Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennobet Font Package And Understanding

-Krux-

say, if I wrote my name "dataman", then it should be wrote as "d-a-t-a-m-eh-n", right?

I guess it depends how you pronounce it. Some ppl say 'data' as "date-uh" or "dat-uh".

Personally, I'd write it as "d-ae-t-uh-m-a-n".

Using the font, typed as 'dAtuman'

Lo and behold!

Using tenObet to code in the Python IDLE:

cbLHF0g.png

'Tis but a simple Print() function, but the Tennobet reigns supreme in making it look majestic. I have to say though, the Tennobet could use brackets.

LIU7lrd.png

Also, how exactly would you type "Hello, World" in Tennobet? I racked my brain trying to figure that out.

And now, for something completely different, Python with Grineer!

aF3dvta.png

And Corpus!

KJoaC8t.png

Makes me wonder how everyone programs their computers and stuff in Warframe's lore. How do the Corpus program their robots? How did the Grineer program their consoles?

Edited by Rengakun

Lo and behold!

Using tenObet to code in the Python IDLE:

cbLHF0g.png

'Tis but a simple Print() function, but the Tennobet reigns supreme in making it look majestic. I have to say though, the Tennobet could use brackets.

LIU7lrd.png

Also, how exactly would you type "Hello, World" in Tennobet? I racked my brain trying to figure that out.

And now, for something completely different, Python with Grineer!

aF3dvta.png

And Corpus!

KJoaC8t.png

Makes me wonder how everyone programs their computers and stuff in Warframe's lore. How do the Corpus program their robots? How did the Grineer program their consoles?

Wow, that's... really cool.

"hello world" i think i would use "helO orld" - no need for double consonants, capital 'O' for the "oh" sound, lowercase 'o' for the w-replacement (by tennobet rule according to DE) and with the sound the 'o' makes..doesn't seem to be a need for anything between that and the 'r'.

Thanks for sharing that!

Wow, that's... really cool.

"hello world" i think i would use "helO orld" - no need for double consonants, capital 'O' for the "oh" sound, lowercase 'o' for the w-replacement (by tennobet rule according to DE) and with the sound the 'o' makes..doesn't seem to be a need for anything between that and the 'r'.

Thanks for sharing that!

Thanks, and you're welcome!

8RimrGv.png

I'm beginning to understand the Tennobet more, but how would I type words like "Meow", "Nya", "Yellow", "Yeah" and so on? The Tennobet's Y is kinda confusing...

Trying to do Fibonacci sequences has made me think about how the Tenno do maths. What is their understanding of mathematics?

Edited by Rengakun

To whom it may concern:

I have created a proof-of-concept Visual novel in Tennobet with RenPy. It is meant to prove that making Visual Novels in Tennobet is feasible, and nothing more.

INITIAL RELEASE:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/42okqn46agwed27/TennoRenPyPOC-win.zip?dl=0

Simply unzip the folder somewhere and run the .exe

KNOWN ISSUES:

-Menu screens are not in proper Tennobet.

-Main menu does not have a image.

-You need the tenObet font installed. I forgot to package it into the distro.

Thanks, and you're welcome!

8RimrGv.png

I'm beginning to understand the Tennobet more, but how would I type words like "Meow", "Nya", "Yellow", "Yeah" and so on? The Tennobet's Y is kinda confusing...

Trying to do Fibonacci sequences has made me think about how the Tenno do maths. What is their understanding of mathematics?

i know their numbers, i don't know about their math skills or symbols, lol

'Y' is literally replaced with the long 'E' as in "need" (tennobet would be nEd)

meow = mEW (m, simple enough; E for long "ee" sound, W for "ow" sound as in "now" as apposed to lowercase 'w' for "aw" sound as in "law")
idk what nya is
yellow = EelO (E, for the 'y' replacement, same sound; lowercase 'e' for the short "eh" sound, 'L' is obvious as it's one sound, and capital 'O' for the long "oh" sound.
yeah = Eah (I believe that an 'h' would be placed at the end although I could be mistaken, but I'd refer you to the word "the" in tennobet. DE uses an 'h' in "the" as they spell it with the pronunciation "dh-u-h", the keys "Duh", there's no evidence of any audible 'h' sound in the word "the" but if any, I'd say the word "yeah" has it.)

Hope this helped.

• 2 weeks later...

let me share mine and tell me if I did it right.

Np1gdOd.png

crown - "Justice"

above of shield - "Protect"

left wing - "Cleric"

right wing - "Paladin" but I inverted it so it'll look proportionate to the other

below of shield - "Punishment"

cross - two "faith" crossed on each other

looks nice! I don't see the word "Justice" anywhere tho.

The crown says "208 chd 5"

Only changes I would make is in "Punishment" I see you used keys "punESment", i would suggest "puniSment". Capital E is a long 'ee' sound like 'wheel'.

And in "Faith" you used keys "fIT", I would suggest "fAT". Capital "I" literally sounds like "eye".

They keys are matched phonetically generally speaking. Any short vowel would be inserted lowercase of the letter that produces that sound, and any long vowel will be produced by the capital letter. Only one that's not 'exact' is "w/W" for the "aw/ow" sound.

Everything else looks good! Nice work!

looks nice! I don't see the word "Justice" anywhere tho.

The crown says "208 chd 5"

Only changes I would make is in "Punishment" I see you used keys "punESment", i would suggest "puniSment". Capital E is a long 'ee' sound like 'wheel'.

And in "Faith" you used keys "fIT", I would suggest "fAT". Capital "I" literally sounds like "eye".

They keys are matched phonetically generally speaking. Any short vowel would be inserted lowercase of the letter that produces that sound, and any long vowel will be produced by the capital letter. Only one that's not 'exact' is "w/W" for the "aw/ow" sound.

Everything else looks good! Nice work!

strange... I must've copied the wrong text for the crown part.

yeah... I reviewed tennobet image and I used the wrong keystroke for faith.

Might redo again or nah...

question though... how did you do the strokes?

I wanted to do those decorative strokes/lines, like on Excalibur's "Hayden Tenno" but I'm not sure how. I was thinking you did it with pen tool and applied a custom brush setting on Illustrator/Photoshop but I might be wrong.

question though... how did you do the strokes?

I wanted to do those decorative strokes/lines, like on Excalibur's "Hayden Tenno" but I'm not sure how. I was thinking you did it with pen tool and applied a custom brush setting on Illustrator/Photoshop but I might be wrong.

No I literally used DE's characters on their official release of the language and translation