Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Noob

Just ignore the people calling you a noob for being MR4, if you're happy with your playstyle, weapons and warframe then that is what makes the game enjoyable for you.

MR4 isn't even that bad, personally I would stay at MR8 if I wasn't collecting everything in the game due to the fact that everything unlocks by then and if you don't want to use loadouts.

Mastery Rank usually tied to Time played. While this is not a direct relation - You can be Mastery Rank 2 used only starter weapons and played 9000 hours.

But that type of cases are extremely rare. So I often judge a player's ability with Mastery Rank.

One thing for sure though, the higher rank you are, meaning you've at least, and hopefully got the gist of every game mechanic and weapon / items in the game, which is a direct relation to your experience towards the game itself.

Aside from that.

OP why do you care what others think?

If someone in your team obviously knows better than you, then be humble and follow / listen. You might actually learn a thing or two.

If they're not, and just big mouthing, then there isn't a reason for you to care.

OK LETS PUT THIS STRAIT I AM MASTERY RANK 6, I was using something about people calling me a noob when i was mastery 4

dang I had a sentinel at mastery rank 0

Alrighty, we have some problem here...

You can't have a Sentinel at Mastery Rank 0... Maybe Rank 0, but Mastery is a specific characteristic of the Tenno (Not even of the Frame...)

Now since when are you playing? Are you Rank 6 with your frame or you have leveled more than one frame and some weapons to 30?

I remember a time before the conclave was nerfed that would test a player's skill against other players in pvp combat, the conclaves allowed you to test out your knowledge of mods, frame abilities, parkour skills, defense and how good a shot you are. I was mastery 11 at the time (16 now) and was called a noob by players ranging from mastery 5 to 10 when they repeatedly had their way with me the first few times I played.

After a few months of practice and research I was on my way to racking up over 3000 kills with 900 (or so) deaths, after this experience I realized that the conclaves paved the way for me to becoming a better player and being called a noob was the best thing that happened.

I hate the word noob (or newb, or any version), and using it makes anyone sound like an idiot. Idgaf what mastery rank you are or justification as to why you use any version of it (oh newb isnt bad, etc.), I dont use it and I discourage my clan members from use of the word. Its derogatory and only serves to show the immaturity of the person using it.

Edited by Echoa

Wait, what's wrong with Ash?

Nothing I presume, I just don't play that frame myself. I mostly wrote it for the lulz. ;3

That gif is glorious *-*

I read it in catbugs voice :3

Thanks bruh. ^3^

You got all the time in world to get all the prime stuff  your only mastery r4  takes long time to farm all the prime stuff  ..Don't let the them get to you .

High mastery rank with low Hours means skill less players that bought there way up to high rank..And Also almost all the best stuff in this game is not prime stuff  

How does "High MR + Low Hours = Less skill? *confuzzed*

Having boosters and ranking S#&$ up ain't hard, even if you don't... Oh, oh I see. Well sir/madame... what would you consider "low hours + high MR"?

I'm just having difficulties getting this equation right.

I AM MASTERY RANK 6

It's okay to be MR4 too.

OT:

2_zpse17o5x1j.gif

I get called a "noob" by a lot of players with full prime this and full prime that cause I don't use prime weapons. Yet still, I am the one that revives them, I'm still the one that blows their kill counts out of the water and I didn't need my "end game" Prime weapons setup to do it lol. I just think some players rushed to get to this "end game" stage and now are bitter and yelling "noob" is the only thing that gets their frames out of bed lol. My biggest thing is I get the Prime parts to make them, but end up selling them. I'll get around to building them for the mastery ranking, but Prime is not needed to be good at this game, just makes you look better lol.

Edited by L8T3R

there is no reason to judge anyone by mastery rank, my brother for example plays the game for quite some time but only has excalibur, orthos and braton, all are pimp 4 forma items, he is low mastery rank, only enough to get orthos, but he can easily do 30 minutes in void survivals solo. Meanwhile I have seen MR 12-16 players with all pimp prime gear, armor, syandanas, and they totally suck salt of grineer balls, I have seen one MR12 player kill in total of 10 grineer, doing 2% damage while I kept reviving him and disarming every grineer on the map with loki...

Literally the only thing seperating a player of high mastery rank and obtaining prime items is time spent playing the game...  It's not a big deal to be a "noob" in this game.  Ranking literally just means you spent more time (and sometimes, more plat) on the game, nothing else.  A game like CS GO, on the other hand, has a bit more meaning in rating (you can definitively say a ME player is better than a Silver player in skill). 

So yeah, you haven't spent a lot of time in the game, so what?  Those people who called you a noob with a malicious intent are probably not worth playing with anyway.

Just ignore them, the worst thing you can do is add fuel to the stupidness (don't think that's a word)

Come to think of it, if you equip your loki you could always spam the switch teleport on them (so annoying), won't stop the harassment but at least you get to have your small piece of fun with them

Frankly, I've met some people who were mastery rank 2-3 who knew what they were doing. Your mastery rank only accounts for new weapons. Suppose if someone stuck with only a few frames and a few guns, but stuck with them for a while, he could be as good as an MR11-MR12 despite being MR4-5

Nothing I presume, I just don't play that frame myself. I mostly wrote it for the lulz. ;3

Thanks bruh. ^3^

How does "High MR + Low Hours = Less skill? *confuzzed*

Having boosters and ranking S#&$ up ain't hard, even if you don't... Oh, oh I see. Well sir/madame... what would you consider "low hours + high MR"?

I'm just having difficulties getting this equation right.

It's okay to be MR4 too.

OT:

2_zpse17o5x1j.gif

LOL

Well, as an Ash player, this is the first time that someone call an Ash player a noob, i could agree if someone call a Rhino player a noob. Actually, there are just a few Ash players, and people still complain about them?

Just because our Smoke Screen can't last 12 seconds? We can still revive you in those 8 seconds.

Shuriken isn't usefull at end-game? There are many abilities that are useless at end-game.

Teleport isn't a good ability? Switch Teleport is the same thing, and no one camplain about it.

Ash Players only spam their Ult. Ash's Ultimate is strong? Yes, but have you ever heard about Saryn's Miasma.

A Max Damage Miasma can easily deal 858.75 Corrosive Damage over a duration of 4 Seconds, plus Max Efficiency, you get the highest Damage ability, did i mention Mirage's Prism? 

250 Radiation damage for 12 seconds, 4 ticks per second, in other words, 1000 damage per second over a duration of 12 seconds (12k damage).

Edited by DarkLordX2

I feel kinda bad for saying this, but as a mastery 17 player, Mastery 4 kind of is a noob.

That said, having no prime weapons does not mean you are a noob, it means that you have not put in the time/don't have the time/don't have the resources to get/make prime weapons. 

Pretty much this. I'm almost 18 and always run around with a flux rifle, brakk and dual ichors lol

First, don't let it get you down, calling someone a negative term speaks volumes more about how terrible they are over how you likely made 1 tiny lil mistake or didn't fit into their "plan".

It's a Game, enjoy it, do your thing and ignore them, having fun is the best revenge against them! Drives 'em mad! :3

AND WHATS WROUNG WITH ASH

Ash is a soloer frame, he doesn't contribute to the team at all and everything he can do can someone else do better, also he's associated with the red/black teenage stalker-wannabe edgemasters that spend every defense mission hallway heroing or any other mission on the other side of the map as the rest of the team.