Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beta?...

DaedalusDragon

This right here encapsulates my problem with DE's development process, but maybe not for the obvious reason.

Everyone has something they like or don't like. If you asked 10 people what the biggest problem with the game was, you'd get 10 answers. Me, I'm happy with some of the items on that list, and have others I'd rather they work on. 

DE tries to please everyone, and ends up pleasing no one. They are one of the few devs out there that really responds to what their community wants, and that's great. But it's left them in kind of a weird spot, where things like Focus are so impossibly over-hyped that `everything else pales in comparison, and every change alienates someone who thought they'd get their way.

True, everyone has different opinions on different aspects of the game... but the above things are actually things that hordes of players complained about at various times over the course of development (at least I can't deny dozens of threads that either appeared at a release or that keep on being brought up all the time) and they either went by unnoticed or when they got spoken about on the devstreams:

• Sometimes they were acting like little children that can't take critique. Especially on the damage/balancing issue. Oh boy that one was ugly to watch and made me facepalm.
  • "Nope; not an issue for us"... yeah because they don't really have to stand through some of the issues on the way to get somewhere in this game because they are only creating this game but not really have to go through all the madness they consider being "fun".
  • "We will have a look into it in a month or two but we will leave it for now"... because they know in a month or two many people have become either "Meh" or "Arrrrghh! To hell with them if they are not going to fix it" stopping to complain because there's no point to give feedback on something they obviously don't want any feedback on. This Friday's livestream was a prime example for that when spoken about Archwing. They could as well have said "Deal with it you suckers!" because that would have summed up the attitude, especially when they were mockingly laughing about the Uranus balancing issue.

That 10 people will give different answers is true... but that's also because all 10 of them are right at the same time most of the time. Most of them are also about the same thing anyways but in a different flavor or from a different point of view. Most of the things are connected or at least related to each other, one problem leading into another.

So coming back to it... DE trying to please everyone is an issue, yes. But I would wonder if something like the upcoming Focus system is something more than additional grind because lately the same old scheme is breaking through, no matter the amount of "good" feedback threads.

Wow.  Finally, someone mapped it all out.  Well said.  Thank you very much.

Very insightful too.  Makes a great deal of sense.  Many well-made points.

I just wonder if DE will read this one.

Maybe they will read it, but I would wonder if it has any greater effect and doesn't end up with me getting a warning point and/or gets the thread closed altogether because of the "inflammatory" aspect.

Edited by MeduSalem

The game is free. Why complain. Have a problem getting mods. Play the game. I never buy mods from people. People sell mods cause they farm them. And paying for stuff is just merely for convenience to get everything now instead of "Hurry up and Wait." It's not a big deal if there is a "Open Beta" label on the title. Just pretend it's not there and continue playing as if nothing ever happened.

After all Ninjas play free!

Having this game in beta or not in beta doesn't really affect me playing the game, so I don't care about it either way.

The only thing I expect from differently is that there's going to be a lot more drastic changes (and bugs) than usual; like the recent ability changes.

I don't think having the game in beta excuses everything (North Wind only having 60% damage is completely unacceptable no matter how you debate it), but I can see why the devs wouldn't call this game finished yet.