Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overwatch Cinematic Trailer Blizzcon

Deidaku

Wow really nice, and heavily influenced by Disney/Pixar indeed. :)

Oh god yet another Dota like. 

"Overwatch is a highly stylized team-based shooter set on a near-future earth. Every match is an intense multiplayer showdown pitting a diverse cast of heroes, mercenaries, scientists, adventurers, and oddities against each other in an epic, globe-spanning conflict."

"Overwatch is a highly stylized team-based shooter set on a near-future earth. Every match is an intense multiplayer showdown pitting a diverse cast of heroes, mercenaries, scientists, adventurers, and oddities against each other in an epic, globe-spanning conflict."

Sounds like a Dota like to me.

It's an FPS

True but the genre is still heavily saturated. 

Oh god yet another Dota like. 

...you know DotA originated from a Blizzard game, right?

True but the genre is still heavily saturated.

The class-based PvP shooter market is pretty much limited to Battlefield, CoD, Team Fortress 2, and a small handful of others. I'd hardly call that "heavily saturated".

Edited by Vargras

Looks nice, but it get the feeling the game is gonna reek of "freemium" content or "paid subscriptions".

Warframe is still better, imo.

I hope they pick a model similar to TF2:  only cosmetics are purchasable with real money aka no character onluck with real money

I wonder what are they trying to achieve with this rapid expansion, cover loses for titan?

Expansion?

and this is titan, basically reskinned

I hope they pick a model similar to TF2:  only cosmetics are purchasable with real money aka no character onluck with real money

So, basically, follow Warframe's model. Warframe has content that is accessible to everyone, wallet or no, all you need is dedication and a lot of free time, and you can get even cosmetic items without spending a single cent.

But Blizzard? I don't see them following this kind of business model.

Looks like excalibur made it into next blizzard game.

katana-487b373.png

First mistake Blizzard made with this game: show a trailer with an awesome ninja/samurai robot/suit, and he isn't even shown in the gameplay.

Edited by RazorTip

Expansion?

and this is titan, basically reskinned

Blizzard is branching out pretty fast, i don't mind it, just seems odd they were focused heavily on their previous projects, there were no signs of different genres on their horizon.

Never seen titan in person, only heard that it was fps which didn't worked out.

are there actual pictures or documentations of Titan?

Looks like excalibur made it into next blizzard game.

katana-487b373.png

Btw, i really like Tracer and her abilities. I was waiting for something similar in WF, abilities like these «Recall» and «Blink». Like Chronos concept.

More than that, there's an old game called TimeShift -- if only WF had its time-control abiliites!

Edited by Spectre-Agent

Btw, i really like Tracer and her abilities. I was waiting for something similar in WF, abilities like these «Recall» and «Blink». Like Chronos concept.

More than that, there's an old game called TimeShift -- if only WF had its time-control abiliites!

To me, she's like someone decided to put Ezreal from League of Legends and the Scout from TF2 together in a blender, and then switched the gender. And her voice in the cinematic trailer is just... off-putting, to be honest. It just doesn't match her.

I did like the Reaper's design, somewhat reminiscent of Death from Darksiders 2. And I really liked Darksiders 2.

Here, have a comparison:

reaper-concept.3VucN.jpgaod2-004.jpg