The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Perma-Banned Already, It's A Bit Sensitive

Trayder

I'm sorry, but most of those I've seen that get perma-banned from video games are guilty of two things:

1. Doing something bad.

2. Lying about it on the forums.

I agree.

That being said I would like to point out he never claimed DE was in the wrong, all he said is it was very sensitive.

Life lesson. Don't use cheat engines/hacks on anything.

Honestly, it should come to no surprise that you get banned for having cheating/hacking programs running in the background.... even if you are not using in the particular game you get banned from. It's pretty common, and you have such program running after all... so there's no excuse. Also, it's not unreasonable at all

Or they can force shutdown the game when they detect any cheating programme.  How hard is that?  There are people with programmes running in the background all the time even if it is just for them to be on stand by.  There is a reason why people have a high amount of ram.  You don't perma-ban people for mistakes that are not malice in anywhere.  Assuming OP spoke the truth, he didn't do anything that is worthy of a perma-ban. 

There are respectable reasons to use programmes like Cheat Engine.   

Edited by Casval_Rouge

But Trainers and Cheatengine doubles replay value of singleplayer games for me e.g. Bioshock Infinite I don't cheat 1st playthrough btw. Since this game has no New Game Plus mode to keep it interesting I use infinite ammo and enjoy mowing down enemies who gave me a hard time. Sweet revenge on AI is fun.

If this auto ban is indeed sensitive this ninja gonna hide cuz the Shinsengumi police is on patrol. I have never been banned from a game before, not Steam, Uplay, Origin or whatever for using these things hope this does not stain perfect ninja stealth.

I don't hack online games, I only cheat on singleplayer games for it's added replay value.

Deploying "Smokescreen"

Or they can force shutdown the game when they detect any cheating programme.  How hard is that?  Assuming OP spoke the truth, he didn't do anything that is worthy of a perma-ban. 

There are respectable reasons to use programmes like Cheat Engine.   

Update 7.8.1:

Additions:

- All Cheaters will now be Banned. No Exceptions!

Hacking/Cheating bans are now automatic. Our existing cheat/hack detection code that has been tracking hacks and is now configured to take action automatically now. Do not run hacking programs while playing Warframe. You will be banned.

Don't say they didn't warn. No exceptions, really. :U

It's not that difficult to close down a program. 

This is against our EULA.

Frankly, this isn't a good enough answer. I can't justify spending real money on a game that could, at any time, permanently ban me for having any of an unknown number of applications running in the background, whether or not they tamper with the game in any way.

Frankly, this isn't a good enough answer. I can't justify spending real money on a game that could, at any time, permanently ban me for having any of an unknown number of applications running in the background, whether or not they tamper with the game in any way.

How is saying "This is against the Agreement you had to sign when you started playing our game." not good enough?

Check your privilege bro. Just like any EULA that agreement states that DE may permanently ban any player at any time for any reason they deem fit.

Don't say they didn't warn. No exceptions, really. :U

It's not that difficult to close down a program. 

Yes but it was a mistake.  He didn't read the rules, but he also didn't do anything harmful to anyone.  Therefore a perma-ban is not justifled.  I have no symapthay for those who didn't read the rules and get punished, but punishments must be reasonable and logical.      This system in itself is a lazy excuse of a cheating countermearsure.

Edited by Casval_Rouge

Yes but it was a mistake.  He didn't read the rules, but he also didn't do anything harmful to anyone.  Therefore a perma-ban is not justifled.  I have no symapthay for those who didn't read the rules and get punished, but punishments must be reasonable and logical.      This system in itself is a lazy excuse of a cheating countermearsure.

Doesn't matter. He signed the EULA so he is bound by the rules.

A EULA agreement is a contract. He broke the terms. Now he is banned.

It isn't DE's fault he was too stupid to read something he signed.

I use CheatEngine aswell, to manipulate games. I cheat in singleplayer games, where I am a content tourist or want to experience an aspect without grinding. I limit my use of Cheat Engine to singeplayer games only, because I don't believe in such tools for any online multiplayer game.

I don't have it running unless I use it. Haven't used it since Borderlands, I think.

I use CheatEngine aswell, to manipulate games. I cheat in singleplayer games, where I am a content tourist or want to experience an aspect without grinding. I limit my use of Cheat Engine to singeplayer games only, because I don't believe in such tools for any online multiplayer game.

I don't have it running unless I use it. Haven't used it since Borderlands, I think.

I used it a while back to unlock all the content in FTL. I'm not sure I even have it on my PC anymore.

This is against our EULA.

That is a slightly odd thing to have in an EULA. If a program isn't interacting with the game in any way, shape or form then it shouldn't really be any of your business whether it's running or not. Guilty until maybe proven innocent is never a good policy.

It also raises the issue of false positives or even minor things like hardware/software macros being picked up by whatever detection you're using.

+1

I'm scared to invest now too since I could get banned for it at anytime, feels like there's a time bomb next to me. Supposing if the OP's saying the truth but still this ninja must be cautious.

Guyz... It is really really simple.  If you value your account, do no risk it.  It is their game.  They can ban for whatever they want.  Why on earth would you risk losing your account for any of of the grey area actions mentioned in this thread?  I am glad they take such a stern stance on cheating and hope it stays that way.  Keep the game pure.  We really don't need another f2p game plagued with bots, hacks, and cheaters.

Edited by Alohoe

Guyz... It is really really simple.  If you value your account, do no risk it.  It is their game.  They can ban for whatever they want.  Why on earth would you risk losing your account for any of of the grey area actions mentioned in this thread?  I am glad they take such a stern stance on cheating and hope it stays that way.  Keep the game pure.  We really don't need another f2p game plagued with bots, hacks, and cheaters.

This guy gets it.

The majority of the F2P market is like this. It doesn't matter if you run it on their game specifically. It matters if they detect something like that in action at the same time as their game.

Nexon has tons of games and they do this. So does Perfect World Entertainment and Sony Online Entertainment.

This is not a new or alien concept. This has been a thing for a long while. It should be common sense not to run a program like Cheat Engine at the same time as an online game you KNOW has the ability to monitor for possible intrusions.

DE doesn't have to feel sorry if you have a lapse of judgement of this magnitude. Especially if you were stupid enough to sign a EULA agreement without even paying attention to what it says. 

Doesn't matter. He signed the EULA so he is bound by the rules.

A EULA agreement is a contract. He broke the terms. Now he is banned.

It isn't DE's fault he was too stupid to read something he signed.

What are you getting with this?  I'm not defending the OP at all.  I'm questioning the anti-cheat system DE decided to employ.  Of course it is his own bloody fault for getting ban. 

What are you getting with this? I'm not defending the OP at all. I'm questioning the anti-cheat system DE decided to employ. Of course it is his own bloody fault for getting ban.

Almost any Anti-cheat acts this way. You shouldn't be surprised. Run cheat engine on some unrelated game with a Nexon or SOE game open.

Both will ban you. This is literally common sense. They can detect something like that in use and they defend themselves by hitting it with a banhammer. The EULA backs these companies up by having you agree that you'll accept a ban regardless of the reason you where banned.

Edited by Blatantfool

To people saying mistakes can't be made: I got permanently banned from WOW for about 4 hours, before I got unbanned.

I only found out due to Blizz sending me emails explaining that I got banned for cheating, got reinstated due to an erroneous ban, and got a complimentary 3 months sub added due to my inconvenience.

As the whole thing happened while I was at work, I wasn't too concerned.

Almost any Anti-cheat acts this way. You shouldn't be surprised. Run cheat engine on some unrelated game with a Nexon or SOE game open.

Both will ban you. This is literally common sense. They can detect something like that in use and they defend themselves by hitting it with a banhammer. The EULA backs these companies up by having you agree that you'll accept a ban regardless of the reason you where banned.

Doesn't mean anything.  "Common sense" is highly subjective when different companies have different rules.  What if I never played SOE or Nexon games?  Give me proof that a majority of games have the same principle and you can call it common sense.  But even then it is irrelevant because that is not what I'm questioning.

Edited by Casval_Rouge

To people saying mistakes can't be made: I got permanently banned from WOW for about 4 hours, before I got unbanned.

I only found out due to Blizz sending me emails explaining that I got banned for cheating, got reinstated due to an erroneous ban, and got a complimentary 3 months sub added due to my inconvenience.

As the whole thing happened while I was at work, I wasn't too concerned.

This is true but from what this dude describes he wasnt a work and when he came home he found out. He specifically said he was running something that probably lead to the ban.