Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker Is God

Zakharon

I see it this way : 

Stalker studies what the Warframes can do, including new ones. Those he manages to put down, I assume he studies in part to learn of their abilities and how not always to counteract the ability itself but maybe also a mean to prevent the ability from activating at all. So it's more of a matter that he doesn't always disable active abilities, he sometimes also prevents the Warframes from even using them to begin with.

The fact that it takes a short time between when a new Warframe is discovered and active and when he can block its powers could be considered the period when he begins to hunt down that new Warframe to know its workings. Of course, out of the game, it's basically the devs coming around to adjust the Stalker's AI and code post update release so he can prevent those abilities but it works as a rather convenient grace period in-game where the new Warframe can overpower the Stalker with its abilities.

Of course, that's just trying to explain the reason in a IC kind of way. The other way to see it is that unlike the Tenno being the hunters and the Grineer/Corpus/Infested being the prey, the Stalker is instead the hunter and the Tenno its prey so it makes sense that his whole skillset is meant to take down Tenno by putting every conceivable odds in his favor and not just hope to get a lucky shot in.

Basically, he's supposed to be dangerous if you're not careful and letting the Warframe's abilities go through would make him overly trivial to deal with. If you're skilled at moving, taking cover and shooting accurately, then he's a non-issue either way.

Edited by Wiegraf

Needs his own syndicate? 

why would someone with knowledge far surpassing anyone currently alive in the solar system need a syndicate? Plus if he tried could easily beat every Tenno just that he wasn't programmed to use every ability in the game in a violent manner making him beatable so as to not be an upsetting character in the game. Even though he already is when you load up a game trying to level gear, and here comes Stalker killing off your whole team. Even worse when he shows up in a Void Defense mission.

Edited by Arlayn

Dear Stalker,

I hate you. I hate you more than words can say. I hate your stupid light tricks when you appear. I hate how your taunting and appearance sequence lasts longer than the actual fight with you. I hate how you can arbitrary disable any ability I have just because you said so. I hate how you are impossible to see and by the time I figure out what I'm looking at, there's already an arrow in my head. Even your breathing has this raspy wheezingness to it that grates on me. Your lore makes no sense and personally, I hope your are horrifically mauled to death by a malfunctioning Zanuka.

Stay the hell away from me.

--Fate

Rift Walk can now be disabled by the Stalker. <<<<<<<

I am sorry, but Limbo is manipulating reality itself how in the world does the stalker have the ability to pull me back into his reality, this breaks the lore completely. I realize the stalker is supposed to be a threat but this is ridiculous just make it if you are already in the rift he can't pull you out just make it you can't cast it if he is already there. Just my 2 cents....

He uses a dispel ability. As in if rift walking is like a spell, he dispels it. As in uses some sort of nullification. It doesn't have to be him pulling you back form the rift, only nullifying what caused you to be able to be in the rift in the first place.

He uses a dispel ability. As in if rift walking is like a spell, he dispels it. As in uses some sort of nullification. It doesn't have to be him pulling you back form the rift, only nullifying what caused you to be able to be in the rift in the first place.

But my warframe is what caused it and my warframe is in the rift :D

With that analogy:

I = Warframe's Deathstroke

Because Deathstroke kicked Batman's @$$ on like....15 different occasions.

They're not in a the same universe bro, they owned by entirely different companies and anything where they did crossover isn't canon. Batman also pretty much beat Superman in The Dark Knight Returns, but we all know Batman could never ever beat Superman. We'd have to be delusional to think that.

They're not in a the same universe bro, they owned by entirely different companies and anything where they did crossover isn't canon. Batman also pretty much beat Superman in The Dark Knight Returns, but we all know Batman could never ever beat Superman. We'd have to be delusional to think that.

Last time I checked Deathstroke is DC same as Batman >.>

Still anything Superman related pretty much boils down to Kryptonite->???->Profit!

Clearly the Stalker has Tenno Kryptonite. 

Actually, it makes perfect sense.

Why?

Rift Walk is not an ability that lasts forever. It has a timer, which means you can hold open a rift for only so long. IRL, you'd be affected by an energy drain, which comes down to the same thing.

The Stalker is simply accelerating the process, and is pulling you back from the rift prematurely.

Not that I'm a big fan of these changes, though...

Edited by (PS4)Strifedecer

Rift Walk can now be disabled by the Stalker. <<<<<<<

I am sorry, but Limbo is manipulating reality itself how in the world does the stalker have the ability to pull me back into his reality, this breaks the lore completely. I realize the stalker is supposed to be a threat but this is ridiculous just make it if you are already in the rift he can't pull you out just make it you can't cast it if he is already there. Just my 2 cents....

How does it break lore completely?

yet we all know that Batmans utility belt has everything needed in case of an emergency, like that kryptonite ring...

I was not aware that DC, and DC, are two "entirely different companies" -.-

If Batman has kryptonite, Superman's good as dead.