The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opticor Builds?

Deidaku

Question

21 answers to this question

Shred + Speed Triger + Vile Acceleration,

Serration (Of course...)

Elementals of your choice.

Consider Forma to fit Split Chamber, if you feel the need for absolutely maxed power levels. 

This is assuming, of course, that you have the cheaper dual-stat event mods. You'll need some more forma to fit everything if you're using base elementals. Keep in mind that Wildfire increases the magazine capacity to 6. 

Edited by DiabolusUrsus

I've been running this:

http://goo.gl/zrTj74

I'm not too bothered with elements, since the damage is incredibly high, but shock+viral+pierce damage types hit fairly evenly against all enemies.

As for HC, I use the Opticor to snipe all the way across Cerberus, and the accuracy drop is enough to prevent that. Did I mention how good the damage is regardless?

Edited by Kthal

Calypso has a pretty decent build, if you're not afraid to drop some forma.  

Which is probably what I'm going with. The only pet peeve I have about the Opticor is that it only AoE's on hard surfaces, not that it needs it but it just irks me. Either make it AoE on all surfaces or not at all :3, either way is fine by me.

I personally wouldn't use Vile Acceleration, mainly because the loss in damage, because I much rather of high damage, with a larger splash damage radius than faster charge.

Bearing in mind that in Warframe modifiers to the same number stack additively, so max Vile Acceleration basically cancels out one rank of your Serration. And this is a great weapon to use Heavy Cal on as well because it's still quite accurate. With a maxed Serration + Hcal, Vile Acceleration is taking your base damage from 430% of normal to 415% which is not a very noticeable drop. I think it's well worth it for the big charge speed boost. It's as much as Speed Trigger and Shred added together, so you could for example replace those two with Vile Acceleration and an elemental mod and you'd have the same charge speed and more damage (because the elemental gives you way more damage than VA takes). Though Shred is nice for the punch-through.

Bearing in mind that in Warframe modifiers to the same number stack additively, so max Vile Acceleration basically cancels out one rank of your Serration. And this is a great weapon to use Heavy Cal on as well because it's still quite accurate. With a maxed Serration + Hcal, Vile Acceleration is taking your base damage from 430% of normal to 415% which is not a very noticeable drop. I think it's well worth it for the big charge speed boost. It's as much as Speed Trigger and Shred added together, so you could for example replace those two with Vile Acceleration and an elemental mod and you'd have the same charge speed and more damage (because the elemental gives you way more damage than VA takes). Though Shred is nice for the punch-through.

Ah, well, I haven't even touched that mod mainly because of it's drop in damage keeps me away from using it, I like having a good amount of damage, and I don't like any dips in the damage. But there's also the fact of the not a whole lot of space, if we could add an extra mod slot or two, I'd conciser using it.

Could anyone confirm whether vile acceleration removes it post calculations (I.E 415% from 430%) or whether it acts like Serration/Heavy caliber (I.E pre calculation)

Because if the 15% is being removed precalculation (as I suspect it would), it would be a much more significant damage loss than 415% from 430%.....

Edited by Hamsta

Could anyone confirm whether vile acceleration removes it post calculations (I.E 415% from 430%) or whether it acts like Serration/Heavy caliber (I.E pre calculation)

Because if the 15% is being removed precalculation (as I suspect it would), it would be a much more significant damage loss than 415% from 430%.....

It's additive, so you would go from +165% to +150%.

Edited by MrJxt

:S I said it works exactly like Serration/Heavy Caliber. "max Vile Acceleration basically cancels out one rank of your Serration". 100% (normal damage) + 165% (Serration) + 165% (HCal) -15% (VA) = 415% of your normal base damage. Opticor charged shot base damage = 1000. Opticor charged shot base damage with Serration + HCal = 4300. Opticor charged shot base damage with Serration + HCal + VA = 4150. Because it stacks additively with Serration + HCal it's only losing you 150/4300 = 3.5% base damage.

Most other things (elemental mods, multishot, etc.) build off your base damage so if your base damage is 3.5% lower they will give you 3.5% less as well. With Serration + HCal + three dual elemental/status mods VA reduces your charged damage from 12040 to 11620. You're losing 420/12040 = 3.5%. With Serration + HCal + Split Chamber + 3 90% elementals, VA takes your charged damage from 30229 to 29174.5, losing 1054.5 damage. 1054.5/30229 = 3.5%. It's always that same 430:415 ratio.

Edited by Azure.M

The new puncture mod from the Mutalist Event is sick on the Opticor. 120% punk multiplier.

I am currently running

Serration

Split Chamber

Shred

Vile Acceleration

Piercing Caliber

High Voltage

Infected Clip

Wildfire

yep tried it out

T4 is no match for me

I am finding the speed to be perfect for me with just Shred and VA, no Speed Trigger. Instead, I've been using Fast Hands. It's a technical DPS loss, but it gives me another ~0.1 second to make sure my aim is right, and gives me greater uptime - less chance of getting caught having to reload/switch weapons.

I've also not been using Split Chamber, and using Heavy Caliber in it's place. While again, a technical DPS loss, it increases the *minimum* damage done per shot, making it much more consistent in killing enemies. I'd rather always one shot an enemy than one shot them 90% of the time. This way I always have control over how much damage a shot does, rather than leaving it to chance. This is also the reason I wouldn't recommend installing crit mods. Generally the multishot and/or the critical strike is just overkill anyways.

So my final build is Serration, HCal, VA, Shred, Fast Hands, 180% primary element, Piercing Caliber.

Edited by Darzk