The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Controller Scheme Help.

BaronBlackHeart

Something changed between update 14 and 15 and no amount of tweaking will fix the issue for me. D.E. removed some aspect of the controller setup and now I cannot slide or sprint correctly. I never even looked at the controller setup because it was flawless as far as game play was concerned and now i basically cannot play. This is a nightmare scenario for me and I desperately need help figuring out which options I need to fix.

214ff37ec91a05a9aa793406dd9202e1.png

Still testing and has a few faults but its pretty near the old layout.

Hope this helps.

I wish context action and reload were separate though, it is a pain to adapt too.

Edited by Watsxn

Toggle Sprint isn't toggle Sprint. It's sprint, as in, keep pressed to Sprint. I myself can't toggle anymore the Sprint button, I've had to reassign all the controller layout.

I'm also really disappointed by not being able to have the Context Action/Reload button separated. I used to reload with X (Square on my Sixaxis) and Interact with B (Circle). NOw it's all set to Circle (which brings a lot of funny mistakes when trying to unlock doors and reload) while X is assigned to Melee/Quick Melee and RB to Sprint (LB keeps being the power button).

Still, I'd love that it could be tweaked around. Would be much easier.

EDIT: I'd also suggesto to study the possibility to make a whole list just to assign Archwing controls (Haven't played with them yet, but something tells me the changes have to do with it.)

Edited by NightmareT12

Additionally, after getting things back to "functional" I realized that roll and crouch were previously both mapped to the same button for me. Which meant that I had the a better handle on movement. Not it's not possible to have them on the same button unless I can get into the settings and manually override the lock. 

Between that and the sprint being wonky I've figured out where the issues lie.

Edit: Going through the options was a waste for me. I found them easily enough, but i can't say for sure what i'm looking at. Honestly, something is definitely wrong with the controls. Formerly, Sprinting for me was mapped to left stick, which hold crouch and roll were mapped to the right, making a sort of freerun button. Without that, my movement speed and overall agility are basically halved.

Edited by BaronBlackHeart

Unfortanatly, I'm in a similar mess. L bumper is now roll (which I never, ever, use) and use to be what I used to activate my power. Now, My power is R bumper, where my melee use to be....so everytime I go to assasinate I keep forgetting and just use whatever power I seem to have selected. And for some reason my reload went from B to X. o.o 

But the biggest disapoinment is the lack of customization, I can't get my old layout back because of R bumper.... What gives? >.< 

Edit: X button use to always be action, now it's whatever reload is...so If I try to put reload back over to B, it makes B my action button. -_- Not cool.... 

Edited by WaRDeMoN787

Is there a reason for the change in controller play? I've done my archwing mission and don't understand why i cant go back to my directional pad for abilities. having to scroll through the list will cost me ALOT. Is there some way to fix this? This new scheme is unplayable. I realy dont want to have to use mouse and keyboard.

Edited by AnathSkidd

Yeah, controller layout is messed up at the moment.  Could be easily resolved with letting us customise the controller fully like before. RB (Xbox 360) was perfect for melee. With B i cant use the Right stick at the same time and maping to LB is useless because of the position of the left stick, which makes it uncomfortable.  If I change melee back to RB i can no longer use powers as I can't change the Activate Power button.

Please DE give us full control  over controller customisation.

Can't cast abilities in Archwing with LB. Such fail

Game won't even let you re-bind it :/

Would love a separate layout for Archwing only. Sorta like vehicle control in battlefield.

It's a vehicle. It needs it's own customizable layout.

Would gladly sacrifice the pitch down binding in order to cast selected powers.

Edited by fractal_magnets

DE wtf are you guys doing with the controller bindings??? I can't even play anymore with not being able to remap to my usual bindings, why can't you guys just bind it the way dualshock 4 is binded and leave it customizable??

Edit:Controller issues in this thread

Edited by AoiiToori