Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Overall

GreyEnneract

Been thinking that banished allies can use channeling to instantly break themselves out of the rift without a Limbo to do so for them; allies who exit cannot be banished for a short time. After all the Tenno can channel void energy (if I'm right), just radiating that energy should affect the rift they're in.

To buff this, allies who use channeling to break out will damage and banish non-banished enemies around them as they blast the rift away from them.

Edited by DSMK2

So I'll toss out my thoughts for consideration.

Limbo is a FANTASTIC frame that really only needs Quality of Life changes and maybe a little something flashier on Surge.

Banish: bread and butter, beautiful, cheap, quick cast, not that difficult to put on any given target due to a surprisingly generous hitbox. Only suggestion I would have has already been implemented with banish removing people from the rift when recast. Allies do, however, need a dispel function. I would recommend the backflip animation.

RiftWalk: again, fantastic skill that's even cheaper than banish, toggle makes it so easy to use and natural feeling. I kind of wish it was an infinite duration like silence is, but raised the entry cost, but as it stands it's more than useable.

RiftSurge: This needs to be modified from it's current underwhelming state. I'd like to see a stagger to all enemies in the rift, or at least around him, a small base damage, and debuff that while they remain in the rift they take a % damage increase roughly equivalent to the damage boost Limbo receives now. This shift would justify the steeper energy cost and make the skill more team-oriented, especially in defensive missions or clutch plays, and would synergize with his 4 ability much better.

Cataclysm: currently, it's at a very uninteresting and almost completely bland place. It's used almost exclusively as a 'rift zone' rather than any damage at the end or real existent cc implications. To add some utility onto this ultimate, why not make enemies unable to pass out of the rift zone, even while it shrinks? A properly positioned ultimate will not only control and separate enemies, but guarantee damage on them and provide 'group nuke' opportunities the rest of the team will appreciate.

Please, DE, limbo is a facinating frame with lots of control opportunities, but let us have just a bit of an easier time using this maestro of the void.

Edit: drunken phrasing needed to be fixed.

Edited by Bernkastal

So I'll toss out my thoughts for consideration.

Limbo is a FANTASTIC frame that really only needs Quality of Life changes and maybe a little something flashier on Surge.

Banish: bread and butter, beautiful, cheap, quick cast, not that difficult to put on any given target due to a surprisingly generous hitbox. Only suggestion I would have has already been implemented with banish removing people from the rift when recast. Allies do, however, need a dispel function. I would recommend the backflip animation.

RiftWalk: again, fantastic skill that's even cheaper than banish, toggle makes it so easy to use and natural feeling. I kind of wish it was an infinite duration like silence is, but raised the entry cost, but as it stands it's more than useable.

RiftSurge: This needs to be modified from it's current underwhelming state. I'd like to see a stagger to all enemies in the rift, or at least around him, a small base damage, and debuff that while they remain in the rift they take a % damage increase roughly equivalent to the damage boost Limbo receives now. This shift would justify the steeper energy cost and make the skill more team-oriented, especially in defensive missions or clutch plays, and would synergize with his 4 ability much better.

Cataclysm: currently, it's at a very uninteresting and almost completely bland place. It's used almost exclusively as a 'rift zone' rather than any damage at the end or real existent cc implications. To add some utility onto this ultimate, why not make enemies unable to pass out of the rift zone, even while it shrinks? A properly positioned ultimate will not only control and separate enemies, but guarantee damage on them and provide 'group nuke' opportunities the rest of the team will appreciate.

Please, DE, limbo is a facinating frame with lots of control opportunities, but let us have just a bit of an easier time using this maestro of the void.

Edit: drunken phrasing needed to be fixed.

I agree with your points, but wanted to point out that Silence isn't infinite duration.

Played a ODD today with a Limbo. All he did was Cataclysm on top of the pod and get downed every single wave because he's squishy, and enemies inside Cataclysm can still damage you because hey, you're in it too! Add to that the fact that you can't loot anything inside (meaning I couldn't pick up energy orbs when I was seriously starved for energy) and you can't hit anything outside of it either, and it feels an awful lot like a Fire Blast that deals more damage but with a ton of drawbacks.

Every single Limbo I've played with has just Banished people and used Cataclysm poorly.

More changes!

Sped up casting animation for Rift Surge.
Fixed issues with the Limbo Theorem quest inbox not automatically appearing.
Stalker ability cancel ability can close rifts. Prevents people from just using Banish or Tear in Space to avoid being hurt by the Stalker.
Fixed issues with Void laser and Ice traps affecting Limbo while Rift Walk is active.
Fixed issues with Limbo dropping items like the datamass while activating Rift Walk potentially losing them forever.

I really hope they do something about Banish when is casted to the players, something to go outside of the rift by ourselves or something, still people use this for trolling, find 2 more Limbos today who just spammed Banish to players, obviously they quit mid mission because of this, of all the Limbos i found only 1 of those really know how to play with him.

I really hope they do something about Banish when is casted to the players, something to go outside of the rift by ourselves or something, still people use this for trolling, find 2 more Limbos today who just spammed Banish to players, obviously they quit mid mission because of this, of all the Limbos i found only 1 of those really know how to play with him.

Maybe pressing a certain key to get out of it.