The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing And Why We Should Play It

TaqeGrey

Why should we play Archwing mission instead of regular missions?

Exp is bad

Credits low

Only Fusion Cores as loot (and ofcourse archwing related mods)

NO RESOURCES DROP

We all know that new toys are what makes ppl play but if we will get no resources we will not

be able to build anything....

DE need to add something to Archwing missions to compensate and make ppl choose those missions.

Once hype will end there wiil be no reason to actually play them.

Any ideas?

It's brand new, that's why you'll play it now.

In the future I'm sure there are many many plans to add to it. 

Just enjoy it for the change of pace for now.

PS: A lot of players already have all the gear they could possibly want so they have little use for resources these days.

Edited by Kestral9999

Aside from the more dynamic movement system and new enemies, and perhaps the additional challenge from mods that aren't as powerful as our normal weapon / frame mods that make it more challenging when fighting  high level archwing (lvl 30 enemies + with a rank 10 odonata with these new mods = ouch) enemies, you really don't have  to play, but it's new, so we got that going right?

Plus, the more we play and feedback it, the more stuff we can see added to improve it in the future

Edited by Somedude1000

all of the OP's points are valid, however... this game mode has been out a whopping 4 days and is still under some SERIOUS scrutiny for bug fixing relating to core game-play. 

i can't speak for DE, but the decision to reduce the number of variables and add features as stability is achieved is a good way to go about it.

give feedback as to how you can see it being improved and keep track of bugs and problems you run into, and REPORT them. 

if we still haven't gotten everything figured out in a month or two, then i'll be right there with you throwing up flags, but currently, it's a bit premature.

all of the OP's points are valid, however... this game mode has been out a whopping 4 days and is still under some SERIOUS scrutiny for bug fixing relating to core game-play. 

i can't speak for DE, but the decision to reduce the number of variables and add features as stability is achieved is a good way to go about it.

give feedback as to how you can see it being improved and keep track of bugs and problems you run into, and REPORT them. 

if we still haven't gotten everything figured out in a month or two, then i'll be right there with you throwing up flags, but currently, it's a bit premature.

That's a much better way to go about this than to question why you should even play the new mode.

If nothing else, play it so you can have some insight on what needs to be improved in your eyes :P

Don't they already make you play those missions since you can not place extractors before you unlock all archwing nodes and they are mandatory for the Limbo quest?

access to limbo requires you to play interception with the archwing, yes.

additionally, parts for the alternate archwing, archwing rifle and melee are also on interception nodes. (every 4 waves)

i find this to be somewhat distasteful as my least favorite game-mode is interception, additionally, it's extraordinarily bugged at the moment. 

there are a whopping 3 game modes for archwing, interception, exterminate and sabotage. (personally like sabotage the best)

however, as i said before. it's too early for me to start screaming about anything except bugs, and only insofar as to report them and hope they're fixed soon, anything else is expectation speaking and is premature.

I have so much fun with all the bugs and glitches in AW missions right now!!! I love getting stuck and fail the mission to lose all the mods I worked so hard to obtain, and all those host migration cheese that trapped my warframe into 2D plane, can't move up or down. SO FUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

All i want is a cool space boss battle, IN OUTSIDE SPACE!! and ya know

it's cool despite the bug ridden thing

I always thought itd be kool if there was a boss battle where a big infested lump crashes into the ship your on, so you have to go out into space to fight it.

We have the tools for the job now =D.

yes, I'd like to see more drops,some sort of vacuum function to suck in pickups from a sizeable distance and/or some sort of hud marker for pickups as they can be quite difficult to see and the distances we're dealing with.

I'm finding the enemies balancing really weird.

The Corpus got laughably weak, slow and low damage and since they only show in exterminate missions on the wreckage of their ships you have a lot of places to fall back to and recharge your shields and strike back.

The Grineer on the other hand are being extremely annoying, the Drek (flying balloons) are high damage and can stagger you in open space and the potato ships can soak a lot of damage while dishing out a constant stream. I've tried to lose them by maneuvering around the loose asteroids but even at top speed they can keepup at speeds you can't shoot back but they do.

It i also being really hard to drop mods for the Archwings and their weapons. I'd at least hope the interception missions would give you now and then some Archwing mods but all I've been getting are void keys and regular mods. Even at 4 waves. FFS I got a trick mag twice in the same match as a reward.

Other than that, flying the Archwing through Corpus wreckage and Saturn is a beauty to behold.

Edited by SlayerX3D