Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Real Revolver... .500 Snw

Netheroc

It feels like you're reaching for something very specific, the Lex and Marelok both fill the roles you describe but you dislike them simply because they're not revolvers. Action type for semi-auto pistols in game is entirely an aesthetic thing so it is a bit nit-picky, not that aesthetics are entirely irrelevant. I refuse to get the Quanta because it looks like a coat hanger.

And to the point for the "marksman pistol" class we are pretty limited we've got the Marelok and Lex/Prime. Seer is also there I suppose but that's more of a collector's item as the projectile travel time really hurts it's capability at range. So yes, why not have a nice sniper pistol revolver?

That said in the mean time I'd recommend giving the Marelok or Lex (or better yet the Prime) a try, if you can get over them not being revolvers they might just be what you're looking for. 

Well, we could say the opposite with Borderlands 2: Revolvers are rather inaccurate (with its rather high recoil and sway), but they hit hard (and really hard at times too). 

I feel Borderlands 1 handles revolvers alot better. Fire rate dependant on the chamber size, sometimes only two bullet chambers, extremly hard hitting, and sniper substitutes. That's what a revolver should be. Well, I feel, at least. It's all relative, really, but I had more fun shooting revolvers in Borderlands 1 than 2. Something about fanning the hammer is just not as apealing.

It feels like you're reaching for something very specific, the Lex and Marelok both fill the roles you describe but you dislike them simply because they're not revolvers. Action type for semi-auto pistols in game is entirely an aesthetic thing so it is a bit nit-picky, not that aesthetics are entirely irrelevant. I refuse to get the Quanta because it looks like a coat hanger.

And to the point for the "marksman pistol" class we are pretty limited we've got the Marelok and Lex/Prime. Seer is also there I suppose but that's more of a collector's item as the projectile travel time really hurts it's capability at range. So yes, why not have a nice sniper pistol revolver?

That said in the mean time I'd recommend giving the Marelok or Lex (or better yet the Prime) a try, if you can get over them not being revolvers they might just be what you're looking for. 

No, i dont dislike them. I have both, i played with all variants of the Lex. I appreciate them, my problem is, everytime i look at my secondary weapon rack in search for an accurate pistol, i only ever come by said 2 weapons, and playing with those over and over again has the habit of making them really boring. We have a good amount of accurate primaries, so i request some more accurate secondaries to go with the (hopefully soon) upcoming shotgun buffs they promised.

Wow. If you cannot be assed to read 4!! lines of text, get out of the forums. Most TL;DRs of bigger OPs are more than 4 lines.

We don't much appreciate this kind of attitude around ere'............. 

That said, use LEX. There's your weapon. Although I am all for more revolvers. 

Edited by TwiceDead

i played with all variants of the Lex. I appreciate them, my problem is, everytime i look at my secondary weapon rack in search for an accurate pistol, i only ever come by said 2 weapons, and playing with those over and over again has the habit of making them really boring.

i played with all variants of the Lex. I appreciate them, my problem is, everytime i look at my secondary weapon rack in search for an accurate pistol, i only ever come by said 2 weapons, and playing with those over and over again has the habit of making them really boring.

I don't really see how giving a gun a different model suddenly makes it oodles of fun.

Fair point. I'm all for more hard hitting accurate weapons, as long as it doesn't reek of powercreep. CaveCricket did raise a good point though, how to differentiate it from the other two guns except for a different model. 

Edited by TwiceDead

yeah, having more long range secondaries would be nice. we've got maybe 3 or 4 right now (lex, lex prime, marelok, and possibly some that i forgot about) and only one of the 3 i mentioned is really accessible for newer players. plus, i like having a pistol with a decent bit of bang in it. it's fun :P

also, as Pewpewfighter said, having a heavy pistol when using a shotgun would be nice. i'm tired of getting shot halfway to hell and back just so i can get into a range where i can hit the baddies.

I'm actually liking this idea. Currently there are no secondaries in the game with a scope. I'm thinking a handcannon focused on high crit, moderate damage, precision shots. I don't care what the gun would look like, but give it a mid-long range scope and I think it would be cool.

Base Stat Thoughts:

Fire rate: 1.0-2.0 sounds pretty good.

Damage: ~50

Crit Chance: ~30% (somewhere that with maxed mods gets you close to 100%)

Crit Damage: 3-4x? (not sure about this one due to not knowing what pistol crit damage mods add)

Magazine: 4-5

Reload: ~2.0

I'm actually liking this idea. Currently there are no secondaries in the game with a scope. I'm thinking a handcannon focused on high crit, moderate damage, precision shots. I don't care what the gun would look like, but give it a mid-long range scope and I think it would be cool.

Base Stat Thoughts:

Fire rate: 1.0-2.0 sounds pretty good.

Damage: ~50

Crit Chance: ~30% (somewhere that with maxed mods gets you close to 100%)

Crit Damage: 3-4x? (not sure about this one due to not knowing what pistol crit damage mods add)

Magazine: 4-5

Reload: ~2.0

Modded crit chance should be able to hit 100% or higher if it's gonna be a sniper. Maybe a bit more raw damage since pistol crit mods aren't as strong as rifle crit mods, and its average damage per shot unmodded is still lowered than a Marelok. Other than that I like.

Modded crit chance should be able to hit 100% or higher if it's gonna be a sniper. Maybe a bit more raw damage since pistol crit mods aren't as strong as rifle crit mods, and its average damage per shot unmodded is still lowered than a Marelok. Other than that I like.

Painful reminder of how DE refuses to give sniper rifles consistent damage :'(

OP: Don't use archetypical names (Revolver) for weapons when requesting them, like you did in the title. All that does is make people argue over what a Revolver "should be".

Instead, only use what you wrote in your first post:

"I want a sidearm with a slow fire rate, insane damage per shot, pinpoint accuracy, and a 5 round magazine. It should have an intimidating sound and visual feedback on impact so it feels powerful when combined with the slow fire rate."

It sounds like what you want is a much louder, much stronger Lex, that shakes the screen to emphasize its power.

It feels like you're reaching for something very specific, the Lex and Marelok both fill the roles you describe but you dislike them simply because they're not revolvers.

Yeah, and it's a problem I see in most posts asking for new weapons. People want something added exactly the way they think it should work and look like, with no wiggle room for discussion.

Edited by DarkTails

A S&W .500 is a terrible weapon in real life. It's nothing more than a show piece.

90% of the weapons in the game are merely show-pieces. That's kind of the point of this game and some video games in general. Only simulators design all their weaponry to look completely practical. 

Thanks for pointing that out, but Marelok comes from Mares leg, which is a sawn off Winchester.

Or the Obrez.

One which saw somewhat widespread use at one time.

I wouldn't really consider the Marelok to be a slow-firing heavy-hitter, because it's quite the opposite of slow-firing. xD

It has a RoF of only 2, how is that not slow-firing?

Especially since we can now slap that new corrupted pistol mod on it.

Edited by UncommonUnicorn

I believe that. 

Bob Munden convinced me. 

Well yeah, i know him, but if he used a .500 SnW with that technique, his hands would fall off. The recoil is way too much for a fast fire rate. If you try firing at maximum rate a .500 SnW would be capable of, youd shoot yourself like that poor woman. Just google .500 SnW suicide and youll read. Also a c0ck'n'shoot (c0ck is indeed the right term for pulling the hammer back and rearm the weapon) animation would be very nice for such a weapon.

Edited by Netheroc