Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Stop With The Arbitrary Requirement Of Binding Redundant Keybinds

Khunvyel

"Sprint/roll is not bound."

"Toggle crouch is not bound"

Why?

I have "Sprint" and "Roll" bound on two separate keys, so why do I need to bind the now redundant key?

Same with toggle crouch. I have bound "hold to crouch" so I at least HAVE a way to crouch. Why forcing me to bind a key for that? Now they're sitting on two useless keys I will never touch in regular gameplay.

And yes, now you can yell at me for opening ee.cfg and remove these keys manually if it bothers me so much. Do you know what I tell you in return? I should not HAVE to. A regular player doesn't even KNOW where the keybinds are stored, since they're basically hidden away in a system related folder you might sometimes not even have access to.

This is only the tip of the iceberg with issues with the controls and key-commands in Warframe, but since I had to redo my key bindings SEVERAL times now since the entire U15 crash-a-lot fest, I was just grumpy enough to report this.

I once tried to make a quick adjustment to the keybindings during a mission. However, because of this warning system I wasn't able to leave the menu until I rebinded like 5-6 different things that somehow ended up getting mixed up due to me changing one key. I ended up getting killed by a melee enemy since the menu physically wouldn't allow me to resume playing.

+1

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Well it is in there for the people that dont really know what they are doing but yes just go into the file and chamge it if you get this &!$$ed off

Then these ppl should learn...

Instead of punishing their incompetence you punish everyone competent enough, wheres the logic behind that??

Edited by Davoodoo

Well it is in there for the people that dont really know what they are doing but yes just go into the file and chamge it if you get this &!$$ed off

That is why I said remove it from REDUNDANCY.

If you do not have ANY key bound to give you the sprint or crouch function, then you SHOULD get yelled at as they're vital parts of the game.

But I HAVE these controls. I CAN crouch and sprint. I just don't do it like the game suggests.

Where is that file located?

Same position as your ee.log which would be "documents and settings/(your user profile)/local settings/application data/warframe", at least on my machine and sorry if I have the names wrong, I don't have an english OS.

File is called ee.cfg

The issue with that is, once you are editing these things out, you face the same problem as VentiGlondi once you enter the key binding menu for some reason;

I actually have sprint/roll unbound and whenever I go to key binding settings it doesn't let me leave unless I Alt F4.