Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Neck And Helmet Rigging Out Of Phase

Sloan441

Just like it says.

What I'm seeing is the neck moving separately from the helmet itself in idle animations. It's a bit disturbing looking.

I've only noticed it on Valkyr and Banshee with the noble idle stance, but that's because that's who I've been playing today. I was on Nyx Prime, but didn't notice anything amiss, but I wasn't really looking for it and didn't spend much time with her.

I'll update as I get more time on more 'frames, but if anyone else is seeing this oddity, please chime in.

Based on the varying occurences I've observed as well as posted in the thread, it can be assumed to occur on all Warframes (I've observed it on Valkyr and Vauban with non-default helmets, a player I was on a Skype call with observed it with Saryn with a non-default helmet.) I haven't seen the bug occur with my Hydroid setup, which uses the default helmet. I can't say for certain that using non-default helmets trigger the bug, but it may be worth checking out.

The exact behaviour of the bug seems to be that the neck joint will be locked to the camera as if the player had weapons hot, while the character is simply staying idle. This persists until a new level is loaded, only interrupted by the "idled too long" animations.

Edited by DerHollander

What seems to be happening, near as I can tell, is the helm getting locked in a forward position, but the neck still moving as you look around via camera pan.

Noticed this on Saryn after a long play session, but hadn't seen it on Banshee who'd I'd been playing for several hours up until then. It really stood out on Saryn, since her Chlora helm usually clips her shoulder frills, but I wasn't seeing that, yet the neck still moved while the helm was locked looking forward.

It is disturbing looking!  

Yep, it's the neck still being mobile with what is an alt helm that is fixed looking forward.

It does seem tied to alt helms and the noble idle stance.

A Mirage with the Harlequin helmet in noble stance has the locked helm and mobile neck. A Zephyr with the Ciezero helmet in the agile stance does not suffer the same locked helm and mobile neck.

Can confirm this with Limbo and his noble stance. However, it may be across all stances - my rhino prime without any animation set has had the same issue.

Also, interestingly, this bug let me see that Limbo's neck and hat move with each other.

Edited by Cyv001

Playing Mirage just now with the Harlequin helmet in noble stance.

When first logged in, she's fully mobile as she should be. Get to talking in region (regrets) while cranking out ODE keys for the evening farming session. Head up to the nav panel and...helm locked forward and neck still mobile.

Going to put her in agile and see what happens next.

Same thing. Fully mobile on equip. Walk up the ramp and helm locks forward but neck still moves.

Revert to noble stance. Fully mobile on equip. Walk up the ramp and...still fully mobile. Weird.