The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allows Us To Use Archwing' Melee & Guns In Normal (Non-Space) Gameplay?

low1991

as per title say.

i understand some weapon like Ignis cant be used in space. and hence "archwing melee & guns"

but... cant we bring archwing' guns & melee into normal gameplay??

example: Soma on grounded mission fires bullets...

Imperator in space fires bullets as well.

same for the archwing' melee & normal gameplay melee.

I understand bring archwing itself to normal mission like infested survival is overkill. (they cant reach you, isn't that's why ancient got grabbing hocks? and soon-to-be-alife further toxic infested?)

Edit: 

maybe a slight penalty in accuracy or attack speed when using archwing' guns or melee in a gravity area

Using Imperator on a grounded area with IS would seems like a badass terminator.

Edited by low1991

No, i don't think this will happen.

Edit: Weapons are to big/heavy to be carried in gravity.

But, Why not at least Rhino though? I mean, he's suppose to be this super heavy battle tank, why not give him super heavy battle tank guns?

... have you seen the size of the Onorix?

Nope.

i only know the sword is about 2x the size of grounded Axe (4get name)

No, i don't think this will happen.

Edit: Weapons are to big/heavy to be carried in gravity.

I prefer having heavy melee for Cleaving Whirlwind

Do weight really matter much in this game? if so, why aren't we receiving fall-damage if were to drop off from high ground. (using logic to compare with logic)

Dude the melee sword discription says it is so heavly it can only be lifted in the weightlessness of space no warframe could lift it

how heavy can it be?

heavier than a wide area rhino stomp?

@homiedudemanguy

OP?

only if compare base-stats it's OP, but with fully modded, grounded weapon are more OP than archwing' melee & guns.

Imperator with 40 base dmg + 60% (max dmg) and a base ROF of 16.7, DPS = 1068.8

Gorgon with 23 base dmg +165% x2 (both max) and a base ROF of 12.5, DPS = 1236.25

Both fires bullets...

by using this assumption of: we compare with what we have atm.

Non-space weaponary are more OP than Archwing' Guns.

As for Archwing Melee, i cant find a comparison unless use stances.

Edited by low1991

Look at your Warframe when you're holding the Imperator. You have it strapped to your right arm and you need a foregrip to stabilize it. I imagine without the Archwing to provide stability against recoil the thing would knock you over.

Same thing with the melee. They're easily the same size if not larger than the Galatine and you swing them around one handed. In order to cut through starship grade plating they'd need to be ridiculously sharp and likely quite dense too.

Even if Rhino was strong enough to use them in a gravity environment he'd likely be the only one, which would lock everyone else out of using the weapons. Frame-locking weapons basically goes a huge part of the game and is a bad idea.

Now smaller versions of the Archwing weapons would be cool, but I don't think they're different enough from what we already have to be worth it, not to mention that Imperator's infinite ammo would be op as all hell.

Look at your Warframe when you're holding the Imperator. You have it strapped to your right arm and you need a foregrip to stabilize it. I imagine without the Archwing to provide stability against recoil the thing would knock you over.

Same thing with the melee. They're easily the same size if not larger than the Galatine and you swing them around one handed. In order to cut through starship grade plating they'd need to be ridiculously sharp and likely quite dense too.

Even if Rhino was strong enough to use them in a gravity environment he'd likely be the only one, which would lock everyone else out of using the weapons. Frame-locking weapons basically goes a huge part of the game and is a bad idea.

Now smaller versions of the Archwing weapons would be cool, but I don't think they're different enough from what we already have to be worth it, not to mention that Imperator's infinite ammo would be op as all hell.

1) Hey look! my braton MK-1 need a foregrip to stabilize! *waiting for a weapon which need to be strapped to my right arm now*

2) we can actually hold the archwing melee 2-handed this time. for logic. (I'm quite sure that our frame should be able to handle the impact otherwise the suit/frame might break on each swing... the rule of momentum ?)

3) ... some logic should be locked out from the game... (do our frame need toliet break?)

4) maybe when on gravity-area imperator wornt have it' infinite ammo? cuz archwing provide ammo? like how it's providing us with oxygen to survive in space now. (make senses?) 

Heavy? Maybe not, but it would be extremely awkward to carry and swing. One has to take lever physics into account.

Heavy weapons takes in no physics in gravity area. (hammer + galatine etc)

Edited by low1991