The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just Got A Bunch Of Plats, What Do I Spend It On?

Spanese

I would buy warframe and weapon slots first, then a sentinel, maybe cosmetic stuff, then save a bunch for potatoes. Using plat to buy weapons or 'frames takes away from the gameplay, a lot of the drive is looking for blueprints or resources. I'm only gonna spend platinum on things that are plat-only, anything else I'll work for

Get warframe and weapon slots, color pack if you like customization, then perhaps a sentinel. Basically, spend your platinum on things that you can't get with credits.

Although I would say maybe buy one frame since it takes a while to farm BPs and you'll waste EXP farming on a level 30 one. But that's just me, I like to be constantly leveling things lol.

Don't spend it on warframes or weapons, doing this detracts from your experience form the game. Grind up and find the bps and build them properly. If you really want to. By slots, potatoes, and misc items like colors and sentinel mods. Also, buying a sentinel with credits doesn't seem like that much of a loss considering the high in-game price for them.

I actually advocate buying warframes that you like, but that's only because I can't invest as much time in the game as others might be able to. 

My two-year old son has a penchant for waking up in the middle of runs, so I end up having to quit in the middle sometimes; as such I buy things I want to try with my plat.

That is, however, just my situation.

Don't spend it on warframes or weapons, doing this detracts from your experience form the game. Grind up and find the bps and build them properly. If you really want to. By slots, potatoes, and misc items like colors and sentinel mods. Also, buying a sentinel with credits doesn't seem like that much of a loss considering the high in-game price for them.

grinding isnt game play. hell there is zero reason to bother with warframes you dont deem worthy of $10-15m because ouside of the gorgon and hek mastery is pointless.

I'd use the Plat on something you think you'll like to test it out then use the optional reset and work towards it to get it without spending plat if you like it, or find out you don't so you can spend your time on something else. That's what I'm doing. Eventually if you play enough you'd be able try everything but I like to plan ahead when possible. Be sure it's what you want to do obviously if that is what you choose

Edited by 7.T.

Do not go on a spending spree. I was just about to buy the special Nyx helmet be decided against it. Just an hour later I got it from an Alert mission. I thought that was cool then bought the Phoenix Ember Helmet and the next day I got it from an alert mission. I just face plamed. Why don't you buy the cosmetics for the pets and color pallets. Some aesthetics here and there and save everything else for drops and future updates.

Since you are a new player i dont think you should buy a lot of stuff before figuring out the game a bit.

Maybe get the color bundle if you like that stuff. A sentinel will help you out a bit as a new player so i would go for that. A weapon or two that you reeeeeeally want and definitely an Orokin reactor for your frame and Catalysts for your weapon since you went Grand Master.

I would get:
Your favorite frame.
His or her funky helmet if you like it.
A sentinel (blueprints are quite expensive)
The colour bundle
Save a bunch (a bunch!) for catalysts/reactors and slots.

I would say get the sentinel swag since you're loaded .. but that stuff looks ridiculous ..

I would not get more than one or two frames, though. Just get your favorite.
I would not get any bundles. They all (except female frame pack) include a couple things you can get with credits, making even their discounted platinum price ridiculously inflated, which in turn inflates the bundle into a rather bad deal.

I would not get most weapons with platinum. Most are buyable with credits or relatively easy to craft, so even if you want them ASAP, that won't be very long.  
The ones I would consider spending platinum on are:
Rifles: None. (Boltor if you must get something - or Paris, but it's easier to make)
Pistols: AKBolto and/or twin vipers. Both are a pain to craft.
Melee: The big 2 handers: fragor, gram or scindo, assuming you can't craft them yet.