The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Is It Possible For Us To Get Some 3D Models? :d

Cowhawk

I am currently a computer games development student, and so anything i make i don't do for money,

but i would love to get some models from Warframe in my final year project.

A few google searches and such, and nothing has come up, i would love to get some of the actual models rather than some of the terrible ones i've found online. 

Thanks DE, 

keep up all the hotfixes!

you're doing great. 

Cowhawk

Access to the models for like SFM would be awesome (if that's not already a thing, my understand is it's only Gmod). If we had those, I'd definitely consider buying SFM and making the Warframe version of the Avengers 2 trailer with it.

Warframe 2: Age of Grineer

SFM Workshop:

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=295290208

Valve Rigged Models:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uuwg678bj48u2i3/Warframe_Tenno_FINAL.rar

(Yes this file is safe, it's the one in the description of the SFM pack, and I have downloaded it before.)

I realize these exist, but it would be pretty awesome if they (DE) would release official models so we could make even better fan art and the likes (like skins).

Edited by Reidmaster

... uh.  Anyways.

Some people were able to rip models and stuff via undisclosed methods we're not supposed to mention or talk about because DE has a policy against leaks and client data-mining.

So like others said they're out there, but you should go out yourself and find them.

Access to the models for like SFM would be awesome (if that's not already a thing, my understand is it's only Gmod). If we had those, I'd definitely consider buying SFM and making the Warframe version of the Avengers 2 trailer with it.

>buying SFM

u wot m8

Also, you can get the warframe models for sfm from the workshop

It's possible. I don't remember the name of the program I used to do it, but I was able to port a Mag model into SFM after converting them from the GMod files provided by NikouT. I haven't gone on GMod in ages, though, so I'm not sure if it's even still available.

>buying SFM

u wot m8

Also, you can get the warframe models for sfm from the workshop

SFM is free, you don't need to buy it. And the models are available in the workshop. I don't know if they are updated with Limbo and Nyx Prime but they had every other frame last time I looked.

You should learn how to calculate values.

Vitality is based off of base health value. If you take a frame that has a base shield of 100, multiply that by 40%, you get 40. Level-added health/shields don't affect the amount added through mods.

It's possible. I don't remember the name of the program I used to do it, but I was able to port a Mag model into SFM after converting them from the GMod files provided by NikouT. I haven't gone on GMod in ages, though, so I'm not sure if it's even still available.

... I may need to look into this, then.

I figure as long as I can get up to Rhino Prime, my vision will be complete.

Nobody didn't even repair false Vitality % values (yes I mean 400 + 400x 40% = 440... they should learn DE maths in school)

It's based off the unranked base values, not the ranked ones. It's to prevent Health, Shields and the like to be exponentially increased to ridiculous amounts. If your frame has 100 health at rank 0, then the bonus from Vitality will always be dependent on that starting 100 health and not the 300 health you'd have at rank 30.

It was based on the current values shortly after the mod system was put in place but it gave all Warframes too much survivability. Since, the values per rank for Vitality and Redirection were increased to 40% but they remain dependent on the Warframe's base values.

So it actually works as intended. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Vitality

Edited by Wiegraf