The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Create A Silencing Mod For Archwing Weapons

Renegade343

Hello all,

Would anyone like it if there is a silencing mod for Archwing weapons, to allow for silent guns for stealthy gameplay with Archwings? The reason I ask this is because sometimes, I want to 'snipe' an enemy without alerting everyone else, and I do not want the noise from the guns to attract every other enemy in the area. 

The mod cost will be the same as the Hush/Suppress mods, and it would be as thus: 

Rank 0 (Cost: 2): +25% Noise Reduction

Rank 1 (Cost: 3): +50% Noise Reduction

Rank 2 (Cost: 4): +75% Noise Reduction

Rank 3 (Cost: 5): +100% Noise Reduction

The name of this mod will be called: Unsuspecting Fire

Please take the time to read this thread, and provide constructive criticism and feedback.

Renegade343

• Like 1

>noise

>space

hmm...

This is an example of 'Rule of Cool' overriding logic. 

Then again, technically, one could transmit sound waves in space (after all, space is not a true 'vacuum', but very close to one), but people are probably not going to hear it anyways. 

I'd like to point out there is no sound in space, so a silencer is pointless. Tenno might hear in space for some space magic reason, but im pretty sure grineer and corpus trust in radars rather than their ears

Enemies in Archwing missions still can hear a gun firing (or 'hear' a gun firing, whatever is the right case). 

I don't think stealth in space works without some sort of cloak anyways.

You're not going through corridors and vents and stacks of boxes.

You are out in the open, vulnerable to electronic scanning and simple sight.

A dude could look through the structural weakness in their ship and see you a mile away.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

You're not going through corridors and vents and stacks of boxes.

You are out in the open, vulnerable to electronic scanning and simple sight.

Simple sight is rendered useless with all the stars and such in space (I mean, if you are far enough, with simple sight, you might as well look like just another star). 

Electronic scanning might work, if not for those Corpus engines spewing out high-energy (presumably) magnetic beams to scramble quite a few electronics. 

Simple sight is rendered useless with all the stars and such in space (I mean, if you are far enough, with simple sight, you might as well look like just another star). 

Electronic scanning might work, if not for those Corpus engines spewing out high-energy (presumably) magnetic beams to scramble quite a few electronics. 

I don't see why they'd be magnetic.

It's more likely that they'd have things that could ignore the interference of their own ships anyway.

We already know the Grineer can scan other vessels, from a distance.

Corpus, being presumably more advanced than Grineer, would more likely than not be able to do the same.

And if you're a winged dude zipping around in space and someone looks out the window, it won't be THAT hard to see you.

Movement catches the eye. 

Edited by AdunSaveMe

And if you're a winged dude zipping around in space and someone looks out the window, it won't be THAT hard to see you.

Movement catches the eye. 

There are other things moving around too. 

And a few things would probably catch the eye better than a winged person flying around (for one, random explosions in the Corpus Trench Run tile). 

And do explain how one small shot, that fired off into space without hitting absolutely anything, somehow manages to attract every enemy in a 600m radius with perfect tracking too (and they are separated by two walls). If it is not sound, then why the heck would our weapons be made to pop up on enemy radar whenever we fire a shot (or at least not improved to avoid that)? 

Although, when I think about it, this might be just gameplay limitations and such. 

Protip: You get "detected" because it's coded that way in the ones and zeros. As if "logic" applies in this game. Oh look, I've silenced my rocket launcher explosions. Logic ... LOL.

No to stealth in space unless DE makes some really cool mechanic meta game play shenanigans to go with it. The last thing I'd want is teams of four silently sniping everything from 2 miles away.

You do realize that if "logic" had anything to do with it, then killing ANYTHING would instantly get detected, because comms to it would go down ,and the first response to check it out would be the "violent kind", because the bad guys are constantly getting murdered by us, so they would be rather jumpy.

Protip: You get "detected" because it's coded that way in the ones and zeros. As if "logic" applies in this game. Oh look, I've silenced my rocket launcher explosions. Logic ... LOL.

Counter protip: Developers can code methods to not make that code activate (of course, with if-statements and such). And the silent rocket launcher explosion is an oversight (granted, a very old oversight). 

No to stealth in space unless DE makes some really cool mechanic meta game play shenanigans to go with it. The last thing I'd want is teams of four silently sniping everything from 2 miles away.

That is if we could actually see the small things moving around.

And why not allow that? After all, even with silenced weapons, if an enemy sees an ally die right in front of his/her eyes with a silenced shot, they will go and search for whoever the hell killed said ally. And with how quickly the Archwing enemies move and such, that means players would have to move around to avoid getting detected. 

even if u got silent weapon and couldn't kill him within 1 shot (except Bows and Lanka)....then the stealth will be broken. i put Husk on my rifle to shoot the grineer with 5 shots but other grineer still able to be alerted by it. so.....stealth for Archwing is a no go unless DE make a better Stealth mechanism 

Edited by ZzVinniezZ

even if u got silent weapon and couldn't kill him within 1 shot (except Bows and Lanka)....then the stealth will be broken. i put Husk on my rifle to shoot the grineer with 5 shots but other grineer still able to be alerted by it. so.....stealth for Archwing is a no go unless DE make a better Stealth mechanism 

Thing is, they go into a semi-Alert state and search for you, but you are still not detected yet (if so, then they will go into Alert state). So technically, your stealth has not been broken yet. 

Thing is, they go into a semi-Alert state and search for you, but you are still not detected yet (if so, then they will go into Alert state). So technically, your stealth has not been broken yet. 

I cannot see why on earth you would want stealth Archwing mechanics, other then create a meta to more efficiently farm for mods. It will basically boil down to "spot enemy. Snipe at 1km. Repeat" for the entire map, basically allowing ANY Archwing to play Loki in space.

I strongly fail to see why that will ever happen.

Enemies in Archwing missions still can hear a gun firing (or 'hear' a gun firing, whatever is the right case). 

Well this should not be so, enemies should aquire targets by radar, even if Tenno can listen sounds in space by some space magic enemies do not have this technology. Also radar detection would make missions more challenging, they would spot you sooner and move to engage, rather than float around until you open fire on them.

Edit: For some reason grineer are by far the most efficient in target acquisition, they spot you sooner and move to swarm you rather than stay at a distance firing at you like the corpus do. Maybe this is from level design, asteroid fields are much more open than trenchrun missions, which would make difficult dodging enemy attacks if the corpus swarmed you. Regardelss corpus get owned easily.

Edited by John89brensen

I cannot see why on earth you would want stealth Archwing mechanics, other then create a meta to more efficiently farm for mods. It will basically boil down to "spot enemy. Snipe at 1km. Repeat" for the entire map, basically allowing ANY Archwing to play Loki in space.

I do like to play stealth Extermination missions, for one. 

And as for Sabotage, stealth will actually incur less efficient farming of mods (and Interception would have enemies on alert anyways, so the silencing mods would be useless in that mode [same as Defence and Survival in non-Archwing missions, and also those Void Exterminations]). 

I do like to play stealth Extermination missions, for one. 

And as for Sabotage, stealth will actually incur less efficient farming of mods (and Interception would have enemies on alert anyways, so the silencing mods would be useless in that mode [same as Defence and Survival in non-Archwing missions, and also those Void Exterminations]). 

There are no alarms during Archwing missions, during sabotage enemies just spawn randomly.

There are no alarms during Archwing missions, during sabotage enemies just spawn randomly.

Actually, if they are alert and shooting at you, the spawn rate of the enemies does jack up by a noticeable amount. I did try to do a stealth run with an Archwing and melee, and when I get spotted, I get enemies spawning in twos or threes around the general direction of my location, as compared to having one or two spawning rather infrequently while I am not detected. 

Actually, if they are alert and shooting at you, the spawn rate of the enemies does jack up by a noticeable amount. I did try to do a stealth run with an Archwing and melee, and when I get spotted, I get enemies spawning in twos or threes around the general direction of my location, as compared to having one or two spawning rather infrequently while I am not detected. 

Not that big a difference, its not like "infantry" missions were entire platoons spawn to try (and fail) to stop you.