Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Augmented Mod For Glaive

Khallisto

Yes, and its a BAD suggestion, and it has to be pointed out that people THAT ACTUALLY USE THE GLAIVE AND NOT "FIDDLE AROUND" WITH ONE, would think such a MOD a joke.

If DE did an Augmented Glaive MOD that was, IMHO, really bad, I'd tell them so, shake my head, and move on with my life.

If DE listened to players and THEN made a really bad MOD simply because no one else complained, it would be really, really annoying, so yea ...

BAD suggestion.

You are literally the most hostile member I've met on the Warframe forums.

It's not a "BAD suggestion". Nobody's forcing you to use the mod in the first place. I like this idea.

+1 OP

DSpite is correct in this, he's just saying it like a jackass. The point of weapon mods is to scale them up, not to add utility.

Yes, I'm being a jackass.

I've been using the Glaive almost exclusively from the start, against everything from missions to Alerts to the special events. No offense, but it's hell on earth, in general melee, to actually kill anything other then trash stuff, unless you pile a ton of modifiers via abilities, and even then, good luck with heavy units, especially if anything defending them is also nearby.

I have already been chased a handful of times by the Syndicate Extermination Troops. Ancients, by the way, and throwing a Glaive is like hitting them with a banana ... and people want to add a HARD to get mod to do what? Pick up loot? Yea, after I have thrown my Glaive 50 times at one Infested Assassin, I can throw it a 52nd time to pick up the loot they drop.

I'm not expecting a new mod to turn it into a killing machine, but for the love of god, let's not keep insisting in a mod that adds nothing useful at all. considering that every other mod on that list so far is a combat altering mod.

And anyway, it's not as if I thought for one second that DE would make a mod to pickup loot, I'm just pointing out how insane the notion is.

Edited by DSpite

You are literally the most hostile member I've met on the Warframe forums.

It's not a "BAD suggestion". Nobody's forcing you to use the mod in the first place. I like this idea.

+1 OP

The reason you like the idea is because you don't use a Glaive. Or common sense, apparently.

And anyway, it's not as if I thought for one second that DE would make a mod to pickup loot, I'm just pointing out how insane the notion is.

Insanity:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Greedy_Pull

I'm not expecting a new mod to turn it into a killing machine, but for the love of god, let's not keep insisting in a mod that adds nothing useful at all. considering that every other mod on that list so far is a combat altering mod.

You forgot the innate bonus added just for being a Syndicate mod:

Choose one (I would suggest New Loka).

Edited by Khallisto

Insanity:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Greedy_Pull

You forgot the innate bonus added just for being a Syndicate mod:

Choose one (I would suggest New Loka).

I find Greedy Pull deeply disappointing. Do hear me DE ??? Shame on you !!!

Adding an augmented mod that costs so much rep when it could be something better such as a combat mod doesn't really make sense to me; but I've always wanted the "pick up loot" function that appears in Dark Sector. My suggestion would be instead of adding an augment mod that does it, just give Glaive an innate "carrier vacuum" function when thrown. Small radius, picks up things that it passes close enough to, and gives them to you when it return. It just seems to be a waste of a mod space when as mentioned by others it would be faster to just run over to the stuff to pick it up.

"anyone who doesn't share my preferences is wrong"

Yea, because "Argumentum ad populum" is better, right?

Five out of six people agree that playing Russian roulette is PERFECTLY safe too.

Edited by DSpite

Kestrel does Impact damage plus ragdoll enemies when thrown (utility function).

Halikar does Puncture damage plus can home in on enemies and has a chance to disarm them (utility function).

Glaive does Slash damage and has no utility function.

Exactly. Glaive is built for damage, not utility.

Just for using a Syndicate augmented mod the Glaive already would receive a small AOE and 25% Health/Energy/Shield restore (btw, the restore function looks like utility to me and Kestrel already has an augmented mod).

Since you enjoy lists:

Increased Melee Damage and Truth. Jaw Sword

Increased Melee Damage and Purity. Skana

Increases Melee Damage and Justice. Dual Cleavers

Here's the one you're probably having confusion with:

Increases Flight Speed and Entropy. Kestrel

Kestrel was given flight speed because it's main purpose is utility (as we've both agreed upon). What's the best way to augment utility? More utility! What's the best way to augment pure damage weapons? More damage!