Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Environmental Idea That Actually Introduces Green !

Kubae420

Plants can play a very important role in survival for spacefarers. Having some green stuff makes sense! A good discussion here!

Word ! I've always thought there was a lack of green environments brought out with sci-fi in general. Movies and Games alike seem to stray away from "earth tones" for what seems to be pure spite of the defined term of "earth tones". Even of all the most successful sci-fi franchises, star wars and the damned Ewoks are the only spacy business i can even remember presenting green at all.

I wish I could find what lore there is so I could try to develop the idea around it more than just throwing out random S#&$e that can fit the sci-fi-green I personally am looking for. I'm really enjoying the thought of infested virus potentially evolving to take control of corpus as well as maybe infested orokin.

This all being said before .... BRING OUT YA GREEN !!!!! Show me your ideas people, post the pics of what you think would best fit the concepts of warframe, and green !!! If we work together here we can make flora in Warframe a reality !

Found this quote that reminded me of this thread :)

Cathleen McCandless on Green in Space:

"Human beings lived in nature far longer than they have lived in artificial, man-made environments, therefore it will be very important that space ships incorporate images from nature into the interior design of the craft. People are soothed by images of nature, so plants, images of nature, water features, and materials made from natural substances like wood need to be integrated into the design so that space travel becomes less stressful. It will be essential that human beings keep their connection to nature to balance all the cold, industrial feelings of machinery.

Perhaps plasma screens with nature scenes could be viewed throughout the space ship. Sounds of birds, streams, and ocean waves could be heard in the background, and perhaps a domed structure with a forest environment like the ship in Silent Running could be added so passengers would have the experience of a walk in a garden while on those long flights between planets. Anything to lower stress levels resulting from long periods of time out of a natural environment would assist the space travelers in finding rest and relaxation while on their galactic travels."

That is a wonderful quote. I've been trying to think of the mechanical applications the concept could be used for in environmental hazards, new mob types etc... but Ms. Mrs.?? McCandless hit the nail on the head and brought it to such a fundamental level, it really lets you understand how important life or imitation of life can be in the solidarity of space.

The bio-dome part fits in exactly with my initial idea as well, as my idea takes the premise of that , then have it overrun with infested after a few hundred years of abandonment. If I may be so bold, it appears great minds think alike :D and this thread is full of them !

I would like green in space, but I think it will need to perhaps fit with the theme. Also, nature-loving enemies may just further confirm that the Tenno are the "bad guys"...

Grineer:

I think they should value efficiency and being militaristic, they should suppress individualism. As such, have "gardens" will not be reasonable. "Farms" should also be more factory like than "garden" like. If they can, I think they would just artificially create all the stuff they eat (to support the parts that are still flesh) or even just inject them indirectly into their body from replaceable cans, which are manufactured in some specialized factory not in the ship/outpost.

Corpus:

They may be more "research" inclined, but being "efficient", they may also opt for more artificial or processed food source, and may prefer cyber entertainment over "garden". The main reason they might have for "gardens" will probably be science/research related. E.g. having an artificial eco-system for research purposes. This actually provides interesting scenario, as it makes it viable to find different eco-system, some of which may not be "earth-like" (possibly including a simulated infested containment)

Infested:

They don't need or keep gardens. Any eco-domes (presumeably previously from Corpus) will probably be "infested", either killing all the natural plants or turning them into infested versions.

Of course, we could go with the usual gardens and green place of meditations for Grineer or Corpus, to further prove that the Tenno are not necessarily the good guys...

Well well :D

Thanks for showing me your thread. I really think you made a great point.

I think we still could introduce outdoor levels with trees etc. Here is my idea:

Why are these planets what they are?

A good way to introduce a more living environment like the avatar planet would be the orokin era.

So there is the Orokin Tower. The people who lived there could have decided to populate planets.

To make these planets a space they can live in, they could have used tera forming to create an atmosphere etc.

How can they introduce their tile set method?

To create the tile sets, they could make the location nearby mountains to create natural restrictions that do not look like they are forced into the environment. A cliff can be a natural restriction just like mountain walls.

A possible way to explain why you play on high places could be the tera forming machine itself.

The machine could need a certain height to be most efficient in changing the atmosphere. Therefore playing nearby mountains would make sense. Forests would still be very well part of these mountains =). They could use the tera forming machines as interior level parts. Or buildings they made during the tera forming process itself and connect them during underground tunnels to make it easier for the people who worked and lived during this time to travel from A to B =)

What could these planets change?

After the end of the orokin era, life was able to unfold and new species and lifeforms made their appearance.

DE could make them a random encounter on these planets for both, the player and the current faction on this mission.

Why should the factions be on these planets?

Grineer could be after the tera forming machine to make their planets fit their own body to make life easier after their many many cloning degenerations.

Corpus might want to sell the machine and make money with it.

The Infested simply want to assimilate the lifeforms on this planet.

1349753953319.jpg

Darkvoid_Jungle_by_JJasso.jpg

Perhaps plasma screens with nature scenes could be viewed throughout the space ship. Sounds of birds, streams, and ocean waves could be heard in the background= TERRIBLE IDEA

and perhaps a domed structure with a forest environment = GOOD IDEA

make real plants, trees etc. and do not troll with LCD screen S#&$

Remember we still don't have a concrete answer as to where the infested virus originated. This leaves a lot of possibilities open, primarily of which for me being that during the old war what ended up wiping out the orokin wasn't their enemy itself, but the infested virus which there upon was sealed resulting in the remaining orokin becoming infested.

That concept for me alone sells new faction/mob types, new outdoor environments (green ones ofc), infested plant life for environmental hazards, and ofc multiple new ways to play the game with both stealth and speed (imagine using plants for cover to remain hidden, or vaulting off trees to increase speed for the speedrunners)

I really can't wait to get my hands on the lore update they talked about on ls#4. I've got so much floating around in my head right now it's rediculous.

make real plants, trees etc. and do not troll with LCD screen S#&$

It was a quote talking about the basic human need for plants in space, as an argument for adding green, rather than an idea for actual implementation in this game.  

Remember we still don't have a concrete answer as to where the infested virus originated.

Actually, we have an answer.

The technocyte virus was created during the old war to fight the 4th race, the Sentience.

Most likely created by the people of the orokin era. Wouldnt make much sense since we, the Warframes are part of their technology, which are, right now, immune to the virus itself. So its most likely that the same people who created the Virus, also created the warframes.

Edited by Venarge

Actually, we have an answer.

The technocyte virus was created during the old war to fight the 4th race, the Sentience.

Most likely created by the people of the orokin era. Wouldnt make much sense since we, the Warframes are part of their technology, which are, right now, immune to the virus itself. So its most likely that the same people who created the Virus, also created the warframes.

Well hell yeah, that fits in nicely not only with the infested orokin and everything i've come up with thus far, but  i also was going to post the question during the next live stream if the infested virus could actually be used for something, like a orokin reactor, but for base stats and not capacity. We keep finding all these people to "capture" or "rescue" that potentially have something to do with researching it, yet we haven't run into any of the labs , or seen the work any of them have done with it.

I really think all of this fits in very well with the bio-dome/pods/labs type suggestions we've got going on in this thread. Thanks for popping in and letting me know, rly  makes brainstorming much easier :D

I feel like we need more outdoor maps. The only map I really enjoy playing in is the Corpus outdoors map because it looks nice instead of being cramped and blackbrown like everything else in the game. Its especially refreshing to play one after trying to clear Jupiter's pure infestation to get to Europa.

I'm pretty sure I saw part of what I'm looking for in the game during the stream. At one point they pulled up the dojo foundry menu, and there was a bio-pod like garden looking room... THIS will be the first room I build for my people !