when you want something else.

Even with people who are having fun in the game, you very rarely find one who plays the missions for their own sake, they all have their "Fun" trying to get new gear. That's not fun in my book. that's chasing that high you get when you finally achieve something after hours of frustration.

This game should be a guide for how not to design a fun and engrossing MMO. they should have just made a kickstarter and tried to get it funded as a co-op game. Because the deficiencies with this game as an MMO, wouldn't even be noticeable in a released title game. You expect a limited experience with those.

Edited by BramBlackmon

I don't know why but I just kind of stopped playing. I was enjoying the game and I have been playing since the start but I just don't really understand it. Maybe it is the lack of any kind of real progression in the game but ultimately maybe the game with all of its nice addtional weapons and content every so often is still rather empty. In a way I think the game doesn't really have a soul if you know what I mean? What is the game's real purpose outside of the countless sessions of grinding? Either way I just feel a little saddened by it as when I first played the game I thought "HEY! I will play this for aslong as I live!" but now I find it hard to play it or even go beyond completing more than one mission.

yeh its getting the same way for me, just trying to make the ember frame is BS, over 270 times now going for the system. b o r i n g . time to move on soon, lack of content, to repititious.

will keep the game installed but losing interest very fast. To me this game is just a drop in kill some pixels and go, really what else is there? reminds me of that game asteroids, shoot them untill there gone then next level is shoot them till there gone, next level shoot them till there gone.....etc,

4 player game at the max, no real interaction with others except on forums, and really i cant see clans working overly great with my style of gameplay and interaction. what i mean is theres not a place for a whole clan to hang out, 4 players in a map and no communal place for players to gather. 

sure ill keep the game as a backup for when im so totally bored i feel like putting on a supercharged frame and weaps feel OP do an hour then yawn and go.

I have taken a break from Warframe mainly because I am waiting for update 8, I also don't want to burn myself out like I did with Guild wars 2. I started playing Borderlands 2 again but I always pop in Warframe every once in a while to help out clannies or to lurk the chats. 

See in WoW, there's a whole universe of things to do  that don't revolve around repetitive grinding.  In this game, everything is about the grind. None of the missions are fun or interesting. You pick the one that has the best chances of giving you whatever you're going after, and you just plow through that mess until you get what your after. Then you repeat the process when you want something else.

Even with people who are having fun in the game, you very rarely find one who plays the missions for their own sake, they all have their "Fun" trying to get new gear. That's not fun in my book. that's chasing that high you get when you finally achieve something after hours of frustration.

This game should be a guide for how not to design a fun and engrossing MMO. they should have just made a kickstarter and tried to get it funded as a co-op game. Because the deficiencies with this game as an MMO, wouldn't even be noticeable in a released title game. You expect a limited experience with those.

What are they? You cant just throw a sentence with no examples and make it a point.

What are they? Fishing? You mean press the cast button and waiting for a fish to bite doing over and over again?

The award thing? Kill X critter for an award! Ok now i have to kill some other things. Oh there another for hugging critter, now i run around hugging critter. Farming rep? Is that what you mean? EVERYTHING is a grind. Just because you have the illusion it's not doesnt magically this all that stuff NOT a grind.

And not saying dont have pakour competitions or a Tenno Olympics but dont throw statements like you have at the end of your post. That's just plain ridiculous. BTW, this really isnt an MMO, it's an online game.

It's not all about the grind, progression, exploration, collection and etc., in an online game such as this it's about how much fun you get out of doing all those things and more. Because after all of those are done, if the game's not fun boredom comes fast.

In my experience, my only real gripe about this game is the way Warframes are. I wanted them to play completely different from each other, maybe then I'd be really motivated to get all of them. Right now I'm only collecting based on design and 1-2 skills which I find interesting to use.

Even then each person has his/her own point of view on the things they want from this game, this is mine.

It's not all about the grind, progression, exploration, collection and etc., in an online game such as this it's about how much fun you get out of doing all those things and more. Because after all of those are done, if the game's not fun boredom comes fast.

In my experience, my only real gripe about this game is the way Warframes are. I wanted them to play completely different from each other, maybe then I'd be really motivated to get all of them. Right now I'm only collecting based on design and 1-2 skills which I find interesting to use.

Even then each person has his/her own point of view on the things they want from this game, this is mine.

They DO play differently.... but some folks just focus one a couple of skills because apparently it's all about doing damage.

So it's not that they dont play different is that the player doesnt play them differently.

I'm playing Rhino now and i dont use Iron Skin at all. The only time i have is when hacking a console or aborting a mission. But when i see other folks all they do is run with Iron Skin through the whole stage.  The same goes with Loki, telling people to drop a decoy is maddening! Specially in defense missions. Everything is invis with these folks.

Edit- And im talking about team play here. Obviously, in solo play those two ability are more in need.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

feel the same i actually had a couple of other friends playing with me all of which stopped playing like 1-2 weeks ago. The real reason is when you start this game it feels like it has a lot of stuff to offer but when you spend more than 10 hours on it you already pick up the trend of this game and that is just repetitive missions with no real end game. The weekly updates are cool and all but it doesn't solve the REAL problem which is REAL content, i mean a new gun and a new melee is cool but when you try it for the first 5 minutes you just feel like its below mediocre with nice animations effects and then you get bored of that real easily when your using that to do the same grind fest.

Plus there's a whole bunch of other bugs that have not been fixed but were mentioned a long time ago ex. how some lotus lines does not make sense whatsoevr (when she mention target is here and should be careful but ur mission is sabotage and killing tanks theres nothing to be careful about tanks), when lotus extends your original objective but the extended objective can't be completed due to map not going that far/mobs spawning outside of map etc etc and with new patch makes you lose all progress cuz u can't complete the said extension. All these adds up to the  "just wtf clear this game up already" feel. High potential game but nothing is being done to make it happen/time to make it happen taking waaaay to long.

There was mention of update 8 on promise of better end game/content but where is this update 8? mentioned two weeks ago this update should of been long implimented instead of two new weapons which in honesty are pretty lack luster. On a side note dojos might sound good in theory but u still have to do the same missions over and over again to grind for the mats and it might give some of the fanbase with more stuff to do.

In summary lack of real content and way to long for content to be implemented/priorities misplaced?!?!

don't forget that some floors does not allow you to jump so when ur near an edge about to make a jump to another platform instead you roll, fall to the ground. most annoying thing ever.

Edited by Myo86