Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Hard For Do Quest Limbo When Us Not Have Any-Mods ?

EtherealShigure

Do archwing missions.

I thought that it would be obvious

When the majority of mod drops become Fusion Cores (or those Magazine Extensions, for some reason) (and not to mention: Good luck trying to find that mod that dropped off somewhere in space without a Loot Detector mod), I think that the original poster might have a point. Somehow. 

I havn't had much of an issue finding archwing mods, apart from them being hard to see. I've been lucky enough to run with people that mark any dropped mods they find though. I find the best way it to do around 6 waves or more of intercept on earth. Easy with a squad and mods are fairly common. I've got a variety of of archwing mods that way.

I'm really just amazed people thought they could walts right on into the Limbo quest as soon as their archwing was ready. Once I saw the level I went straight to mercury to play around a bit, learn the ropes and then get a decent mod collection.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Love when players who just got their archwing out of foundy join that mission, and become mad when they fail. Its like joining a lvl 30 defense with an unranked frame and weapons and cry that you cant do anything. And the lower level exterminate arcwing missons are easy unmoded and drop mods.

Different experiences, folks. I didn't start seeing Archwing mods at all until yesterday. This was after several days of playing Archwing missions, trying to get mods so that they wouldn't be such a chore. 

So I can definitely see where people are coming from when they complain about the lack of mods, especially considering that the new frame is gated behind a particularly difficult mission. 

Remember when you first played Warframe, starting out at Mastery Rank 0, with no mods and Level 0 Warframe and weapons? Before Vor's Prize was implemented, how long till you managed to get enough mods to make your Warframe feel powerful enough to take on Captain Vor without dying?

Archwing is pretty much the same thing, for the obvious reason that we're all just starting out on what's essentially a brand new game mode. You can't expect to get all the mods for the Archwing on the very first day, nor participate in high-level missions if your Archwing isn't leveled up.

As for mod drops, well that's the usual RNG at work. I have 6 Archwing mods, 4 Archwing gun mods and 7 Archwing melee mods since the update, all of them received while playing solo. The only rare mod out of them I have is Hyperion Thrusters, and most of the mods are those for either critical chance, status chance or critical damage, which considering the base stats of our current weapon sets isn't really great. Yet I still manage to solo Uranus interceptions (for the first round at least) despite my Archwing being underpowered in mods.

Do note that certain Warframe mods do still have an effect on Archwing gameplay: Redirection, Vitality, Vigor, Steel Fiber, Flow, Fast Deflection and Fortitude still work with the Archwing, and so do the majority of Aura powers. You can use that to circumvent your Archwing's lack of mods in the meantime, though it'll be by no means easy.

Edited by LGear

Remember when you first played Warframe, starting out at Mastery Rank 0, with no mods and Level 0 Warframe and weapons? Before Vor's Prize was implemented, how long till you managed to get enough mods to make your Warframe feel powerful enough to take on Captain Vor without dying?

Archwing is pretty much the same thing, for the obvious reason that we're all just starting out on what's essentially a brand new game mode. You can't expect to get all the mods for the Archwing on the very first day, nor participate in high-level missions if your Archwing isn't leveled up.

As for mod drops, well that's the usual RNG at work. I have 6 Archwing mods, 4 Archwing gun mods and 7 Archwing melee mods since the update, all of them received while playing solo. The only rare mod out of them I have is Hyperion Thrusters, and most of the mods are those for either critical chance, status chance or critical damage, which considering the base stats of our current weapon sets isn't really great. Yet I still manage to solo Uranus interceptions (for the first round at least) despite my Archwing being underpowered in mods.

Do note that certain Warframe mods do still have an effect on Archwing gameplay: Redirection, Vitality, Vigor, Steel Fiber, Flow, Fast Deflection and Fortitude still work with the Archwing, and so do the majority of Aura powers. You can use that to circumvent your Archwing's lack of mods in the meantime, though it'll be by no means easy.

This ^

I remember when I tried to beat Vor but I got rekt.

Then after playing regular missions for a while I managed to get enough mods to beat Vor.

Hornet Strike was like the rarest thing ever

I suggest running Corpus missions on Venus and Jupiter.  The Locust Drones drop the base damage mod for guns and are spawned by Carriers.  Once you find a Carrier, treat like a Kubrow Den when trying to get as many Kubrow out as possible in the hope of those mods.  Once you get that you'll have a bit more punch against the armoured Grineer so go back to Earth for Interception practice and the hope of elemental damage mods.

This ^

I remember when I tried to beat Vor but I got rekt.

Then after playing regular missions for a while I managed to get enough mods to beat Vor.

Hornet Strike was like the rarest thing ever

Ahahaha yes, those were the times when Vor felt like THE ULTIMATE BOSS that took me 20 minutes to defeat by running around, taking cover, spamming powers, and being completely tactical. Nowadays I just walk up to Vor, swipe him a few times with the Dragon Nikana and have the fight be over in less than a minute.