Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Study Results = Violent Video Games Don't Cause Mass Murder

Hunter0x

Thought this might spark a good debate, especially relating to a game where the weapons dismember everything in several different ways.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/11/new-study-finds-violent-games-might-actually-curb-real-world-violence/

At least it took long enough for people to realise violent video games would more likely than not cause murder and violence (I say 'more likely than not', because I have seen some people turn a bit violent after a period of playing violent video games, but it is really once in a blue moon). 

Problem lies with the people themselves not the games. Like that kid who killed his entire family then himself cause his PS4 was taken away, WTF! That kid is fudged up, don't blame Sony >.>

Problem is that the general media is incredibly biased and horrible, I hate the news because its so full of bullpoop...regarding a lot of things

Some people are just crazy, some have been pushed to the edge due to life experiences, and some just had horrible parents who never taught them how to be a proper human being. But, no one ever wants to take responsibility for their actions and so the blame game will continue, no matter how much science gets done.

Edited by Ailith