Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Damage Calculated With Multiple Types Of Hit Points Taken In Account?

jjpdn

Question

Alright. Let's say you shoot something.

It deals 500 impact damage.

It hits an enemy with 200 shields. and 1000 health.

Does it deal 300 damage (against shields) + 225 damage against health, or does it just deal 750 damage straight because it hits the shield first?

Gotta figure out how to mod my stuff.

Edited by jjpdn

6 answers to this question

The first scenario is correct.

The shot deals 500 raw impact damage. Against Shields, this does 750 damage. 300 is used to break the shield; or 40%. The remaining 60% of the raw 500 impact damage is 300 impact damage, dealt to flesh, so 225.

The first scenario is correct.

The shot deals 500 raw impact damage. Against Shields, this does 750 damage. 300 is used to break the shield; or 40%. The remaining 60% of the raw 500 impact damage is 300 impact damage, dealt to flesh, so 225.

What I'm curious about-- say we have that enemy that has 200 shields and 1000 health.

If we shoot it with a weapon that deals 150 Impact damage and 150 Electric damage, is there a chance that the 150 Electric damage will go before the Impact (meaning that the total damage is -200 Shields, -117 Health), or will the advantageous Impact damage always take priority and damage the shields first (meaning that the total damage is -200 Shields, -167 Health)?

What I'm curious about-- say we have that enemy that has 200 shields and 1000 health.

If we shoot it with a weapon that deals 150 Impact damage and 150 Electric damage, is there a chance that the 150 Electric damage will go before the Impact (meaning that the total damage is -200 Shields, -117 Health), or will the advantageous Impact damage always take priority and damage the shields first (meaning that the total damage is -200 Shields, -167 Health)?

Hm.... this needs testing...

From what I recall a portion of both will get used to break shields - I'm not positive however, it's been ages since testing this mechanic.

IIRC, it's damage from each source proportional to the damage composition, so 50% Impact 50% Elec, (leaving 50 elec and 83.334 impact hitting flesh) or -200 shields -133.334 health).

If you had 150 Impact 225 Elec (a common enough setup) you'd have 60% elec damage, so 120 shield damage to be done, leaving 105 elec to pass through to health damage. You'd have 80 shield damage to be done, leaving 96.667 Impact passing through to flesh, resulting in -200 shields -201.667 health.

But the last time I tested shield breaking mechanics was ages back, like right after dmg 2.0.