The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Perma-Banned Already, It's A Bit Sensitive

Trayder

Yeah, gonna have to call BS on that.  When you implement a system that is capable of auto-banning, lots of innocents get caught in the crossfire.

I got permabanned from a game because I was using Xpadder so that I could play it using a controller (Dungeon Fighter Online if you must know.  Their native controller support was atrocious, and NOT using a controller for a beat 'em up seemed like a crime).  I've also gotten banned from a game because their crappy cheat detection software thought the Steam Overlay was a hack.    

Here's the thing about forums though: Proof is everything.

Do I believe OP was being malicious? Probably not.

Do I believe OP did something naughty? Yes. If you walk the line between what is acceptable, and what is not, you take the chance of getting kicked.

Are there 'innocent' people who get banned? Sure, but if you don't provide more proof than your word, then you're just a good story-teller.

Yeah, gonna have to call BS on that.  When you implement a system that is capable of auto-banning, lots of innocents get caught in the crossfire.

I got permabanned from a game because I was using Xpadder so that I could play it using a controller (Dungeon Fighter Online if you must know.  Their native controller support was atrocious, and NOT using a controller for a beat 'em up seemed like a crime).  I've also gotten banned from a game because their crappy cheat detection software thought the Steam Overlay was a hack.    

You are right in a sense, there are many bans for just unrecognized/third party overriding softwares. But still it's not BS what the other guy said.... most of the times 12 years old just go and complain about how they were just "testing" something, or "their little brother" and the BS excuse list just goes on. And then go plead for mercy or their alleged innocence in the forums... it's just too old of a story.

Anyhow, one way or another, Karma is a *@##$. And if you are cheating, being in this game or another... and get caught by detection.... deal with it. The ban is perfectly justified.

I'm pretty sure that the "initial" iteration of any anti-cheat system is balls-to-the-walls hardcore just to scare the S#&$ out of everyone. But like the guy above said, e-mailing support is always an option and, given DE trackrecord, i'm pretty sure they'll work with whoever was banned to solve whatever issue.

BTW: I just uninstallled Cheat Engine 6.2 and then used the Search Everything software to look for any files with that name. Then i went into regedit and cleaned all mentions of it too. Just to make sure ^-^

Edited by Renan.Ruivo

I was wondering if already having a Memory Editor (Cheat Engine for ex) running on your pc will trigger a Warframe Ban. Now i guess the answer is yes.

This is very worrying.

I myself use Cheat Engine often to Mod/Cheat in (offline)Singleplayer Games. I enjoy editing those games to my liking.

If i would leave Cheat Engine open and then start Warframe and get a Ban i would be quite mad...

Edited by 7rance

I was wondering if already having a Memory Editor (Cheat Engine for ex) running on your pc will trigger a Warframe Ban. Now i guess the answer is yes.

This is very worrying.

I myself use Cheat Engine often to Mod/Cheat in (offline)Singleplayer Games. I enjoy editing those games to my liking.

If i would leave Cheat Engine open and then start Warframe and get a Ban i would be quite mad...

This is exactly what happened to me, so don't do it.

As for e-mailing support, I have done so regardless, but I really don't feel like begging like a runt if their word is absolute. I don't even have evidence to show except for the fact that all my game data related to Warframe remains entirely un-tampered.

This is very worrying.

It is hacking and cheating after all, so yeah it could happen. So if you don't wanna risk it, just don't use them with warframe up.

i'm pretty sure anti cheats do not scan your hardware or running programs. as long as things like cheat engine isn't hooked to warframe and altering its inner components I say it's perfectly fine. 

Just as a friendly advice, please don't say such things if you aren't really sure of them, you'll confuse/endanger other users if they listen blindly to them. It's a fact that anti cheat/hacks pick up on running programs. It's also a fact there are pretty lame software of such sort, that detects false positives resulting in incorrect bans... being one of the worst the PB..... one of the crappiest ever.

I dont really understand why anyone would cheat in this game anyway...its not like the game has a in-game economy to manipulate or a pvp system to exploit....

Why cheat for a pve game, its like botting super mario bros or the legend of zelda?

Edited by ADDpillz

i'm pretty sure anti cheats do not scan your hardware or running programs. as long as things like cheat engine isn't hooked to warframe and altering its inner components I say it's perfectly fine. 

That's something. Cheat Engine does not interacts with processes that you don't want it to, specifically to avoid situations like this. So either the OP lied ("Everybody lies" - Dr. Gregory House) or Warframe runs a scan on your list of running processes. I find the latter very disturbing to be quite honest, since i don't know which processes are on their blacklist.

I run Input Director to control two different computers at the same time (i work at home with outside computer repair). Input Director can be used to "cheat" by running two warframe clients on two computers and making a squad with yourself. Will i get banned for having the Input Director server running on my computer?

Or here's a better question. Will i find the answer to that question only if i actually get banned for it?!

Archistopheles, on 24 Apr 2013 - 2:46 PM, said:

Here's the thing about forums though: Proof is everything.

Do I believe OP was being malicious? Probably not.

Do I believe OP did something naughty? Yes. If you walk the line between what is acceptable, and what is not, you take the chance of getting kicked.

Are there 'innocent' people who get banned? Sure, but if you don't provide more proof than your word, then you're just a good story-teller.

I know, that wasn't what I was calling out. I was calling out that automatic cheat detection never has false positives. And unfortunately, a lot of the time they're being run by someone like Nexon who won't do crap about it.

I dont really understand why anyone would cheat in this game anyway...its not like the game has a in-game economy to manipulate or a pvp system to exploit....

Why cheat for a pve game, its like botting super mario bros or the legend of zelda?

Some people aren't satisfied not being #1 in kills and damage every game, and if they can't manage to do it the old fashioned way they'll just cheat for it. Pretty lame.

Renan.Ruivo, on 24 Apr 2013 - 3:30 PM, said:

That's something. Cheat Engine does not interacts with processes that you don't want it to, specifically to avoid situations like this. So either the OP lied ("Everybody lies" - Dr. Gregory House) or Warframe runs a scan on your list of running processes. I find the latter very disturbing to be quite honest, since i don't know which processes are on their blacklist.

I run Input Director to control two different computers at the same time (i work at home with outside computer repair). Input Director can be used to "cheat" by running two warframe clients on two computers and making a squad with yourself. Will i get banned for having the Input Director server running on my computer?

Or here's a better question. Will i find the answer to that question only if i actually get banned for it?!

Is dual-boxing actually against the ToS? Lots of games allow the player to do it, and some even encourage it. I know EVE does with their whole "Power of Two" promos.

And then, of course, there are the freaks that run a 40-man WoW raid by themselves.

So either the OP lied ("Everybody lies" - Dr. Gregory House) or Warframe runs a scan on your list of running processes. I find the latter very disturbing to be quite honest, since i don't know which processes are on their blacklist.

Now I want to rename notepad.exe to cheatengine.exe (or whatever it's called) and find out what happens.

Is dual-boxing actually against the ToS? Lots of games allow the player to do it, and some even encourage it. I know EVE does with their whole "Power of Two" promos.

And then, of course, there are the freaks that run a 40-man WoW raid by themselves.

Well... what \|/ he \|/ said.

that's because they are a sub-game 

Alts on sub games mean more income for those companies. Each alt is a paid account. On F2P games, however, you could have 40 accounts and not pay a single dime for them, while reaping the rewards.

Now I want to rename notepad.exe to cheatengine.exe (or whatever it's called) and find out what happens.

I encourage this experiment, and give you the medal of balls of rubedo if you actually do it.

[DISCLAIMER: Don't do it]

Edited by Renan.Ruivo

I think I've encountered the same issue, and had my poor account suspended. Except I was using the Cheat Engine to debug and note down values in an application rather than "cheat" in anything. I carelessly left the application open in the background and started Warframe, did a single mission before re-logging and discovering that my account had been banned. I find it a little unreasonable that the simple presence of the application warrants such action.

This is against our EULA.