Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions To Improve Archwing

Cobalt313

Normally I don't like list suggestions like this, but this is all pretty closely related and most aren't really worth their own articles, so hopefully I won't get in too much trouble for doing this.

But I digress; here's a few ways I think Archwing missions could be improved:

-3-D minimap: now that we're no longer limited to a 2-D plane, the minimap as it stands is more or less useless outside Corpus missions with Archwing. To that end, I suggest revamping the minimap to account for the third dimension, hopefully nothing too drastic, perhaps just something akin to the minimap from the Metroid Prime series.

-Enemy location pointers should change size with distance to the target: normally a staple of 3-D space shooters, basically the further away a target is, the bigger the pointer marker gets, making it easier to track enemies over longer distances.

-Have some sort of alert when an enemy ship's missiles lock on to you: Self-explanatory; Odonata has countermeasures as a second power, I would prefer to know I need them them BEFORE the homing missiles actually hit me.

-Let Sentinels follow you in Archwing missions: Why not? They can fly, so theoretically they could still follow you into space, and it would finally give a decent incentive to use them instead of Kubrows.

-Have clearly-defined level boundaries for Grineeer missions: I accidentally aborted on a friend while trying to flee from a horde of Grineer ships, just because I didn't know where the map ended and where "**** this I'm out" began, and I couldn't get my bearings in time to avert it. I would prefer this never happen again.

-Have Grineer interception nodes be closer together: Because let's face it, nothing is more frustrating than blasting full-speed toward the next node knowing full well it will be captured before you even get there.

-Have better indicators on pickups such as mods: Good thinking, KnotOfMetal!

-Have loot rooms/containers in Archwing missions: It's getting kind of frustrating just how little loot we get from Archwing missions; Corpus got storage rooms we can fly into that could use some loot love and shipping crates we could blow up and steal their contents, while Grineer have those destructible meteors that may as well have some loot inside them, and possibly even have some hollowed-out asteroid bases we could fly into through those fan vents and clean out for profit.

-Revive allies from a wider radius: Space is big, it's 3-dimensional, and there's no gravity or air drag letting us just stop on a dime when we need to. We only got 20 seconds or so to get to our friends and revive them, and we would prefer not to spend most of that just trying to line up juuust right over them in order to be able to even *start* reviving them.

I'm sure there's more I can't remember right now, and I might update this or expand them into their own articles, but that's what I got for the moment. Thoughts?

Edited by Cobalt313

-Have clearly-defined level boundaries for Grineeer missions: I accidentally aborted on a friend while trying to flee from a horde of Grineer ships, just because I didn't know where the map ended and where "**** this I'm out" began, and I couldn't get my bearings in time to avert it. I would prefer this never happen again.

I think the problem with this is that Lotus or Ordis says some kind of WARNING words and force the extraction, like If you keep going I'll have to extract you, then you'll want to go back.... but there's no purpose because you will be extracted from the mission, today, Lotus warned me and I went back into the battlefield in time and I got extracted anyways -.- if the b!tch tells me that she will extract me if I keep going, why the f:)ck does she extract me when if I go back, they should extract us only if we go further, like 200m minimum, but no If we stay there, in what I will call the warning zone, or if we go back, we should not be extracted

I vote for Interception towers being AT LEAST 300 meters closer to each other. If you're at a point and someone at another goes down, they're dead. There is no saving someone that far away. A possible alternative to this could be letting a Warframe's Undying Will (that IS the bleedout increasing mod right?) ability affect Archwings.

Edited by Kaiczar

I think the problem with this is that Lotus or Ordis says some kind of WARNING words and force the extraction, like If you keep going I'll have to extract you, then you'll want to go back.... but there's no purpose because you will be extracted from the mission, today, Lotus warned me and I went back into the battlefield in time and I got extracted anyways -.- if the b!tch tells me that she will extract me if I keep going, why the f:)ck does she extract me when if I go back, they should extract us only if we go further, like 200m minimum, but no If we stay there, in what I will call the warning zone, or if we go back, we should not be extracted

I'm pretty sure that's a bug. I always turn around when she says that & I can continue just fine.

Make it so that enemies can't capture another point while at a different point. Really, I'm not joking. Stupid little Grineer ships capture point D when it's at Point C.

Or do something like regular Interception missions, where the ships have to physically dock with the tower in order to start capturing it?

Or do something like regular Interception missions, where the ships have to physically dock with the tower in order to start capturing it?

I wholeheartedly agree. It's annoying that it can fight back and capture the point not only far away from it's point, but also when I'm there causing conflict.