Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic/open] 57

HunterHog

Valkros shook his head at Evangeline's comment and followed after her. Left. He didn't have a problem with going left. After all, that was the direction even his gut was telling him to head in.

"Heavy lifting huh?" Valkros began to mention. "Too much trouble for the Queen of Magnets to bother with i'm assuming..." He chuckled to himself before pacing up beside her. "Sure, sure though... I've got you covered there if that's the case..."

He continued along, his footsteps echoing through the Tower halls. The Volt glanced over at the Mag. "Correct me if i'm wrong... but that Ash back there said your name was Evangeline right?"

Edited by Spybuster

"Left." Evangeline had said. Miss Draylon glanced over at the two passing by into the left door, and she had bared a smile as they conversed between one another.

Soon averting her gaze to Kael then looking back ahead, she began to follow in the Mag and Volt's footsteps, trotting alongside the Volt shortly after. The clicking of her high-heel styled feet informed the two of her oncoming presence.

"Well, it looks like you too are getting along nicely," She trilled, "That's sweet." Her right hand went to holster her Stug, her eyes dancing about the 'left' room.

Edited by Y0she

Valkros shook his head at Evangeline's comment and followed after her. Left. He didn't have a problem with going left. After all, that was the direction even his gut was telling him to head in.

"Heavy lifting huh?" Valkros began to mention. "Too much trouble for the Queen of Magnets to bother with i'm assuming..." He chuckled to himself before pacing up beside her. "Sure, sure though... I've got you covered there if that's the case..."

He continued along, his footsteps echoing through the Tower halls. The Volt glanced over at the Mag. "Correct me if i'm wrong... but that Ash back there said your name was Evangeline right?"

"That is my name, and the heavy lifting was a figure of speech, you'll only need to protect me while I gather stuff to sell." She chuckled, stopping to raise a hand, lifting all the assorted decorative urns.(Think of those little containers you smash in order to get energy and stuff.) Also pulling out every other light source, proceeding to bring it to herself and place the merchandise on the ground, she whistled, and something like a hyena stepped into the room, it's guns disabled, replaced with a cargo spot on it's back, where she placed the items and watched it walk away.

"Left." Evangeline had said. Miss Draylon glanced over at the two passing by into the left door, and she had bared a smile as they conversed between one another.

Soon averting her gaze to Kael then looking back ahead, she began to follow in the Mag and Volt's footsteps, trotting alongside the Volt shortly after. The clicking of her high-heel styled feet informed the two of her oncoming presence.

"Well, it looks like you too are getting along nicely," She trilled, "That's sweet." Her right hand went to holster her Stug, her eyes dancing about the 'left' room.

Evangeline smiled,

"Quite, but I thought the point of us splitting up was to cover more ground, I was thinking you and Kael would go right." She speculated, tapping the chin of her helm.

"Yeah. Aren't WE going right? Come on, let's go!" He said as he pointed down the balcony to the right side of the immense hallway, were a second side balcony stood with 2 doors. "When we're done with with both sides, we can go check out ahead." In front of them was a massive doorway, with a huge pathway leading to it. In the center of the paved pathway, in the center of the hallway was a floor medallion with various, strange, symbols. "Hmm. I wonder what that is..."

Edited by HunterHog

Valkros nodded. Protection was something he could do. He observed Evangeline as she went about gathering bits and bobbles from the room, keeping on alert for the slightest odd sound. It hadn't been long before he heard something else, the sound of heels tapping against the Orokin floors. Said sound was soon followed by a familiar voice. Saryn's voice.

He stared at the Saryn for a moment. He seemed as if he wanted to object her statement, a rapid flickering of lightning taking place. However the flickering soon came to a stop as he stood there and sighed. "Right... 'we're getting along.'" The Volt tilted his head for a moment before glancing back over at the Saryn. "Wait a minute... I thought we were splitting up. What brings you over here then?" He took another quick glance around the room, scanning for danger just in case.

The Saryn sighed, hunched her shoulders and slowly began walking backwards, her heels clicking again.

"Rewind..." She said in a dull tone, following the Ash with backwards movements.

Soon spinning on her heels and facing the right way after they were out of the Mag and Volt's line of sight, she strolled alongside the Ash as they went along the Tower's second floor.

Draylon stopped as the Ash pondered on something he saw and she glanced over to what see what he was looking at.

"I don't want to know, to be honest." She said; boredom implemented into her usually trilled voice.

"Oh come on, you're not genuinely mad for us not being with them? If you're going to throw a fit, I guess we can go with them, but it'll take us twice as much time to check out both sides since we'll only investigate one at a time. If you're okay with that, I guess we can go. I'd normally do this alone anyway." He shrugged. "Fine. Let's go, I guess."

The Hyena on it's way, she dusted her hands off, as if a speck of dirt had gotten on them, and looked around the room, determining she'd gotten everything and walked ahead,

"You'd be surprised what the corpus high ups will pay for orokin furniture, they see the Orokin almost as highly as they see their god called profit." She chuckled, heading into the next, drawing the cylinder of magnetic dust and holding it loosely in her left hand as she poked her head into the room.

"Oh come on, you're not genuinely mad for us not being with them? If you're going to throw a fit, I guess we can go with them, but it'll take us twice as much time to check out both sides since we'll only investigate one at a time. If you're okay with that, I guess we can go. I'd normally do this alone anyway." He shrugged. "Fine. Let's go, I guess."

The Saryn halted in her current movements, then looked at the Ash.

"Sorry, what? When do you recall me saying I was angry?" She said bluntly, her arms folding tightly at her abdomen and sharing an unhappy stare towards Kael. 

She sighed, "Okay, I'm a little bored out right now and I wanted conversation with the other people, is all, but I'm not in any way angry. Don't go assuming things about other people Kael, otherwise you probably will make them angry." Draylon warned, her arms eventually relaxing by her sides.

He sighed.

"Alright...Alright. We can go with 'em. That's okay. I'm sorry, I'm sor-" A large thud is heard, followed by an immense creaking sound, which stops soon after.

"What the hell...? Alright, maybe it is a good idea to stick together."

He sighed.

"Alright...Alright. We can go with 'em. That's okay. I'm sorry, I'm sor-" A large thud is heard, followed by an immense creaking sound, which stops soon after.

"What the hell...? Alright, maybe it is a good idea to stick together."

The large thud phased past the Saryn's expression for the moment, still going on. "I never recall saying I wanted to-.. ugh, never mind." Now she glanced about for the thud's location,

"I really, don't want to know what that was, either." She wavered her right hand in the air in dismissal.

((So what's in the next room? Can't go inside til I know, and the thump is also something I'm I'll-informed about))

((It's just a big corridor with a door at the end, but it has some circuits and ornaments on the sides, some holographic trees, etc. It's well furnished. Also the thump is something everyone is supposedly misinformed about. It'll be explained in time and should provide some fun stuff. Gonna open OOC thread now for the sake of these types of discussions))

((K))

Evangeline hurriedly straightened and stepped into the room, a thought occurring to her so as to how she must've looked from the back, she looked around the room, figuring she had enough of the furniture, but took one of the holographic tree projectors, sending it off with the Hyena and inspecting the walls of the room.

"Not much in here, let's keep moving." She called to Valkros, "Didn't quite catch your name." She added as an afterthought, proceeding to the Sorr as she heard a thump echoing from the walls, "Oh goodness, I bet they're tearing the walls down." She said, shaking her head and ending it with a facepalm, looking back at the Volt for an answer.

The Saryn and Ash made their way into an fairly large room.

The room simply consisted of a balcony, which they stood on, and a big lake below. Opposite the balcony faced a large waterfall which splashed into the lake with a constant wooshing sound. It was more of a peaceful spot for meditation or relaxing at a nice view.

The balcony had a glowery white tree in the center of it, and on each side of the tree were ornate, gold-trimmed benches. Miss Draylon, the Saryn, glanced about in petty awe then brought herself to the railing of the balcony to peer at the lake.

"This is beautiful." Draylon commented, smiling brightly behind the helmet as she held onto the railing and peered at the seemingly pristine waters below.

Edited by Y0she

"Yeah..If I was to go into a cryopod again it'd be in a place like this, no doubt." He stared in awe at the view.

"Mmhm." The Saryn said under her breath, her gaze fixating on the view. Draylon's fingertips tapped on the railing, then she glanced at it.

She smiled wickedly and channeled a wad of energy unto the railing, faint signs of corrosion happening rapidly where her palms were placed.

Her smile still existant, she glanced back up at the view.

Valkros followed after Evangeline. "Valkros." He replied to her question. He too had heard a rather distant yet loud thump and wondered what it could have been. "I doubt it was them... I mean how much structural damage could a Saryn and an Ash do in such short notice?" He chuckled and shook his head. "No... it was probably machinery of some sorts, but knowing these towers, probably not the helpful kind of machinery either."

He paced up alongside her before he decided to speak once more. "So you do business with the 'Bucket-Heads'? I try to avoid them when I can to be honest, but I still manage to cross them from time to time. Unfortunately though for them that i'm usually there to do business they might not agree too..." He patted the hilt of his Nikana to further state his point.

Edited by Spybuster

"It's for my son, of course, after a second generation, my grandfather's blood takes on quite a volatile attribute, it requires a very certain DNA stabilizer, one that must be spliced from the blood of hundreds of humans at once, and it has to differ each time, I don't have the capacity to traffick so many slaves, but the corpus are willing to do the splicing for me, and in return, I pay for it, my son's blood has nearly been permanently stabilized, I hope that this job will be the last one I have to pour into his sake, after that, I can work for both of us easily, ubfortunately, their demands are growing, steadily, and they've got me under their thumb, if this job doesn't pay off, I stand to lose my son's life. I still am on the side of the lotus, but I've got little space between a rock and a hard place." She said, chuckling grimly at her final sentence.

It was easy to forget children were wrapped up in this worlds mess sometimes. When you spent more times in enemy territory instead of being closer to home, it was just something Valkros didn't think about. He felt sorry for Evangeline's case, but at the same time he partly wondered why she would go through so much trouble for just one person, even if it was her son. 

"I wasn't questioning your loyalty, just..." Valkros said with a sigh. "I'm... sorry to hear that Evangeline." He reached out to place a hand on her shoulder, a light, but weak shock travelling to her as he does so. "I can't say I've been through a similar situation, but I believe we have a plenty more rooms to see, and there will no doubt be enough items to please your greedy friends. However if they aren't pleased... just contact the Red Veil or me... Then we'll set things straight." He patted her shoulder, giving her a reassuring nod.