Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicates Should Be All About Missions.

Innocent_Flower

Played a huge long game of t4 void. tens of thousands when it came to XP. 

Got about 200 syndicate points. Get 5000 for the first rank. This is silly. Most games aren't t4 void and I get next to nothing for them. for me 35 has been the highest amount for a non-infinite gamemode with high levels. Edit: another time I did 25 waves of t3 and got 350 points) 

So, It's unreasonable to expect any sufficient progress from wearing sigils. You want 5000 and they give you next to nothing. (why do they even give you anything at all I must ask. Why can't they just be cosmetic?) 

So, On further inspection.... There's no way I can buy anything from my syndicate at this rate. Most of the items are about 20k so there's no way I'm getting anything at this rate. Unless syndicate alerts offer big rewards or start popping up all the time... This ain't working for me. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

So, It's unreasonable to expect any sufficient progress from wearing sigils. You want 5000 and they give you next to nothing. (why do they even give you anything at all I must ask. Why can't they just be cosmetic?) 

So I'm under the assumption that we need syndicate missions. 

They've yet to appear. Why? 

Did a wave 20 Sechura. And i got 363 points. At the same time, my friend got 900+ points in the same missions.

I precise I was using lvl 30 gear and didn't die while my friends was using low lvl gear and died.

Do we gain more xp for some obscure reason ? Or does it ignore affinity on lvl 30 gear ? Actually i can't understand these numbers. There seems to be a mismatch between the goals and the means to get to these.

Same as doing a defense with corpus, gaining 6 oxium toward the 500 needed to the new melee weapon.

How do we get the new mods? I sure don't want to grind during 2 months for one mod. And the 25k standing is for one mod, to get the other, let's do another round...

I like the update, but these numbers put me down, almost like a goal for a small clan to get.

I've liked faction systems in other games.

I can recall the overwhelming amount of time I spent, feigning death behind a guard in a newbie zone in Everquest, turning in stacks of bone chips 4 at a time to get some negligible increase in the local faction.  It took what seemed like forever, but I got my elf to be wildly popular in the local lizard city.  From there, I was able to complete a multi-part quest chain to get a very unique weapon.  

The work there had multiple benefits.  I got access to a hub town (not that many towns on that continent), special content/trainers (a shadowknight guild in a different city), and a weapon that could normally only be grabbed by members of that race.  Getting the standing to walk in was part of it, but I had to do further work to be able to complete the weapon quest.  There's also the matter of bragging rights...

Anyhow, if grinding a faction takes a long time, then that can be good, right?  Yes.  The problem Warframe syndicates have is that the weapon mod selection is anemic (18 weapons total, very little rhyme/reason in their selection, and no indication if there'll be more?) and hit and miss with respect to quality (compare the 20% status bonus on the Supra to the multishot on the Hek).  Ability mods have the same issue - every frame has exactly one mod that modifies one ability, and it's debatable whether the Warframes you like using (people tend to only use a few frames) have mods you'd find worthwhile.

These ability/weapon mods are the tail end of the syndicate grind, and the rewards are mostly just... "meh".  There seems to be a disconnect between the value of faction standing in other games (access to cities, quests, items of note), and the mostly meh options given to us here.  

Perhaps if there were documentation as to killing what factions, doing what tasks and undertaking what missions better serves your factions.

It seems like here there could be an interesting and fleshed out basis for something larger. But its missing things in general.

I can recall the overwhelming amount of time I spent, feigning death behind a guard in a newbie zone in Everquest, turning in stacks of bone chips 4 at a time to get some negligible increase in the local faction.  It took what seemed like forever, but I got my elf to be wildly popular in the local lizard city.  From there, I was able to complete a multi-part quest chain to get a very unique weapon.  

The work there had multiple benefits.  I got access to a hub town (not that many towns on that continent), special content/trainers (a shadowknight guild in a different city), and a weapon that could normally only be grabbed by members of that race.  Getting the standing to walk in was part of it, but I had to do further work to be able to complete the weapon quest.  There's also the matter of bragging rights...

Ah, the good ol' days.

hmm

i just played a 50 minutes t1 survival and got 500 points

Ah, about nine more hours of constant work and you'l have your first rank. 

I struggle to keep awake in games that long. The same thing over and over again with no variation. Mind sharing what ranks your equipment was? 

Seems fine to me.

Sidenote, anyone know if the 'upgraded/fancier' sigils give more Rep?

This would be cool actually. Instead of paying a buttload of rep for a questionabely looking tatoo, you "invest" it into faster gains.

The ingame logic would be: better emblem ---> higher esteem ---> more syndicate visibility ---> more rep

Edited by 101010

These are things you are suppose to work towards as sort of a long term goal. Not something that you're suppose to blow through in 2 days.

The sigils serve the same purpose as having a high mastery rank at the moment. Bragging rights. I don't understand why some people feel everything needs to be instant gratification or have a real tangible value for obtaining. It's not like you have to go out of your way to earn faction points. You get them by simply playing the game.

And as far as the different rep gain goes, I assume that certain factions value specific modes/enemy types over another.

Seems fine to me.

Sidenote, anyone know if the 'upgraded/fancier' sigils give more Rep?

Lol, seems fine to you yet you're looking for a way to gain more rep? Why don't you just level them up 1 standing at a time if it's "fine" to you.

I don't mind grinding, it's to be expected in MMO's like Warframe but it takes 50 HOURS of gameplay to get one of the new ability buff mod. And that's under optimal conditions, i.e super under-ranked loadouts + hour long void missions. It'd be somewhat reasonable if you just get all the stuff the syndicates offered when you reached a certain level like event mods/weapons but from what I understand, you have to purchase them using standing. Which means you'll have to play an additional 50 hours for each mod you want.

I'm sorry but 200+ hours of gameplay for mods that are just there to make low tier abilities/weapons viable is not "fine" to me. I've yet to receive one, but these syndicate missions better give like 5000 standing per mission or else it's just not worth the effort.

Ah, about nine more hours of constant work and you'l have your first rank. 

I struggle to keep awake in games that long. The same thing over and over again with no variation. Mind sharing what ranks your equipment was? 

i was just spamming the new radial javelin

i was getting sleepy around 30 minutes then i got downed and i guess that made me wake up

These are things you are suppose to work towards as sort of a long term goal. Not something that you're suppose to blow through in 2 days.

The sigils serve the same purpose as having a high mastery rank at the moment. Bragging rights. I don't understand why some people feel everything needs to be instant gratification or have a real tangible value for obtaining. It's not like you have to go out of your way to earn faction points. You get them by simply playing the game.

And as far as the different rep gain goes, I assume that certain factions value specific modes/enemy types over another.

Because it's a video game and the entire point of playing a video game is INSTANT GRATIFICATION. I mean seriously, what type of person plays and MMO and thinks "This questline is to take me a year to complete, the rewards aren't exactly the best, but at least when I'm done I'll feel SO ACCOMPLISHED." 

Because it's a video game and the entire point of playing a video game is INSTANT GRATIFICATION. I mean seriously, what type of person plays and MMO and thinks "This questline is to take me a year to complete, the rewards aren't exactly the best, but at least when I'm done I'll feel SO ACCOMPLISHED." 

Not always. 

For instance, boss fights. They do not always grant you instant gratification, but once you beat it, you would still feel satisfied.