The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proto Glaive Skin

Cyborg-Rox

DE has talked about the Proto Armor skin for Excalibur (Based on Hayden Tenno's suit in Warframe's prequel Dark Sector) returning in the next Beta anniversary, and there's been numerous discussions going around about additional... additions.

I think we can all expect that, if the skin does return, there will be something else as well. It'll be the same as this year's Day of the Dead. The skins from last year returned, and we got more new skins as well as shoulder armor bat wings!

A lot of people have suggested adding a Proto Glaive skin to match the Proto Armor skin.

I second this, though I have my own idea about it...

Like expected, the skin should use the 3D model and texture of the Dark Sector Glaive. http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/261/f/3/dark_sector__glaive_by_ima_raver-d5f6h0x.jpg

But, what if the skin had an effect, like the Scindo 3D skins?

The Glaive is a pretty bad weapon to be honest. No doubt the worst throwing disc weapon. But the skin could, for instance, increase damage by 20% and reduce attack speed by 5%. It should be usable on the Glaive Prime as well, since the Proto Armor skin can be used on Excalibur Prime.

What do you think?

I like the idea of the Proto-Glaive,. +10% Damage and +10% Flight speed would be fair.

Add: @MeowTezu

The Glaive in Warframe has its blades too small, more like spikes and it also has a more biological look to it then the original one from Dark Sector. See the Link on Cyborg-Rox's post to compare.

Edited by BiancaRoughfin

The Glaive does have the same skin as DS glaive, doesn't it?

Nah, the new glaive looks like it has long talons whereas the old one looked more like blades. Just google Dark Sector glaive for reference. They're quite different.

I was hoping it would come with an added ability to pick up loot wherever you throw the glaive to, like in Dark Sector.

Cosmetics with stats? Yeah, not gonna happen. They've been trying to phase that out to the best of their ability, and you can see there hasn't been a weapon skin with stats in ages. They definitely wouldn't make one now.

I do want a stat-less Proto-Glaive skin, though.

Cosmetics with stats? Yeah, not gonna happen. They've been trying to phase that out to the best of their ability, and you can see there hasn't been a weapon skin with stats in ages. They definitely wouldn't make one now.

Oh yeah, also that^ I forgot to mention that.

Skins with stats attached to them are a big no-no from DE now. They tried it, and didn't like that they had to force their customization according to optimal build preference. Now they've nyx'd it for the most part (save for Arcanes)

I feel like the loot grab mechanic I mentioned earlier shouldn't be locked to the skin but should simply be inherent to all thrown melee weapons.

Edited by Kestral9999

Oh yeah, also that^ I forgot to mention that.

Skins with stats attached to them are a big no-no from DE now. They tried it, and didn't like that they had to force their customization according to optimal build preference. Now they've nyx'd it for the most part (save for Arcanes)

I feel like the loot grab mechanic I mentioned earlier shouldn't be locked to the skin but should simply be inherent to all thrown melee weapons.

Agreed, especially since a skin like this would be limited time, and likely plat locked. Though stat cosmetics aren't a good idea anyway, and I very much hope that DE will finish the job in that department and just get rid of the arcane helmets entirely. They were a mistake and stats simply should've been removed from the helmets.

Agreed, especially since a skin like this would be limited time, and likely plat locked. Though stat cosmetics aren't a good idea anyway, and I very much hope that DE will finish the job in that department and just get rid of the arcane helmets entirely. They were a mistake and stats simply should've been removed from the helmets.

I feel like that is just going to produce a whole new world-of-hatred for DE from most veteran players. They've already made the mistake of allowing the Arcanes to exist in the first place, my suggestion is to simply make them untradeable.