The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Is It Possible For Us To Get Some 3D Models? :d

Cowhawk

You can convert Gmod models to SFM models with a conversion tool (look it up). You just drag n drop the Gmod file onto the tool's icon and it spits out a SFM-compatible model.

I used SFM a little, it wasn't hard to use, it was just frustrating to pose the characters because it takes so damn long. I'm sure I wasn't doing it optimally though. Like, I want it to be where if I move the hand up, the arm will follow naturally, but I had to position every single arm segment. Or if I rotate the wrist, I want the forearm to rotate naturally with it, but that didn't happen.

Edited by DarkTails

You can convert Gmod models to SFM models with a conversion tool (look it up). You just drag n drop the Gmod file onto the tool's icon and it spits out a SFM-compatible model.

I used SFM a little, it wasn't hard to use, it was just frustrating to pose the characters because it takes so damn long. I'm sure I wasn't doing it optimally though. Like, I want it to be where if I move the hand up, the arm will follow naturally, but I had to position every single arm segment. Or if I rotate the wrist, I want the forearm to rotate naturally with it, but that didn't happen.

Yeah, you weren't doing it optimally.

You need to rig the model first. 

The easiest way is to use SFM/Gmod, but animation there isn't "real" animation. Its equivalent of filling out info on a webpage builder app, even a monkey can do it or its like predefined animation scripts in poser(you know what i mean if you've used it before)

SFM/Gmod won't get you a pass because it's not what's used in the industry. DE at least uses Autodesk suite(from what i've seen) to make their assets(Max, maya, mudbox), I would suggest that you pair up with a modeler and do it properly :)

IF you manage to get the models as they are, you will need to adjust texture maps and play with lighting to get them looking close to what they look like in game which is fair bit of effort, never mind even rigging them.

As for DE releasing models i highly doubt it, Im sure that they don't want people getting the models, posing them and 3D printing them and then ebaying them for profit.

Good luck to you man but don't underestimate this "project" :D

Edited by kiteohatto

It seems as if DE staff only respond to negative threads...never people asking for something to help the community with their own little projects.

- Go up to Coldplay or Lady GaGa and ask them if you can have the original studio recording data of their songs (separated tracks) so you can remix them yourself easier.  What do you think they're going to do?  Ignore you.

- Go up to a professional digital artist and ask them if you can have the PSDs, custom brushes, and resource files for their published works.  What do you think they're going to do?  Ignore you.

- Go up to Adobe and ask them if you can have the source code for Photoshop so you can make your own tweaks to it easier.  What do you think they're going to do?  Ignore you.

My point: Just because you know how to work in a specific medium does not grant you an inherent right to resources and source files other people/companies created.

DE made these resources, they hold full rights to these resources (legal and moral), and it is well within their rights to completely ignore your requests because, frankly, you're acting a little spoiled by insisting that they respond to your requests for their internal media files when you've already been answered and given alternatives.

People already told you alternatives where players did their own work to set up their own versions of the resources you're after.  So stop trying on these forums like I hinted earlier, and go to the places that have what you want, which people have already mentioned and linked.  If they do not have everything you want, then do what other players did and rip/rig/skin the stuff yourself.

- Go up to Coldplay or Lady GaGa and ask them if you can have the original studio recording data of their songs (separated tracks) so you can remix them yourself easier. What do you think they're going to do? Ignore you.

Well said sir, although acting spoilt was not my intention,

It just srrms although they respond more to negative threads than positive ones.

I'll let this thread die now, sorry for being an &#! ;)

Cow

- Go up to a professional digital artist and ask them if you can have the PSDs, custom brushes, and resource files for their published works. What do you think they're going to do? Ignore you.

- Go up to Adobe and ask them if you can have the source code for Photoshop so you can make your own tweaks to it easier. What do you think they're going to do? Ignore you.

My point: Just because you know how to work in a specific medium does not grant you an inherent right to resources and source files other people/companies created.

DE made these resources, they hold full rights to these resources (legal and moral), and it is well within their rights to completely ignore your requests because, frankly, you're acting a little spoiled by insisting that they respond to your requests for their internal media files when you've already been answered and given alternatives.

People already told you alternatives where players did their own work to set up their own versions of the resources you're after. So stop trying on these forums like I hinted earlier, and go to the places that have what you want, which people have already mentioned and linked. If they do not have everything you want, then do what other players did and rip/rig/skin the stuff yourself.

well said sir, although acting spoilt was not my intention.

I t's just frustrating see negative threads get so many responses.

sorry for being an &#!.

Cow :)

Edited by Cowhawk

LoneShamefulHarpseal.gif

This is the most important Warframe gif in the history of Warframe gifs.

---

Also, I don't' have the time for that aforementioned Warframe: The Age of Grineer trailer. If someone wants to take it off my hands, contact me and I'll tell you EXACTLY what I was picturing for it.

EDIT: And by contact I mean "Message me through the forums"

Edited by Morec0

This is the most important Warframe gif in the history of Warframe gifs.

---

Also, I don't' have the time for that aforementioned Warframe: The Age of Grineer trailer. If someone wants to take it off my hands, contact me and I'll tell you EXACTLY what I was picturing for it.

EDIT: And by contact I mean "Message me through the forums"

Nope, the most emblematic is this one :

16a86cl.gif

And if you want someone for animating 3d models, StallordD is the one thou are looking for... :)

Nope, the most emblematic is this one :

16a86cl.gif

And if you want someone for animating 3d models, StallordD is the one thou are looking for... :)

StallordD! Contact me if you want to take an idea I have neither the skills nor the time to put into action!

... What? Approach him myself? Who am I to do say "I have something you'll want to make into a thing!"