Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gag Mod Skins, A Silly Idea.

EclipsedHusky

So I have been thinking about Skins, one oft he things people keep wanting for Frames for the gender thing going about(dunno why people get their undies in a knot wanting genders)

Anyways my ideas so far are:

Cupid's Arrow, skin for the Paris.

Covered in hearts and fluff, arrows tipped with hearts. the special thing from it would actually make it stranger AND give it Nyx's Mindcontrol skill. I figure this wouldn't be TOO OP since ya know you are doing damage to the thing you are turning to your cause, MC has a one active at a time setting and its a duration skill.

Other one is boxing gloves. Dunno how the new fist like weapons work but it would be funny to just straight up bunch guys. It would have a default 2.5 chance of stun.

So any silly skin ideas you people can think of?

...Hmm a Hek that shoots confetti would be silly too right? Anyways what are you silly skin ideas? :D

So I have been thinking about Skins, one oft he things people keep wanting for Frames for the gender thing going about(dunno why people get their undies in a knot wanting genders)

For the record: more people get their undies in a knot trying to deny everyone a gender swap.

Good idea,They did do a easter event and gave the enemies bunny ears so I dont think its out of reach, maybe they could do holiday skin packs for weapons and even the "pets" that just came out. With the idea of the new "pet" masks that came out, a X-mas hat would be cool, a bunny tail for easter or even a turkey tail for thanksgiving. 

just bringing smal ideas.

As a holiday-only thing? Sure, maybe.

As a permanent thing? No thanks. There's "Hah, that rhino is hot pink" and there's "Everyone is permanently dressed up like an idiot". The latter is worse, by the way.

Welcome to online games, enjoy your stay.

Having moderated a game where players could literally upload their own textures, I've seen a lot of questionable designs.

Anyways, I'm not normally big on the whole "o no my imersions" argument, but I do think there's a certain amount of seriousness that needs to be maintained. Again, I'm totally cool with these sorts of things being available only on specific days (Everything turns into potatoes on Warframe's launch anniversary?), but constant availability is a bit iffy to me.

Edited by Thor

Having moderated a game where players could literally upload their own textures, I've seen a lot of questionable designs.

Anyways, I'm not normally big on the whole "o no my imersions" argument, but I do think there's a certain amount of seriousness that needs to be maintained. Again, I'm totally cool with these sorts of things being available only on specific days (Everything turns into potatoes on Warframe's launch anniversary?), but constant availability is a bit iffy to me.

Then... don't play around non-serious people? It is a game.

I don't know of any game that takes all of your event stuff away from you...

Edited by FatalX7

Then... don't play around non-serious people? It is a game.

I don't know of any game that takes all of your event stuff away from you...

I realize TF2 is not exactly the greatest example, but even it has holiday-only hats.

Edited by Thor

TF2 is hats. TF2 can have as much temporary crap as it wants, because when it's gone, you've got crap-tons of other crap to replace it.

Hence my acknowledgement that it wasn't the best example - but you asked for an example of a game with temporary stuff and I provided one.

Regardless, we're probably going to have to just agree to disagree here. I think both of our opinions are valid and we're probably not changing them anytime soon. In the end it's up to how much silliness DE is willing to introduce.

Edited by Thor

Skins change the look not the abilities of a weapon. Adding things like mind control to a weapon should be a whole new weapon...( although I don't think they should ever add weapons like that )

Changing bullets into peanuts or arrows into hearts that don't actually change any stats is what skis should be ( assuming you want goofy skins at all )

Skins change the look not the abilities of a weapon. Adding things like mind control to a weapon should be a whole new weapon...( although I don't think they should ever add weapons like that )

Changing bullets into peanuts or arrows into hearts that don't actually change any stats is what skis should be ( assuming you want goofy skins at all )

If you look at at the skins in game there are a few that DO change things on the weapon. One of the melee weapons has a swing speed increase added by the skin.

... I'd say a gag skin would be impossible

well then this happened in LoL

battle_bunny_riven_by_knockwurst-d5o2n8u

All you posted was the single most highly suggested skin in LoL's recent history.

That was also not NEARLY the first gag skin. They had Kitty Kat Katarina and even a Mario themed Koopah skin for Rammus.

Just saying broski.

Edited by Blatantfool

Also I'd pay for a Skana skin that looks like one of those really cheaply made Power Ranger's Power Swords.

You know the type, plenty of kids grew up with the commercials, with little blinking light and it would make 'SWOOSH' noises when you swung it.

Same thing for the Skana and Dual Skana - but it HAS to make the really cheap toy sound 'swoosh' when you swing.

make the boltor fire pencils. hek fires confetti, rollers turn into pinatas (little rainbow horsies!), turn the vipers into silly string cans, make the gorgon shoot high velocity bubbles and have the lex shoot small fireworks. as long as it wasnt permanent, id be all over that. (sillyness in moderation)