Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndate Hunters

Petersheikah

I recently saw a video (the autor is Quiette Shy) where the player ecountered a hunter team of the enemy Syndacate. While it was clearly challenging and hard to kilk them, I felt a bit bad seeing that they were just regular enemies.

Then I had an idea. What if the Hunters were the players?

Let me explain:

I, player A, am in the New Loka Syndacate. I open my Syndacate Menu and I see a random player B with low reputation with the New Loka. I click on the mission and I appear to kill him, just like the Stalker. If I've succesfully killed Player B, I'll receive a nice amount of Reputation (something like 500-1000 points, maybe?) and the "Mission Complete" screen pops out. If I got killed, then I fail the mission and maybe get a negative bonus.

Obviously the more players are in the session, the more the hunter is strong, 'cause it's super easy to get rekt by Rhino, Nova, Valkyr with Boltor Prime/Soma or other OP gear. And there could be Conclave Level restrictions too.

That'd be cool imo, and could mix a bit PvP and PvE, that are completely different things atm.

What do you guys think?

Forcing PvP on players? YAre  you asking for a scolding boy?

I'm not "Forcing" anything. I only think that it could be cool if we could have different interactions with players, at the moment we share with the other players only the Alert Missions, and the Syndacates are based just on one person, not on a group like in the regular missions.

Obviously the PvP should be balanced first

"TENNO! QUICK! HIDE! THERE IS A RED VEIL HIDSQUAD COMING!"

"Tenno? TENNO!"

'Damnit, couldn't you say that a bit faster? I died already from the insta-penta to the face! And then they teabagged me!'

yeaaaaa no. Not a good idea. It's so horribly imbalanced in terms of PvP (since the weapons are mostly balanced for PvE).

Not to mention a 'hunter' would probably take his best stuff possible. A player who is being hunted might just be sporting his stuff he needs to level.

the only way to balance it would be to force a preset upon the hunter (frame X, with those mods, weapons G, K and Z, with those and those mods), but even then it would be unbalanced, just like how unbalanced stalker / G3 encounters are.

Edited by Alighierian

"TENNO! QUICK! HIDE! THERE IS A RED VEIL HIDSQUAD COMING!"

"Tenno? TENNO!"

'Damnit, couldn't you say that a bit faster? I died already from the insta-penta to the face! And then they teabagged me!'

yeaaaaa no. Not a good idea. It's so horribly imbalanced in terms of PvP (since the weapons are mostly balanced for PvE).

Not to mention a 'hunter' would probably take his best stuff possible. A player who is being hunted might just be sporting his stuff he needs to level.

I said that there could be Conclave Level Restrictions, also, the Hunted Player has 3 Allies with him.

What if the Conclave Damage Reduction was only applied on the Hunter's weapons, while the hunted player plays with his regular stats?

I saw the vid too, Was just a bunch of Ancients all glowing red :)

Thought that was a bit cheap too :)

I also think it would be cool if you could accept mercanary missions from your syndicate directly,, which puts you on a hunt team :) 

Edited by Veemaxt

I said that there could be Conclave Level Restrictions, also, the Hunted Player has 3 Allies with him.

What if the Conclave Damage Reduction was only applied on the Hunter's weapons, while the hunted player plays with his regular stats?

Just saying not everyone always run in squads of 4. Also I would prefer to have unique enemies rather than having players being able to pop in and kill you.

I'm not "Forcing" anything. I only think that it could be cool if we could have different interactions with players, at the moment we share with the other players only the Alert Missions, and the Syndacates are based just on one person, not on a group like in the regular missions.

Obviously the PvP should be balanced first

Hmm. I may have misunderstood your statement. Regardless, trying to throw in PvPE for a PvE ortion of the game is not something I would agree with

Edited by Somedude1000